March 24, 2012 - 6 Night Western

My recommendation would be the Poly. They pipe the music for the fireworks onto the beach. Beautiful resort. It is a deluxe resort though so can be pricey.

The best resort pool is at the Yacht & Beach Club Resorts called Stormalong Bay. It is like a mini water park. Keep in mind that it is high season so everything will be quite expensive and with spring break and free dining rooms are filling up fast.

Me again! Another option is to stay at a moderate like Port Orleans. Less expensive, nice pool, and a fun boat ride to Downtown Disney. You can always go to the Poly and grab a doll whip and watch the fireworks without actually staying there. PM me if you like.
Barb

Boardwalk area (where Yacht Club is located) is always fun, so much to do and easy walking access to Epcot & Hollywood Studios if you choose to go. Epcot's fireworks are amazing as well. So many decisions! That's why we've decided just to hang out at Port Canaveral & visit Kennedy Space Center after the cruise.

My boys Zach 11/Noah 9 would be up for meeting up with the other boys their age. They would be up for anything and be excited to have new friends. I could see them doing a little of everything including the video games.

Hi mine son Jared is 11yr and he just got an xbox does your son have a xbox thought they could talk on there and play games and get to know each other

Yes, the boys do and they do have xbox live - I think that's how they play other players, not really sure how it works. Will ask them and then PM you their info to play live.
Thanks, great idea for the boys to connect prior to cruise. Jack & Kevin don't go on-line to e-mail, twitter, facebook, etc.... at least not yet, thank goodness!:rotfl:

Rosemary

My boys Zach and Noah are on x-box live too. They will need to send each other friend requests and then be playing the same games, but they will be able to talk to each other. My boys play a wide variety of games. The boys know more about it then I do.

We had our first skiff of snow yesterday :cold: and all I can think of is the cruise now. Winter usually drags on most years, knowing that we have to wait until almost the end of winter before getting on that ship is going to be torture! :eek: I spend free time thinking about excursions, Palo reservations, spa treatments, etc. Anything to get me through this cold Canadian Prairie winter I guess. ;) We have previously only been on one Disney Cruise, but I found that once everything settled down with schedules and things that the online discussion traffic became very fast. Someone on our cruise even started a seperate page through yahoo I think which was password protected so that we could be more comfortable sharing photos online. I felt like I knew so many people before I even got to the ship. I still keep in touch with many of them and one family we now count as very close friends. They have come down to WDW many times to meet us, and are planning a trip up here to Canada next summer (she won't even consider the winter, not sure why :lmao: ).

We are quite a big group of familly travelling together with 8 cabins. We range in age from 78 to 3. I will try to convince my kids and nieces and nephews to get on here and contact the other kids their age.
Barb

Another cruise I am on, we have a closed group Facebook page. So, only the people on the cruise group can see the page. Has anyone else ever done that or would they be interested?

I would be interested in something that would be password protected so I would feel better posting pictures and such. I don't know how to start it do I'm hoping someone else can do it!

Its benn months since ive been on dis board and have obiously missed alot. I was wondering if you are still doing FE and if so i wanted to make sure We are on it

I have a 13 year old daughter Paige:cheer2:
A 12 year old daughter Natalie:wizard:
and a 8 year old son Cole:rotfl2:

:banana:This is Julia DD13, last time i met a friend on here before the cruise and we had so much fun :rotfl: hoping to do that again, so i dont have that awkward day of being alone :rolleyes1 so anyone 13 to 14, talk to me! we can end up being each others cruise buddies :dance3::cool1: I have been to Disney World exactly 20 times, and this will be my third time on the magic. i went in October last year, and the time before that in May of 2002. I cant wait til this cruise only 172 days left!:banana:

My daughter paige is 13. She also likes to meet friends before the cruise it makes it a better experience. Some friends from other cruises have kept intouch with her over the years.

Hello, Cruisers!

Because the Red Sox got put out of the baseball playoffs I am a little bored, so I have gotten overly involved with the Pinterest website according to my husband! :) This new Pinterest hobby is turning my FE gift into an obsession! I have a really cute idea, but I need your help. If you don't mind, I would LOVE for you guys to post who your and your kids or cabinmates favorite Disney characters are. I would SUPER appreciate it. You can just post them here or PM me or whatever! That way my FE gifts can be a little more personal!

Thanks guys!
My daughter paige loves donald Duck
My daughter Natalie likes Pluto
My son coles favorite charector is Mickey Mouse

I added your info to the list in post #2. Welcome Aboard!!:woohoo:
Welcome to the cruise! :yay: I added all your info to the roll call. You mentioned doing the FE on your last cruise. Did you want to participate this time as well?
Yay! You will love cruising! :cool1: I added you to the roll call.

You got it!:cheer2:

yes we want to participate in FE i will find our cabin # and tell you tomorrow.

The last cruise we did also had a FB group & it was so much fun! I headed that page up, and would be more than happy to do it again. Let me know if anyone is interested in that & I will get it set up!

The last cruise we did also had a FB group & it was so much fun! I headed that page up, and would be more than happy to do it again. Let me know if anyone is interested in that & I will get it set up!

I've never had a cruise facebook page but it does sound like fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter