• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2021 Car Rental Thread

zeferjen

Mother Knows Best
It's been a LONG time since I've posted a thread! But we are going (hopefully) in March and I just booked an expensive car with Costco travel. Hoping rates go down from here. I also checked undercover tourist for the 50% off and it was actually more than Costco. Anyone else looking? Any good deals yet?

I don't have a Costco membership. However, a couple days ago, I researched each rental company individually and compared to third party agents like Expedia and UCT. UCT won (as usual). Budget had the lowest price (about half what I had reserved with Alamo direct). However, FastBreak is not available if you book third party. So I am trying AVIS through UCT in the hopes I can skip the counter.

Don't forget to make sure you are logged into UCT when you search rental cars. If you've previously bought tickets through them, the reduced rates can be amazing.

I just went back to UC tourist and you were right! I wasn't logged in. So i have an intermediate car at $230 right now for a week. Thanks :-)

My dates are in February (I don’t see a February board) but today autoslash.com was $120 less than my previous reservation. The least expensive was with Hertz and. Midsize SUV.

It's been a LONG time since I've posted a thread! But we are going (hopefully) in March and I just booked an expensive car with Costco travel. Hoping rates go down from here. I also checked undercover tourist for the 50% off and it was actually more than Costco. Anyone else looking? Any good deals yet?

Thanks you starting the thread. I started the March 2020 thread and well....
Anyway we are now trying for March 2021! I’m getting $320 a week for a rental right now which is the rate I got last year about this time. A day or two before we canceled our trip I had a rate below $200. We usually get a standard or full-size car.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I am also watching for the end March and also booked through Costco but it is so high.

Make a Costco travel reservation, and check back every day. When the price is lower; book again and cancel the older reservation. Prices vary day to day. Checking just once is not the best way to get the lowest price.

I'm skipping Costco this time and booking directly with Enterprise so that I can skip the counter. We were there the week before Christmas and the line was awful. Definitely worth the extra $12 bucks for our rental to be able to skip a similar line during spring break.

I'm skipping Costco this time and booking directly with Enterprise so that I can skip the counter. We were there the week before Christmas and the line was awful. Definitely worth the extra $12 bucks for our rental to be able to skip a similar line during spring break.
Why are those mutually exclusive? I book with Costco; but I'm an Alamo insider. I go to their website, enter their confirmation number from my Costco reservation, and check in online. They ask if I want to go straight out to the car, I say yes, enter my license and cc info, and boom I'm done.

This time I got a minivan for 379.05 for 11 days. MCO airport. I've done better; last year I got it for 352.75.

I could have gotten a lesser vehicle way cheaper... but I kinda fell in love with minivans.

Why are those mutually exclusive? I book with Costco; but I'm an Alamo insider. I go to their website, enter their confirmation number from my Costco reservation, and check in online. They ask if I want to go straight out to the car, I say yes, enter my license and cc info, and boom I'm done.

This time I got a minivan for 379.05 for 11 days. MCO airport. I've done better; last year I got it for 352.75.

I could have gotten a lesser vehicle way cheaper... but I kinda fell in love with minivans.
Enterprise only offers it to those who book directly via their website, and I'm an Enterprise regular. I'd try Alamo or Avis, but both told me that I would have to book in person the first time to access that perk for a later rental, so never mind.

Enterprise only offers it to those who book directly via their website, and I'm an Enterprise regular. I'd try Alamo or Avis, but both told me that I would have to book in person the first time to access that perk for a later rental, so never mind.
I hadn't heard that. I wonder why? I'd be curious to "just try" putting your info in a new Alamo insider account, with your license and CC number, and see what it says. I bet it lets you skip the counter. Maybe I'm wrong.

Never heard of this. My first time booking with Alamo was at MCO and I skipped the line by following the steps online, no problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter