• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2015 Car Rental Rate Watch

Need a minivan for 3/19-3/31 - was shocked to see National showing out of ALL cars - priced out every main place and am seeing horrible numbers of over $1000
Any ideas for me?

Thanks tons!!!
Just book the best deal you can find for right now....make sure it can be cancelled without penalty. Then wait and watch for a better deal. It's just too early right now.

Sold out! Unless you say your location is the UK or another country, then you can get any car at a very good price.

I'm waiting, see what happens as we get closer to March.

Thanks for some good ideas and some HOPE. I did the first check last night and the best I could get was about $200/wk for compact with a corp discount from work. Too much! I am looking at Mar 9-20.

We have the same dates. I am at mid size at $240.00 through Costco a few months ago.

We have the same dates. I am at mid size at $240.00 through Costco a few months ago.

Pretty similar here. I'm at $187/wk all in for a compact mid-late March at Dollar, similar at Costco. I'm seeing $400+ now. I still think there will be a drop once we hit March, but I'm glad I have something lined up now.

Hi, I will need a car in Feb. and March. Two different reservations,so I follow both threads. Posted today on the Feb thread was a Coupon code AD7394SDJ and Contract ID 299851 for ALAMO INSIDERS. (anyone can sign up ) I got a mid-size SUV from March 2nd to March 13th for $333.15. :) Joan

Hi, I will need a car in Feb. and March. Two different reservations,so I follow both threads. Posted today on the Feb thread was a Coupon code AD7394SDJ and Contract ID 299851 for ALAMO INSIDERS. (anyone can sign up ) I got a mid-size SUV from March 2nd to March 13th for $333.15. :) Joan

That Alamo Coupon/Contract is giving pretty good rates. Thanks for sharing!

If you google that contract ID it's the vroomvroomvroom code. It's been discussed quite a bit here over the years and general opinion is that it is only for international drivers. I haven't used it myself, just a warning.

That Alamo Coupon/Contract is giving pretty good rates. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Joan. :flower3:

I had a Costco rate at Alamo, but this is slightly better for me.

Corolla March 9-20 $331 (and some cents).

"International"...I am Canadian. International enough, I hope!

I'm really hoping to find some sort of discount code. Right now I have a minivan reserved for 9 days, 15 hours, from MCO for $901.

Wow, glad I got my rate when I did. They seem to have skyrocketed. Hopefully drops are coming!

I booked a mini van with Alamo for the CDN March Break. I used the Vroom Vroom code and coupon recommended. The total cost is only $297. I've used codes in the past and have never had an issue. I called Alamo to ask about a second driver and was told the cost is $9.99 per day. I will keep looking at rates but dont' think I will beat this one :) ALSO did some research and other people haven't had issues.

I booked a mini van with Alamo for the CDN March Break. I used the Vroom Vroom code and coupon recommended. The total cost is only $297. I've used codes in the past and have never had an issue. I called Alamo to ask about a second driver and was told the cost is $9.99 per day. I will keep looking at rates but dont' think I will beat this one :) ALSO did some research and other people haven't had issues.

from what I understand we Canadians are okay to use the Vroom Vroom code anyway, because we have non-US licences.

Thank you! I haven't had a chance to call yet. :thumbsup2

I've had good luck getting rates through Costco Canada (if you're a member). Their rates have been the best lately plus it includes a free second driver.

Prices are so high right now. Looking for Full Size or better for Mar 28th thru April 4th and cheapest I can find is a Full Size thru Dollar for $397. Ive never paid that much.

I cant use vroomvroom code cause I have US license.

ANyone know of any codes to get me a better deal?

Thanks.

IF not, I will probably just keep watching daily to see if the rates go down and if they dont a week before I go I will just bite the bullet.

ugh

Prices are so high right now. Looking for Full Size or better for Mar 28th thru April 4th and cheapest I can find is a Full Size thru Dollar for $397. Ive never paid that much.
IF not, I will probably just keep watching daily to see if the rates go down and if they dont a week before I go I will just bite the bullet.
ugh

Yeah, it is pretty ugly right now. I would book something now that isn't binding and keep looking. You probably won't see much of a drop until mid-March.

Why can't you use vroom vroom vroom with a US license? I got my confirmation from Alamo, and it said nothing about not being able to use it from the US.

The Coupon code AD7394SDJ isnt valid for me for some reason. I signed up for Alamo Insiders and applied the vroomvroom coed and the price was over $400 for even an economy. I cant win. Better off thru dollar at this point.

:confused3

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3106509&page=2

Here is a thread from here from 2013 that discusses the code. A search produces several others. Pay close attention to the answer from "Carrentalsavers" which is another booking engine site. It was an Australian code.
Most of the searching I have done shows mixed results, with some people saying Alamo honoured the rate, but dropped the insurance. I also saw a reply from a Canadian who said they were denied being able to use the code, and another person saying the agent was really rude with them about the code and wouldn't let them use it.
Basically if you don't know where a code originates and if you are allowed to use it , then you probably aren't.
Some people have success with it, others don't. YMMV.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter