• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***March 2016 Check In***

We booked DVC studio at GCH March 13-18. This is our first trip to Disneyland after many trips to WDW. Super excited! And my girls cannot wait to meet Kylo Ren, although I was looking forward to meeting a talking Darth Vadar. He has not spoken at Star Wars weekends at Hollywood Studios and I was looking forward to surprising the girls with that. Oh well, we love Chewy and Kylo Ren will be awesome.

We were at HS for May the 4th be with you and did breakfast with Darth. Glad we did that. Super excited to meet KyloRen as well! And we've never met Chewy!! Can't wait!

Is anyone else having a hard time planning what to wear? I would be thrilled if these high temps continue into March, but with the supposed El Nino I feel that we never know what we're going to get! My most comfy shoes are my Teva sandals, so as long as it's around 70 or higher I'll plan around wearing those :) However, my pasty white legs might not be ready for shorts yet :scared:

I seriously can't believe that it's forecasted to be 92 on Sunday and 94 on Monday! That said, the last few years when I've gone in mid-March it has also been in the 90s. I guess we need to prepare for anything! Happy packing :)

I'm having trouble deciding also. Luckily we are driving so I can bring a lot of clothes.

I'm having trouble deciding also. Luckily we are driving so I can bring a lot of clothes.

Me too! So hard to decide. I'm just bringing both. We'll need warmer clothes since we'll be in Monterey and Big Sur first. But I'm hoping for some nice warm weather so we can take advantage of our post Disney hotel on Huntington Beach. If it's warm enough we might even do water park at Legoland.

Me too! So hard to decide. I'm just bringing both. We'll need warmer clothes since we'll be in Monterey and Big Sur first. But I'm hoping for some nice warm weather so we can take advantage of our post Disney hotel on Huntington Beach. If it's warm enough we might even do water park at Legoland.
Oh, the waterpark is so fun! LOVE the lazy river, we just kept floating around and around and did several laps. It sounds like you have a big trip planned!

Oh, the waterpark is so fun! LOVE the lazy river, we just kept floating around and around and did several laps. It sounds like you have a big trip planned!

Good to know! We do. Starting in San Jose and working our way down to San Diego. But Disney will for sure outshine the rest. :) Super excited.

We were at HS for May the 4th be with you and did breakfast with Darth. Glad we did that. Super excited to meet KyloRen as well! And we've never met Chewy!! Can't wait!

We did the breakfast with Darth and Boba Fet during Star Wars Weekend. It was pricey but not having to wait in really long lines to meet those two was well worth the price. Plus we had storm troopers, Greedo and some Jawas that we took pics with too. And the food was fantastic. My husband basically did the "Chewy Run" which lots of people head back to where Chewy is (right next to the Sci Fi Drive in restaurant where you had breakfast) as soon as they drop the rope. We were like 6th in line. Otherwise the wait is usually over an hour if you don't get there first. Those pics with Chewy were some of our favorites!

We will be at DL March 5th-10th! We are staying at Desert Inn and Suites and have reservations for the PTN @ Blue Bayou. We almost thought we would have to cancel our trip as our son broke his leg on Superbowl Sunday. They put him in a full leg cast but said we are still good to go on our trip!! So if you see a wheelchair with a little guy in a green cast, that us!

We did the breakfast with Darth and Boba Fet during Star Wars Weekend. It was pricey but not having to wait in really long lines to meet those two was well worth the price. Plus we had storm troopers, Greedo and some Jawas that we took pics with too. And the food was fantastic. My husband basically did the "Chewy Run" which lots of people head back to where Chewy is (right next to the Sci Fi Drive in restaurant where you had breakfast) as soon as they drop the rope. We were like 6th in line. Otherwise the wait is usually over an hour if you don't get there first. Those pics with Chewy were some of our favorites!

We did that same breakfast. The jawas kept on trying to trade for my cell phone. Super cute! And of course everyone applauded at the end of the Star Wars preview. So fun! Definitely a time to remember.

We had to reschedule our trip a few weeks ago due to snow, we will now be at DL March 1-5. Hoping the crowd calendars are accurate and we'll have relatively low crowds on the 2nd and 3rd.
Plans are to do the parks 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.

Those waiting on DLH pool news...The D ticket pool opened last week, significantly ahead of schedule. The E ticket pool is on track for a late March opening according to a cast member at the DLH. We are going the 13th-18th and added a second reservation to the DLH through Ebates (3% cash back) and Orbitz (20% Disney and 15% Orbitz discounts) to hedge our bets. We have the PPH and DLH and will cancel one as the date approaches and we have more pool news. Having the slides and D pool open make staying at the DLH more appealing especially if CA is as hot as it is now! Disney is not making this easy. The decision to stay at our favorite hotel (DLH) with partial pool service or try a new hotel (PPH) for us is hurting my head...

Mike

Those waiting on DLH pool news...The D ticket pool opened last week, significantly ahead of schedule. The E ticket pool is on track for a late March opening according to a cast member at the DLH. We are going the 13th-18th and added a second reservation to the DLH through Ebates (3% cash back) and Orbitz (20% Disney and 15% Orbitz discounts) to hedge our bets. We have the PPH and DLH and will cancel one as the date approaches and we have more pool news. Having the slides and D pool open make staying at the DLH more appealing especially if CA is as hot as it is now! Disney is not making this easy. The decision to stay at our favorite hotel (DLH) with partial pool service or try a new hotel (PPH) for us is hurting my head...

Mike

What are the 20% Disney and 15% Orbitz discounts?

This is my first time to DL and DCA. I am bringing my 9 year old. This is our first trip, just the 2 of us. We land on a Sunday morning at 9:30. I'm going to rent the car, and we are going to go to the Chinese Theater, and then the beach. We will spend Mon-Wed at the parks. How close is DL and DCA? We went to WDW in 2013, and didn't get the hoppers, I didn't want to spend the time going from one park to the other! LOL Are they close? Or do we have to take into account travel time in between the parks?

How close is DL and DCA? We went to WDW in 2013, and didn't get the hoppers, I didn't want to spend the time going from one park to the other! LOL Are they close? Or do we have to take into account travel time in between the parks?

They are next to each other across an esplanade. I'm new to DL used to WDW but the experts compare it to Epcot...from Innovations area of Epcot to World Showcase. Very similar. Here's a map of the esplanade.

Pic
10403217_733014056796240_3875178474704211905_n.png

What are the 20% Disney and 15% Orbitz discounts?
Yes 20% Disney and 15% Orbitz with 3% ebates. I think ebates is back to 2%. The PPH is 10% off. We booked the deluxe room at the DLH as it was only $8 night more.
Disney is offering the spring savings and orbitz is offering 15% off of that rate. Mouse savers.com has an explanation of the discount "stacking". How I did it:
1. Sign up with ebates.com ( yes it's real, we got. $50 check yesterday)
2. Search for orbitz and click through to you get to the orbitz page
3. Search Anaheim, Disneyland and enter the code Funfunfun in the offer code box
It will take you to the results and you can choose whichever DLR hotel you want or the good neighbor properties.
You pay up front and get a confirmation. You can cancel most reservations up to 48-72 hrs out.

I hope this helps.

We feel hoopers are a must when we don't have an AP due to the proximity of the parks. It's just a few hundred yards between the parks and you don't have to be re-screened by security! Downtown is actually downtown too and an easy walk. It's a great place to take a break from the parks, especially if you are shuttle distance to your hotel and don't want to go all the way back. The map above is perfect, thanks for posting!
Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter