MARCH 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread-🌸Spring 🐣into Health ☘️

I am so happy to be off today. The house fell apart while I was sick, and returning to work before I was 100% didn’t allow me time to put everything back together again. DD and DH did a little (in their minds, a lot) but it is BAD. So that’s today. Of course the creative side of me needed to prepare the Easter baskets first. Now I have to get serious and clean two bathrooms, the kitchen, and the living room. I can ignore the dining room since we’re eating out for Easter. At least the dishwasher is running.

Tomorrow will be a spa day and dying Easter eggs, so once I am done with chores today, the rest of the weekend should be fun.
🌷🐇🐣🌷🐇🐣🌷🐇🐣🌷🐇🐣

I am so happy to be off today. The house fell apart while I was sick, and returning to work before I was 100% didn’t allow me time to put everything back together again. DD and DH did a little (in their minds, a lot) but it is BAD. So that’s today. Of course the creative side of me needed to prepare the Easter baskets first. Now I have to get serious and clean two bathrooms, the kitchen, and the living room. I can ignore the dining room since we’re eating out for Easter. At least the dishwasher is running.

Tomorrow will be a spa day and dying Easter eggs, so once I am done with chores today, the rest of the weekend should be fun.
🌷🐇🐣🌷🐇🐣🌷🐇🐣🌷🐇🐣

Sounds like a great weekend! What do you put in your Easter baskets? Now that our kids are older, I never know what to put in their baskets? I usually do some candy and a gift card to one of their favorite restaurants. They've all been talking about doing Top Golf together, so I was thinking about giving them each a gift card there that would cover most of their evening.

Prep day two...depending on how cooperative the kids are....so far not very. Today is dessert day: cookie dough, muddy buddies, maybe brownies.
And snapping the greenbeans. The produce at market basket is super fresh but dang if those beans are not HUGE. Did manage to finish shredding all the cheese for the mac and cheese as that is such a time suck.
Tonight is a party for one of my friends and tomorrow will be more food prep (side dishes) and setting up the dining room. Then DS11 is serving the Easter vigil so we'll do a divide and conquer situation there with him and the little between the vigil and regular mass on Sunday morning.
Can we discuss briefly how excited I am for pog juice? We only have it when in WDW and when I make it on Christmas and Easter. Hit it with a tiny bit of sparkling wine or rum for the grownups and oh boy what a treat for all your hard work hosting!

Sounds like a great weekend! What do you put in your Easter baskets? Now that our kids are older, I never know what to put in their baskets? I usually do some candy and a gift card to one of their favorite restaurants. They've all been talking about doing Top Golf together, so I was thinking about giving them each a gift card there that would cover most of their evening.
All chocolate candy. DD is a chocoholic like her mom. Her boyfriend is getting one too because he is spending Easter with us, and he’s my kid for the weekend. DD’s basket is reused every year since she was little. I replace it with new grass to freshen it up.
IMG_3206.jpeg

Prep day two...depending on how cooperative the kids are....so far not very. Today is dessert day: cookie dough, muddy buddies, maybe brownies.
And snapping the greenbeans. The produce at market basket is super fresh but dang if those beans are not HUGE. Did manage to finish shredding all the cheese for the mac and cheese as that is such a time suck.
Tonight is a party for one of my friends and tomorrow will be more food prep (side dishes) and setting up the dining room. Then DS11 is serving the Easter vigil so we'll do a divide and conquer situation there with him and the little between the vigil and regular mass on Sunday morning.
Can we discuss briefly how excited I am for pog juice? We only have it when in WDW and when I make it on Christmas and Easter. Hit it with a tiny bit of sparkling wine or rum for the grownups and oh boy what a treat for all your hard work hosting!

Sounds like a feast!! I've never had Pog juice (actually had to look up what it is). It sounds delicious though! I love those traditions where you only have things a certain time of the year. Makes them so special!

All chocolate candy. DD is a chocoholic like her mom. Her boyfriend is getting one too because he is spending Easter with us, and he’s my kid for the weekend. DD’s basket is reused every year since she was little. I replace it with new grass to freshen it up.
View attachment 846316

Sounds great! Both baskets are very colorful!

Yesterday went really well. It is usually disruptive to go in to the city but it felt better this time, like I must have needed to shake things up. We ended up doing two fillings, as the one I could feel the chip in was not the one she was "watching". The teeth are next to each other so it was pretty quick and not all that bad, and a big relief to get taken care of. Pottery class last night was great, only four students, very calming and fulfilling. I think I'll be going in to open studio for a bit on Saturday to play around some more.

No family plans for Easter, which is fine by me. The next four days are supposed to be good weather-wise so lots of outdoor time with more gardening. The pumpkin starts are doing so well I'm planning on putting them out and have protective cloches to put over them while they get established.

And I am determined to get thru this next section of the sweater. It's just 12 rows that have four new-to-me stitches so I should be able to get it done over the course of the weekend.

1711728957421.png

The gift card idea in the baskets is a great idea. I think I will use that for the kids this year since I am so behind. I also get them a lot of Easter candy/Chocolates. Maybe I will get them an outfit like I normally do but that is getting too hard. They are both getting too picky with their clothes.

I have a woohoo for today and can't wait until Wednesday. I am just too excited. At work, I work in the financial aid office at a non-profit college access program, I work with the scholarships that we give to traditional students (about 900 students a year) and adult students (about 300 a year). Myself and a co-worker of mine are going for a financial aid certification. It is pretty intense and a lot of things to know that we don't deal with. A lot of it is for colleges that give out financial aid.

My co-worker and I took a smaller class early March for a much small certification and with that we can take the test to be certified in that section. The big test, that we are going for, will have a little bit of several sections. Each section then has a bigger certification on that one subject (this is what we did earlier this month). I took this test today and I passed with an 88.85% This is the first test I have taken in like 25 years. I was so nervous. I swore I was going to fail it.

So I am now certified in Consumer Information which I will never use but cool to have it. This was all on the information on everything the schools need to share with students, employees and the public. Things like crime, fires, evacuation plans, how students are notified about loans, graduations rate and so so much more.

The gift card idea in the baskets is a great idea. I think I will use that for the kids this year since I am so behind. I also get them a lot of Easter candy/Chocolates. Maybe I will get them an outfit like I normally do but that is getting too hard. They are both getting too picky with their clothes.

I have a woohoo for today and can't wait until Wednesday. I am just too excited. At work, I work in the financial aid office at a non-profit college access program, I work with the scholarships that we give to traditional students (about 900 students a year) and adult students (about 300 a year). Myself and a co-worker of mine are going for a financial aid certification. It is pretty intense and a lot of things to know that we don't deal with. A lot of it is for colleges that give out financial aid.

My co-worker and I took a smaller class early March for a much small certification and with that we can take the test to be certified in that section. The big test, that we are going for, will have a little bit of several sections. Each section then has a bigger certification on that one subject (this is what we did earlier this month). I took this test today and I passed with an 88.85% This is the first test I have taken in like 25 years. I was so nervous. I swore I was going to fail it.

So I am now certified in Consumer Information which I will never use but cool to have it. This was all on the information on everything the schools need to share with students, employees and the public. Things like crime, fires, evacuation plans, how students are notified about loans, graduations rate and so so much more.

Congratulations!!

Yesterday I cleaned the entire house, and I was exhausted. It was nice to wake up to a clean house today. I am enjoying my spa day tremendously. I really needed to relax. I had a wonderful massage, and got my toes and fingers looking good again.

Other than paying some bills later, I don’t have anything I must do. We are coloring eggs later so I will get my artistic outlet for the day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter