March 22-29, 2008 - Here Before You Know It!

Well for all of you who think you had a stressful time leading up to the cruise..

I have you all beat sadly..

My folks who WERE going along, are now not.. Dad was admitted to the hospital on Saturday morning. Seems that he is going to be ok but the DR said NO cruise for him..

So if anyone needs a Cat 5 room deck 8 there will be one available in about 2 hours..

Now that he is going to be ok,,, we are getting charged up again for the trip minus my folks.. Bring on several "Drinks fo the Day!"

Okay I'll quit complaining now. Even before I read HFC1969's post, I was thinking about akarts DH who is traveling while receiving chemo. DS's flu or whatever it is should be over soon.

Plus, I read the post about trip insurance and if the DD comes down with it while we're onboard, sounds like we'll get some reimbursement. (Hey, trying to look at it from all angles here.)

So sorry to hear about your dad HFC1969. I'm sure you are totally bummed. Hope he is feeling much better, despite the disappointment of missing the cruise. Yes, the Drink of the Day would definitely be in order! :thumbsup2

Here is a little pixie dust to everyone and your medical or other stresses.

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

My stresses are all work related. :scared1: I always seem to be overloaded just before a vacation. Why do I have to justify being away by doing it all before I leave.

Heres to relaxing and letting go.

Stellamb: I believe you can still get lobster in Palo.

Jerseybelle
yes you can get lobster at palo, but ds want it to and kid can't go to palo's s Ds loves any kind of seafood.He be really mad if he didnot get lobster his favorite

We're allllllmmmmmooooossssstttt there! :cool1:

I haven't even thought about starting to pack yet! Well, OK I am starting to think about it now! a little bit :rolleyes2 Maybe I'll pack tomorrow! :surfweb:
1x pr shorts (check) 1x pr socks (check) 1x shirt (check) 1x pr shoes (check) Hmmmm. What am I forgetting? :scratchin

The DW's huge blue samsonite roller suitcase is lying on the bedroom floor, so full that there is no way that it will zip shut! :worship: And the 2x DS bags look like they're pretty much ready to go.

I may have to get a U-Haul :eek: just to get our luggage to the airport! OK, perhaps I'm exaggerating a little bit? Just as long as it's under 50 lbs. My trick is to put the DW's bag on the scale 1st. There's normally a bit of room in the Men's bags should we need to re-distribute a bit. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

stellamb Our 2x DS's love their Lobster as well. They must get their expensive tastes from their Mother? :lmao:

HFC1969 So sorry to hear that your folks can't join you. At least your Dad will be OK. I hope Disney will work with you, as far as re-booking / refund? I think they're normally real good when it comes to extenuating circumstances! Did you say "Drinks of the Day?" I'm SO THERE! party:

Its vacation folks don't sweat it..

Who cares when you eat, where you eat, what you wear.. :confused3

As long as your healthy,, as long as you make it aboard... quit stressing and biitching...:thumbsup2

Hi All! So sorry that I haven't posted in quite awhile....I am in the middle of packing....aren't we all?....I am in the middle of stressing....aren't we all??...and I was wondering if any of you thought to check into the weather...
I know it is super early but I think it might be calling for some rain...ugh....

Question..does it rain a lot in the caribbean? Will it rain for a little bit and then leave? When we did the land and sea back in 01 we were rained out of Freeport...I hope it doesn't happen again.....crossing my fingers!!

Key West Sunday: high 78 scattered showers
Grand Cayman Tuesday: high 84 scattered showers
Cozumel Wednesday: high 87, 60% chance of showers

Apparently I don't know how to look up Castaway Cay, even though I could swear I've done it before, so I don't know about that one.

As you said, it's a long way off. As far as I know, there is always a chance of showers in the area. The captain will stear around most weather and if we can't dock, alternate activities will be arranged.

Happy Cruising.

OK - I think we're just about set! DDS are packing their carry ons and charging all their electronic devices. Two more sleeps!

Everything is in the suitcases! Haven't weighed them again--took out a few things so hopefully they're not overweight any more!! Still need to pack the carry ons. Electronic items are charging. We leave in 2 sleeps too. Just heard that we can't carry on water any more. Bummer. I was planning to pick up a case and slap a luggage sticker on it. It might snow here on Friday--who cares because we'll be at the Magic Kingdom!!! HA HA! :lmao: I bet it rains a little every day in the Caribbean--seems like I remember that from our last trip. We'll probably be wearing our swim suits anyway--so a little rain shouldn't hurt too much!! (But I do hope it's sunny!!!) :cheer2:

Okay so I am almost packed, We head out on thursday am !!!! I can not wait!!! I am so excited that I can not sleep. I have not been on the boards lately so I feel I have missed out!
I hope everyone is getting healthy and staying stress free-, after all this is VACATION!!!
I am so looking forward to meeting everyone, and having a face and real name to attach to all of you!!!
See ya real soon:cool1:

I keep hearing about the weight of suitcases, can someone tell me the weight limit!!!:confused3

The weight limit is 50 lbs. for checked luggage if you're flying. If you're not flying, then stuff that suitcase as full as you want!! (I don't know if DCL limits the weight of suitcases.)

1 day for my family!! :woohoo:

Thanks Whamma- I am not flying so I don't have to remove any of the 6 pair of shoes or the gazillion outfits that I have packed!!!! I was stressing big time last night!!!!! unpacked, repacked---nothing was "don't need"!!!!! (hahaha):lmao:

I guess I should start thinking about packing today! :thumbsup2

The DW spent some more "quality" time with her bag last night. It must have done some good, the pile has drastically reduced, and I actually think I will be able to zip it closed when given the appropriate signal. :worship:

Have any of you been reading the threads on shipping boxes, and no liquids in carry on or checked bags? :confused3

How are they going to do that?, with all the lotions / shampoo's, etc. that most of us carry? (Not to mention alcohol)

Just to avoid any aggravation, I think I'm just going to give Shirley a call, and ask her to enhance the boys' gift buckets with some "supplies" for the old man. :goodvibes OK, maybe I'll ask her to get some Bailey's for the DW's coffee as well. :rotfl2:

Can't wait to meet you all on Saturday! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

It seems there has been no change as far as carrying liquids onto the boat. :surfweb: They just have to be able to go through the scanners! :thumbsup2

So it looks like my pitstop at ABC Liquors is back on! :cool1:

And yes, I will get DW her Bailey's! :worship:

P.S. I have finally started to throw some clothes in a bag. Snorkeling equipment for Dad & Lads is all packed! :cool2: pirate: pirate:

After reading the posts about the baggage restrictions, I decided to check US Airways because our Disney flights are with them. US Airways is imposing a 2nd checked bag per person/per flight fee but it doesn't begin until flights on or after May 5th. $25 per 2nd bag/person. $100 for 3rd - 9th. If I needed that much luggage, it would be one way trip.

"Look honey. I saved us $75" :flower3: :rolleyes1

Unless there is something new at the port, you can have liquids and gels in CHECKED luggage. One of our friends is a TSA trainer, yep, we asked a lot of questions last week when we saw him.

I would put any liquids or gels inside a ziploc type bag in my luggage.

:yay: Also if you have prescription medications, make sure you have that little label thingy for the medication. Don't mix medications, keep them in the original bottles. Also put them in a SEPARATE baggy and declare them at security screening. They are not suppose to go against the gallon bag of 3 z or less net wt of toiletries.

I asked last week for copies of the labels and smaller bottles since we were going on a trip. At my local Rite Aid drug store -- no charge.

From the TSA web site:
TSA's checkpoint security screening procedures for persons with disabilities and medical conditions have not changed as a result of the current threat situation. All disability-related equipment, aids, and devices continue to be allowed through security checkpoints once cleared through screening.

Additionally, we are continuing to permit prescription liquid medications and other liquids needed by persons with disabilities and medical conditions. This includes:

* All prescription and over-the-counter medications (liquids, gels, and aerosols) including KY jelly, eye drops, and saline solution for medical purposes;
* Liquids including water, juice, or liquid nutrition or gels for passengers with a disability or medical condition;
* Life-support and life-sustaining liquids such as bone marrow, blood products, and transplant organs;
* Items used to augment the body for medical or cosmetic reasons such as mastectomy products, prosthetic breasts, bras or shells containing gels, saline solution, or other liquids; and,
* Gels or frozen liquids needed to cool disability or medically related items used by persons with disabilities or medical conditions.

However, if the liquid medications are in volumes larger than 3 ozs each, they may not be placed in the quart-size bag and must be declared to the Transportation Security Officer. A declaration can be made verbally, in writing, or by a person's companion, caregiver, interpreter, or family member.

Declared liquid medications and other liquids for disabilities and medical conditions must be kept separate from all other property submitted for x-ray screening.

For more information on these measures, please read our letter outlining this policy -- Changes in Allowances for Persons with Disabilities at Airport Security Checkpoints

Looks like we're getting out of here just in time! Six inches of SNOW is predicted for tomorrow night. So happy to hear our "essential" liquids will still be allowed in our carry on bags! Thought I would have to increase our refreshment budget.

See you all on Saturday!

"My bags are packed, I'm ready to go"...:rolleyes1
Broke down and bought another suitcase--didn't want the stress of being so close to overweight. (Five checked bags for four people seems really excessive to me! Oh well!)

We live just about 1 hour's drive west from where llp479 lives--and yes, a Winter Storm Watch is in effect for Friday. Woo-hoo! Bring it on--we'll be gone!!

Our flight leaves at 11:30 a.m. tomorrow! See you all on Saturday--"deck 10 at 3pm. Mid-ship right above the Goofy pool on the side by the port (not to be confused by the port side)".:jumping1:

Safe and stress-free travels to everyone!!pixiedust: pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter