March 2014 car rental!

Looking for a little help for a non MCO rental. We are arriving 3/2 @ MCO and taking MME to CBR about 8PM. I want to rent early Monday and return at some point early Sat. 3/8 to the same place and take MME back to MCO.

I am thinking the Disney CCC but prices are over $200. Any help will be appreciated.

Looking for a little help for a non MCO rental. We are arriving 3/2 @ MCO and taking MME to CBR about 8PM. I want to rent early Monday and return at some point early Sat. 3/8 to the same place and take MME back to MCO.

I am thinking the Disney CCC but prices are over $200. Any help will be appreciated.

Have you tried the Dollar Car rental that is located in the Wyndham Hills hotel that is across the street from Downtown Disney.

Have you tried the Dollar Car rental that is located in the Wyndham Hills hotel that is across the street from Downtown Disney.

I just checked your dates of March 3 thru March 8. The location comes up under Lake Buena Vista.
Compact or Lock Low and Go is $153.12
Moderate is $161.04
Full is $168.96
these prices are before taxes.

If you hit the city specials they are lower:
Compact-$125.56
Moderate-$132.05
Full- $138.55

Seeing a little more downward movement. March 7 - 14 for a compact has gone from above $300 total is now below $300. Still looking for that amazing deal...

Seeing a little more downward movement. March 7 - 14 for a compact has gone from above $300 total is now below $300. Still looking for that amazing deal...

Yeah, you're just starting to get into that zone where you have to pay attention. Probably still a week or so away. Once you get down to just over two weeks out, then do it at least a couple times a day, if you get a chance.

Folks, just got a ridiculously low weekly rate from Dollar for 3/14-3/19. No codes, just used the City Special. Base: $59.13, total :$100.37. This is less than half of what it was yesterday for my dates. Other car classes at similar savings.

Congrats, rates are still very high for March 7-14. I an flying into Sanford and that adds a few dollars, but come on Dollar give a body some help. I can't find anything for under $230. Must be height of Spring Break, but park attendance numbers are 5 and 6's. :confused3

Folks, just got a ridiculously low weekly rate from Dollar for 3/14-3/19. No codes, just used the City Special. Base: $59.13, total :$100.37. This is less than half of what it was yesterday for my dates. Other car classes at similar savings.

Yep, plugged in our dates 3/26-4/5 and got a full size for less than $100 and premium for $155. Unfortunately, we are picking up at MCO and dropping off at TPA so city specials don't apply. :(
Hope some of you get this deal!!

Thanks, richmo! :)

Just got a mid-size SUV through Dollar 3-14 to 3-23 (MCO) for $234.25. The rate was originally $346.69.

Thanks, just got a midsize for March 21st-31st (eleven days) for $163.12 total with all fees and taxes and a standard for $166.18. Prices have been running around $480.00 for a midsize.

I know Alamo doesn't have Standards at MCO so if you book one, you automatically get upgraded to a full size. Does Dollar have Standard?

Thanks for the heads up! Just reserved a minivan out of MCO from 3/14 to 3/24 for a total of $313.20. Rates have been in the $600-700 range. :cool1:

I booked a full size this morning March 5th to March 15th $149.00 all in. Super stoked. But our friends are joing us us March 7 th to 15th. I cant get the deal for them. This is MCOpick up and drop off.

Got the low Thrifty rates this morning for 10/3 to 10/24 but couldn't get them for the 9th. They get in around 10pm on the 9th so I booked it for 12:30am on the 10th . A savings of over $200. for pickup an extra hour or so later. By the time the get luggage they'll only have an hours wait. :thumbsup2

thanks for the heads up. have been looking and saw mostly $300. checked to day and picked up a full size all in for $132 for 3/14 to 3/22

I'm glad so many of you have been able to take advantage of the Dollar/Thrifty rate reduction going on. To be honest, I haven't seen base rates for a week this low for about 3 years. I'm a little surprised that the rate drop for mid-March happened this early...about 4 weeks out. Usually its closer to 10 days-2 weeks or so, but I'm not complaining. My only wish left is for Alamo to join the party. Their rates were still up when I checked earlier, but if there's enough defection to Dollar, they may have to make a move. Be happy with your Dollar rates, but now isn't the time to stop. Keep looking!

Any deals for 3/29-4/4? Looking for cheapest possible way to get from Sanford airport to WDW. I checked thrifty and it was $252. A little more than I'd like to spend.

Just got two standard cars from Dollar for base rate of $63.99 a week per car (110 with taxes and airport fees) Economy was as low as 56.xx a week. (3/8-3/14) Almost $46 in fees and taxes :( per car. I hope the minivans drop some more in the next week or two so I cancel these 2 cars but even with 2 cars we are saving over $200 off the minivan rate, and almost $400 off the ford explorer I had rented back when I first booked my airfare.

Thrifty had the same rates as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter