***March 2020***

I've been stalking MDE to find better Fast Pass times, thinking that a number of people would be cancelling their trips for two weeks from now. However, I haven't been able to find anything for the popular rides! I wonder if I just have bad timing...
I'll probably be canceling mine for next weekend....I can't decide what to do 😭😭

I have been a ball of nerves! We are supposed to leave next Thursday and will be there the 19-27. I am comfortable traveling and being at Disney. However, what concerns me is getting there only to find out they are going to close the parks the next day or two.

I've been stalking MDE to find better Fast Pass times, thinking that a number of people would be cancelling their trips for two weeks from now. However, I haven't been able to find anything for the popular rides! I wonder if I just have bad timing...
I got an email from my TA this morning and she said none of her travelers are canceling. I've been watching for better FP times, too, and haven't found anything.

UGH...we are supposed to fly out in the morning and I am in panic mode. I'm not concerned about getting sick. I'm concerned about flying across the country and them closing the parks on us.

Refresh often, I’ve seen tons for our trip starting in 9 days last night and today, but rarely when I first open. I’ve added FOP for 4, Navi for 2 (within the same time range), SDMT for 6, and moved lots of others to earlier times. I haven’t looked at HS any because we already had my absolute preferred times and rides (TSM, MMRR, and TOT) all back to back within the first 4 hours.

UGH...we are supposed to fly out in the morning and I am in panic mode. I'm not concerned about getting sick. I'm concerned about flying across the country and them closing the parks on us.
I was getting worried there was a chance of closures, until I just saw Disneyland was exempted from California’s ban on large gatherings...made me feel better and think it’s less likely we will see a closure in the US.

I was getting worried there was a chance of closures, until I just saw Disneyland was exempted from California’s ban on large gatherings...made me feel better and think it’s less likely we will see a closure in the US.

I'm hoping, crossing my fingers, praying...etc...that any closure will be phased or announced with enough time for people to change their plans vs closing the park while people are on their way or already there. Aka...we will be closing on X date. Wishful thinking I'm sure, but I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Get on a plane and risk sitting in Orlando with nothing to do or scrap our plans. :: sigh ::

For us, even if they closed the parks, I think we'd enjoy being in WDW regardless. There's a lot that you don't get to see if you're hitting the parks every day of your trip. When we were down there for a full month in 2009, we saw so much more of the resorts, the trails, went mini-golfing a bunch. There's lots to do still!

Welp... we decided tonight to postpone our trip to October, and ten minutes later the closure announcement came out... so I guess we made the right choice. Tried to call several times and couldn‘t even get through... all circuits busy or calls just straight up failed. Sigh. At least I was able to change my Southwest flights online, and we even saved some money! Hope everyone can reschedule!

Rescheduled to the first week in May following DD’s graduation if there’s a graduation
Her college in Florida is closing for 3 weeks but with the current state of things everything is uncertain

I have no idea what we're going to do…we already have plans for July. I was thinking about December, but with DVC, availability is already super limited. I understand why this is necessary, but I'm really sad, as I'm sure all of you are too. I'll be working on cancelling all of our ADRs in a little bit, and then at 9 will be calling DVC to see what happens with our points. I just cancelled our Owner's Locker and my flight home on Jet Blue. I'm still waiting for Southwest to call me back to cancel my flight down. Unplanning a trip is not nearly as fun as planning :sad1:

Good luck to you all. It's been fun planning with you :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter