• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2014

pbennett81178

Earning My Ears
Hello all! I new to the DIS boards. My family, which consists of my DH, 6 yo DS, 3 yo DD, my mom & dad plan on going to WDW the first week of March 2014. We're from the New Orleans area, so this is during our Mardi Gras. We plan on staying on POP, which we've heard wonderful things about. Can't wait:)

Welcome aboard! My family went the first week in March 2012 for our very first Disney trip and we truly enjoyed it. We are going back next March 2-8, 2014. I am kind of concerned about crowds since Mardi Gras is the 4th, but it will not stop us from having a great time. We are staying at POR for a second time. HAVE FUN PLANNING :wizard:

JacknDawn4ever said:
Welcome aboard! My family went the first week in March 2012 for our very first Disney trip and we truly enjoyed it. We are going back next March 2-8, 2014. I am kind of concerned about crowds since Mardi Gras is the 4th, but it will not stop us from having a great time. We are staying at POR for a second time. HAVE FUN PLANNING :wizard:

Hey we'll be down there at the same time! I hope its not too crowded!

I would think not too heavy, probably somewhere in the middle. It's considered more of the moderate season, not as heavy as Christmas and not as light as Sept would be. Growing up in Metairie, my family always went to WDW during Mardi Gras. It made sense, b/c that's when we had off of school. This will be my first time with my children going at this time. I'm a teacher with school age children, so once again, it's just makes sense since we all have off;) Also, with fast past now a days, you don't have to worry about waiting in those longer lines.

WE ARE FINALLY BOOKED!! March 2-8, 2014, cannot wait to walk into POR and feel at home; then go to MK to see the castle (pure magic and awesomeness).:yay: :wizard:

WOO HOO!!! We are officially booked at the at the POP for March 1-9:) Now on to dining...

Does anyone have a favorite place that they just HAVE to eat at when they visit WDW?? We like Sci-Fi Dine In, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace.

I started (another - didn't see the one above) group, too on FB
https://www.facebook.com/groups/485391961534961/

we went March 29th, 2011 for my son's 5th birthday- it was spring break and insane crowded- so this year we went in may and loved it- but a schedule conflict makes may not work for us in 2014 so we are going march 30th (on his 7th birthday) which is supposed to be the end of spring break season - hoping it is! :)

Still was a blast even in the crowds.

WOO HOO!!! We are officially booked at the at the POP for March 1-9:) Now on to dining...

Does anyone have a favorite place that they just HAVE to eat at when they visit WDW?? We like Sci-Fi Dine In, Chef Mickey's, and Crystal Palace.

We are booked as well for March 2-8 at POR!!!! :cheer2: Our family enjoys Coral Reef because of the food, atmosphere, and fish tanks. Another must is Chef Mickey's which my youngest DS enjoys because he gets to see Mickey and Donald. Next year I JUST HAVE to eat at BOG, hoping to snag a reservation on 9/3 when I am able to do my ADRs. Next year we are going to try SCi-Fi, it looks like a great place. How is the food?

We are also booked for March 2-8 and from Louisiana! Super excited! We have a 2 1/2 year old (will almost be 3) and an 8 year old (almost 9) going. Staying at the Wilderness Lodge! Hoping the crowds aren't too bad, either way we will have a blast!:lmao:

We are also booked for March 2-8 and from Louisiana! Super excited! We have a 2 1/2 year old (will almost be 3) and an 8 year old (almost 9) going. Staying at the Wilderness Lodge! Hoping the crowds aren't too bad, either way we will have a blast!:lmao:

These next few months are going to fly by with the various holidays, trip planning, and making ADRs. Only 3 more days and I can make mine....SO excited, crossing my fingers for a BOG ressie.:lovestruc

We're 'planning' to go, but not in the way that word is usually used around here.... ;) More accurately, we INTEND to go Mardi Gras week (DS is off school), and probably extend the trip a few days to put his birthday in The World.
We went for MG week this year, and had a blast. Crowds weren't a problem until Friday, which was the start of the Pres. Day weekend. Reminded me of a Summer day, crowd-wise. I'm hoping that since MG falls between Pres Day and Spring Break this year, crowds won't be a problem. With the extra days, we'd like to get in a trip to the Cape this time... DS is showing some interested in rockets, and one of DW's uncles lives in Cocoa and worked for NASA through most of the Saturn V and Shuttle launches.
This past trip, we stayed at POR for the first time. Nice, but it sorta didn't feel like we were getting away... too much like home. We'll be going back to Caribbean Beach this trip.
And I won't bother bringing beads this year... at WDW, nobody knows, and nobody cares that it's Mardi Gras...:rolleyes:
Laissez le bon temps roullez, y'all! :banana:

DH, DD (4 at the time of the trip) and hopefully one more on the way will be there from the 15-22nd. We're staying at the same house at the Emerald Isle vacation houses that we stayed at last year. We're thinking of flying out (from BC) a couple of days early and staying on the Resort. We originally priced out the Poly, but the cheapest room was $666.56/night! :O

So we're looking at other options.

We've already booked Cinderella's Table for the 19th at lunch and am planning on reserving the BBB for DD at about 10am before our noon reservation. Think that will work?

We're also meeting my ILs from Ontario, so there will be 9 adults and 4.5 kids! So excited!

Just confirmed our March 2014 Spring Break 7-day Trip!! Rented points from a DVC member at a super discounted rate, and DS13 and I will be staying at SSR!! Yay!! It's a surprise for him as he thinks we are staying at POP :) I noticed there is a FB page and put in a request to join today. Hoping to join the thrill of the countdown with all of you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter