March 21, 2004 anyone?

hsteacher

Mom of a Disney Princess and Prince
Didn't see this date posted and wondering if anyone out there will be cruising with us. This is our 4th DC and it will be me, DD, 19 yo and DS 12 yo -- DH can't go due to work schedule :( Both my kids (is the 19 yo really a kid anymore???) love DCL and when asked if they wanted to try another cruise line there was an immediate NO so back we are for another wonderful cruise. Look forward to hearing who else is cruising with us.

This will be our first cruise. Me, DH, DS 12, DD 9. They are so excited! What kind of "cool" stuff do they have for the boys to do? DD will be thrilled with anything Disney!princess:

This will be our 4th DC and my son has always enjoyed the kids clubs. He's in there pretty much of the time and even at 11 yo when we cruised last April, he still loved the clubs. He loved the little production they have the kids do, painting disney cells (on overhead type material), eating meals with them, just about everything he participates in. He has always found the counselors to be wonderful and bonds with them -- two of the counselors last cruise had my name and my husbands name so he called them is "disney parents" and the two counselors had a picture taken with my son at CC and then bought the picture, put it in a frame and gave it to him on the last night! I also let him check himself in and out (didn't when he was 9 but have since then). He doesn't even eat dinner with us most of the time -- he's in the clubs. Both my kids, even my daughter who will be 19 yo when we cruise this time, have always loved DCL. I was surprise that my DD wanted to go again with us since there are college/sorority trips planned but she said as long as her college spring break is the same as ours, she'll be with us! Of course, if she's with us, we pay so Im getting the feeling it's alot better financially to vacation with the family :) Hope this helps.

I have emailed with brerrabbit70 and our boys have even went in IM to talk about the upcoming cruise. I am also from Palatine and have 6 kids. I have a 17 boy, 16 boy, 13 g, 11 twin boys and an 8 yr old girl. This is our kids first cruise and hubby and my 2nd cruise. I must say I am not looking forward to helping all these kids pack, but we are very very excited about the cruise. I also wanted to let Brerrabbit know that the reason my kids have not been on AOL IM is because I uninstalled it. It was becoming a problem and 2 of my kids clicked on links they should not have and we got 2 trojan viruses. I also saw it was interfering in my 13 yr olds social life. She was obessed with it. I just got rid of it for now. Our email is the same so if your son would like to email Max or Mitch, he can just put to: and their name in the subject line and I will give it to the boys. Can't wait to meet up with everyone on the cruise. Hsteacher we are neighbors, where in this lovely suburb do you live? We live near the Jewel in town. pm me if you don't wish to share this info on a public board. Tomorrow we will all be doing the double digit dance!!!!!! Melissa

HLFDZN -- tried to PM you but don't know if it worked!!! Let me know if you got the info -- we are REALLY close to each other in good old P-Ville! In fact, I teach at the green/gold high school :) -- not much time left. We are surprising my 12 yo and he won't find out until the day before we leave as he gets WAYYYYY to excited. Look forward to hearing from you.

I also sent you a PM, you probably know 2 of my kids already if you teach there. I know it is a large school, but one of them is very hard to miss with his new hairstyle...the mohawk!!! The other one has blue hair. Not sure if I even want to admit to you who I am LOL if you know what I mean. Mine know about the cruise, but do not know we are flying down. We have been preparing them for a 20 hour ride in the van! They will be soo relieved to know we don't have that torture ( me too!!!) I have 6 kids in all 3 school in my area. SRP, PG jr High and Good old FHS. Can't wait to meet up with you.....I have twin 11 old boys too, so your 12 yr old will have a bunch of kids to hang with. Brerrabbit also has a 12 yr old boy! Mine have been forgoing hot lunch money so they have money to spend on the cruise ( a deal we made). Can't wait to meet!!! Melissa

Well Melissa -- the PM's must not be working as I did not receive one from you :( -- how exciting that we will be on the same cruise!!! I probably have seen your kids but, believe it or not, the mohawk and colored hair aren't necessarily as unusual as you would think!! :) I'm going to give you my email address as I would love to chat with you off the boards since I'm not getting my PM's -- here it is: lovepoms@yahoo.com (obviously I'm the pom coach at FHS). Email me and we can chat about this wonderful vacation we are looking forward to with our families. My son will be very interested to meet your 11 yo. Take care and good to meet another P-Ville cruiser :)

I'M ALL BOOKED FOR 3/21/04 WONDER . JUST GOTTA GWT PASSPORTS NOW . GOING WITH WIFE AND 2 DS 13 AND 9 . GOT ABOUT 16 MORE EXTENDED FAMLY , SO YOU PROBABLY WONT MISS US . SUPRISED THERE AINT MORE RESPONDANTS TO THIS THREAD , AS I THINK THE SHIP SHOULD BE PRETTY SOLD OUT . IT IS SPRING BREAK

Howdy and welcome!!!
You won't miss my family either. I am the crazy Mom with 6 kids in tow. I have 4 boys and 2 girls. I have a 13 yr old girl.....can't wait to meet everyone!!! Melissa

This will be my family's second cruise, but first time on Disney. We have a 5 yo son, and would love to hear from anyone else with little guys who are ready to have great fun on board!!:cool1:

4 weeks from tomorrow! I didn't sign on to this thread because I wasn't sure I'd get to go - or if I did - if it would be alone or with others. My original companions have canceled for medical reasons and it was a difficult decision. My heart will be on shore with them.

Now though, I have suddenly acquired 2 NEW traveling companions. We are three Disney Babes, LindaBabe (39 again) CShore (39 again) and AliKat (CShore's dd-19).

Let the Party begin!

Welcome and I can't wait to sail!! I am also 39 ( ish) for a few more months anyway... I just took a 40th BD cruise with 3 other girlfriends who are turning 40 this yr. I figure that cruise got me in practice LOL!! As I said I am traveling with my 6 kids and hubby. I can't wait to share my love of cruising with my kids.
27 days!!!!!!!!! Melissa

um well, let's say more than a decade since i was 39 for the first time;) But when I play at Disney with my girlfriends, we feel our age is more realistically the same as our shoe size. In my case, 8!::yes::

Your secret is safe with me!!!! I will never tell. I agree about the shoe size, when I get with my girlie friends I act my shoe size too!!! I am trying to figure out how to identify myself..but heck, how many people are showing up with 6 kids, one of which has a mohawk hairdo? Yes, the child looks like a tropical bird!!! At least he is a teen and I can pretend not to know him right? Looking fwd to meeting everyone!!!!!! Melissa

I suppose there's always the ubiquitous lime green ribbon - let me see. . . i don't know how to post a picture. I'm pooh sized with short silver hair. The funny thing Is, I can't describe my traveling companions, because i've never met them in person either!

Howdy all!!
If I can get my creative cogs moving and find what I am looking for at the store, we will all be sporting somewhat matching t-shirts the day we board the ship. I am hoping for lime green shirts, I just have to find them now. I have a nice Disney print program that I am going to put to work and print out transfers for the t-shirts. The teens are doing the famous eye roll...here goes Mom again with her crazy color coded family, but I think it will be cute. I will keep you updated on the progress. I currently have about 150 boxes of GS cookies to deliver and my youngest turns 9 Thurs...I think I need to go into insomniac mode to get all this done. I started helping youngest pack. I know it is early, but with 6 kids, I really need to get an idea of what fits to allow time to do last minute shopping. Good thing I had her try on the shorts.....NONE of them fit!!!!! ARRRGGGGGG 13 yr old grew a lot as well. I can't wait to meet everyone!!!!!!! Melissa

WHAT a great idea! Only a little more than two weeks now, I've got to hurry up and come up with SOMETHING!

Melissa -- I PM'd you with a local shop that might be able to help you out with those lime green T's for the family. Good luck :)

Jane

I'm sure this question has been answered somewhere before but in the overwhelming amount of info I've been taking in, I must have lost the answer!!!

Can cell phones be used aboard the ship?:chat:

Cell phones do work on board depending on your provider. My cell works just fine in port but had little to no cell in the Bahamas. I had no problem calling my husband on board the ship from the sail away party (he had a job commitment and couldn't go but wanted to hear "when you wish upon a star") and then no problem right before we disembarked. So, check your service provider and see. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter