March 2016 spring break

buzz1fan

DIS Veteran
we are thinking about going March 19-27. Easter is March 28. Do you think there will be discounts for this week?

I'm having trouble finding the link that list past discounts for March/ Easter.

Thanks for the link. I'm really hoping for 3/1/16 for 7 nights. We were there 3/11/15 for 6 nights and loved it. POFQ would top my resort list.

We went this past March (11-19) and it was fantastic. We usually go in the summer but this was for my DD's 16th birthday. Anyway, the trip was so fabulous that we want to repeat in again in March 2016. For sure I will need a room discount or we will have to stay offsite.

We will be ther March 12-19 and also crossing fingers for a discount :goodvibes This will be our second time going during Spring Break and as a family who has usually gone in June, that March weather is wonderful.

We, too, are looking for some discounts late Mar. early April 2016. I'm hoping for free dining offer.

We went last spring break (same as PP; DD's 16th birthday was 3/17! We should have celebrated together one time that week!).

Next spring break is OVER Easter - grrr. Last one, we got the 30% off plus the extra discount through Orbitz. Still, for the two of us (DS and DH stayed home), $300 a night for the BWI was ridiculous to me. We had noisy neighbors, and it just wasn't worth it at all to me (other than I love that area).

I booked the Swan on points for now. Not willing to pay the prices at all. If a discount comes out, I'm not sure where we'd book otherwise. DH will come along I think (DS will be in college - sad face).

I'd say, find somewhere you want to stay at a price that suits you for now. If a discount comes out, then recheck. At least that is what I'm doing.

Airfare - UGH. Probably using Amex points transferred to Jetblue. Never used them but the fares now are insane. I'm waiting though - they fluctuate.

We went last spring break (same as PP; DD's 16th birthday was 3/17! We should have celebrated together one time that week!).

Next spring break is OVER Easter - grrr. Last one, we got the 30% off plus the extra discount through Orbitz. Still, for the two of us (DS and DH stayed home), $300 a night for the BWI was ridiculous to me. We had noisy neighbors, and it just wasn't worth it at all to me (other than I love that area).

I booked the Swan on points for now. Not willing to pay the prices at all. If a discount comes out, I'm not sure where we'd book otherwise. DH will come along I think (DS will be in college - sad face).

I'd say, find somewhere you want to stay at a price that suits you for now. If a discount comes out, then recheck. At least that is what I'm doing.

Airfare - UGH. Probably using Amex points transferred to Jetblue. Never used them but the fares now are insane. I'm waiting though - they fluctuate.
My DD's birthday is 3/12. I've got a flight booked to MCO right now for 3/9 but no return flight yet. DD says to me 'does that mean we are never going home?' I wish.

I booked through Orbitz last time and managed to apply a 20% off coupon on top of the WDW discount. We stayed at POP and probably will again. I can't justify the added cost of anything more when it's only the 2 of us. I'm Canadian so I also have to add on 35% for the exchange rate. That is really affecting the budget this time around.

Last edited:
I'd look into Pop again myself, if DH didn't want to come along! We're going to stay there in 2 weeks, just me and DD (first time trying Pop).

I'm not even considering another deluxe Disney resort. The prices are through the roof, and not worth it to me.

Stinks about your exchange rate! Have fun planning though, and let's hope some good discount comes out!

I'd look into Pop again myself, if DH didn't want to come along! We're going to stay there in 2 weeks, just me and DD (first time trying Pop).

Stinks about your exchange rate! Have fun planning though, and let's hope some good discount comes out!

POP is fun but then again we like all the value resorts. We prefer the All Stars just because they are smaller than POP but POP has some good points too. We went with POP last March because of the teams/bands staying at the All Stars at the same time we were there.

This will be the first trip in a long time that we have had to consider the exchange rate. For a long while it was at par or very close. When I booked for last March I paid for flights back in August and the exchange was around 10% then paid for the resort in October and I think it was around 20%. I also exchanged all the cash I would need at about that same time. The prediction is that it will not improve at all and might even fall a little more.:sad2:

we are thinking about going March 19-27. Easter is March 28. Do you think there will be discounts for this week?

I'm having trouble finding the link that list past discounts for March/ Easter.

We went the exact week leading up to Easter last year (well....Easter 2015). Disney did actually offer a deal -- presumably because spring breaks are so scattered now from February through April and it's no longer "just Easter week." I can't remember details off the top of my head, but we booked a normal room-only deal (approx. 30/35% off deluxe), then switched it to this same deal through Orbitz plus the additional 15% off Orbitz promo. It ended up being a significant savings for us.

We went the exact week leading up to Easter last year (well....Easter 2015). Disney did actually offer a deal -- presumably because spring breaks are so scattered now from February through April and it's no longer "just Easter week." I can't remember details off the top of my head, but we booked a normal room-only deal (approx. 30/35% off deluxe), then switched it to this same deal through Orbitz plus the additional 15% off Orbitz promo. It ended up being a significant savings for us.

Good to know! We are going to Cocoa Beach and spring training for a few days and then decided to tack on a few days at WDW. Of course, spring break falls over Easter this year. So, we will be at WDW March 25 - 30. SOOOOO $$$$. But, we are not getting park tickets, so that helps the budget. If there is a R/O deal, I would be THRILLED!

Does that mean your room rate was approx 45% off of rack rate? Deluxe, right?

Good to know! We are going to Cocoa Beach and spring training for a few days and then decided to tack on a few days at WDW. Of course, spring break falls over Easter this year. So, we will be at WDW March 25 - 30. SOOOOO $$$$. But, we are not getting park tickets, so that helps the budget. If there is a R/O deal, I would be THRILLED!

Does that mean your room rate was approx 45% off of rack rate? Deluxe, right?

Yes it was deluxe. I'll see if I can find what our exact savings were, but I do remember it being the normal Disney discount of either 30 or 35%, then the additional discount on Orbitz, but Orbitz tacks on some other fees so the savings is never an actual 15% but it was still substantial when you consider the deluxe prices.

Yes it was deluxe. I'll see if I can find what our exact savings were, but I do remember it being the normal Disney discount of either 30 or 35%, then the additional discount on Orbitz, but Orbitz tacks on some other fees so the savings is never an actual 15% but it was still substantial when you consider the deluxe prices.

Awesome, thanks! We are currently booked at POR, but if I can get a deluxe for "just a bit more", I am all over AKL ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter