March 2022 - first or last weekend?

FinnsMom7

DIS Veteran
GM! I am considering booking a Sat to Tues for me and the hubby in March - just a getaway. We have seasonal passes (I know USO is blocked out Sat and Sun in March) And figured we could fly down, do IOA Sunday and USO Monday (parade at night) and have no true plans. We were just there in Nov for a week so dont need to fit it all in. I know March and April are pretty much all a crap shoot but the resort prices and flights are the same for 3/5-3/8 and 3/26-3/29 - does anyone think one weekend VS the other would be better? TIA for the help

I would check the various websites that show crowd levels based on the time of year and the park you are going to. They may not be as reliable as they once were but that’s the only way I think you could get an idea of what would be the best option. Although somewhere there was a thread that someone shared what weeks were the spring breaks for Florida. That also might be somewhat helpful. Hope you have a nice vacation!

GM! I am considering booking a Sat to Tues for me and the hubby in March - just a getaway. We have seasonal passes (I know USO is blocked out Sat and Sun in March) And figured we could fly down, do IOA Sunday and USO Monday (parade at night) and have no true plans. We were just there in Nov for a week so dont need to fit it all in. I know March and April are pretty much all a crap shoot but the resort prices and flights are the same for 3/5-3/8 and 3/26-3/29 - does anyone think one weekend VS the other would be better? TIA for the help

My spring break starts March 14th. My son's starts that last week, March 21st. I teach in a different county than he goes to school. So maybe do the first week instead?

I would check the various websites that show crowd levels based on the time of year and the park you are going to. They may not be as reliable as they once were but that’s the only way I think you could get an idea of what would be the best option. Although somewhere there was a thread that someone shared what weeks were the spring breaks for Florida. That also might be somewhat helpful. Hope you have a nice vacation!
I did do that but pretty much March thru April show busy lol. I have a feeling either option may be less than ideal but I rather be strolling thru the parks in sunshine then home in end of winter NJ.

If you go to undercover tourist and click on planning, then crowd calendar, it lists crowd levels for each park for the month. The first weekend in March starts at 7 out of 10 And the last weekend starts at 9 out of 10. You might also want to use their crowd calendar to see which parks are busiest on each day of the week. I personally would choose the first week but you are right about the sunshine versus NJ winter. We live in CT and can’t wait for a break from the cold weather and gray days.

Also need to consider tough that when it is less crowded or weekdays when less crowded the parks can close really early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter