• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2011-who has started packing?

Very last minute trip on March 14!!! Can't wait to start packing.. in fact will start deciding what to pack this weekend (and decorations for my resort window). Going down with my daughter to catch up and meet some of her college friends and Disney College Program friends. Only have 3 full days there as we get in near midnight the 14th and leave at the crack of dawn the 18th :( But those 3 days are going to be filled!:banana:

We're 23 days out (Mar 29-Apr 1). No packing yet, though I have a list typed up. DH is taking the car in for an oil change/tune up the week of the 21st, since we are driving down.

The weekend before (Friday 25th-Sunday 27th) we have a Cub Scout campout; DH, DS and I are going and DD is staying home with the doggie and cats. :scared1:

So, the week before, we are doing a serious deep house cleaning. DD has to keep up on the house during the weekend. On Monday, I will be doing :laundy: (from camping) and packing, while the rest of the family finishes up cleaning. DH will have to do a dialysis treatment that night, then I have to pack up the machine to take with us.

Loading the car around 7 am on the 29th, and getting out by 8. Get down, check in the dog, check the hotel to see if we can get in yet, then heading to Epcot for the day. :yay:

Packing is so hard. Looks like 70's and 80's during the day and mostly 50's at night. I'm thinking shorts will be ok at night with a sweatshirt. But maybe pack some pants just in case. I always end up bringing too much. Ugh.

17 days!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

10 days and I only have toiletries packed. Clothes seem to be a major issue for me. Warm in the day, cold and signature dining at night... but then going back to the parks after... plus the bridal showcase. I still have to get hair and nails done and my time is dwindling. I'm freaking out!! I work 2 jobs and only have Wednesday night, Sunday night and next Tuesday night to do any of this.

This trip is with my mom... then 6 weeks later, my fiance and I leave again for a week. I'll just keep my bag packed :rotfl2:

We leave on FRIDAY! 3 days! We are not going straight to Disney - a stop in Tampa to get 2 college aged sons, the to Universal for 1.5 days - mostly to do Harry Potter stuff...then on SUNDAY - here we come Disney World.

Nothing is packed. Suitcase is down and ready to be packed. Have started setting aside some clothes. Coming from Houston - I am already wearing Spring clothes, so will be packing things we are wearing. Plus - this time, only packing for me, DH and DS (16). Taking it simple....a few capris, t-shirts, lightweight hoodie, shoes and toiletries! Pretty simple stuff. My guys will have a pair of jeans, shirts and shorts.....it is so easy and laid back - not worrying about it too much!

Have fun fellow March goers!:woohoo:

We (I) decided we needed to go to Disney - in Two Weeks!!! It's a secret from the girls, so I started going through their summer clothes tonight while they are asleep..

Only problem... how do I know what will fit??? I need to find some excuse to have them try some stuff on so I can get an idea.

So excited....

I just booked yesterday for March 14th! 6 days out!! I have never done this before, IT has been a bad winter, and I am on spring break and could not wait till May to go!
I just got my magical express overnighted to me!!
Last night pulled out my "disney" clothes" lol and I just need to grab the suitcase!

See you real soon Mickey!!

Wow! I am impressed at some of your packing skills and organization. I leave on Sunday with my best friend and my two youngest sons. I haven't packed a thing! :scared1:

Bags are packed and proper Magical Express tags are in place. Will arrive at POFQ Sunday, 3/13, around 1PM. Five nights to see the sights.
2 Day Park Hopper, 1 Day at Discovery Cove and 1 Day at Sea World.

Just about everything is packed except the clothes. Will wait until the night before to do that part. We have 8 days until we leave and 10 until we are in the world. Will be going on a very long road trip, but we' re excited!! Did online check in today. I think it has finally sunk in that I will be in the world soon:cheer2:

Leaving Tues 3/15 for 6 nights. I am taking DD23 ( who is on Spring Break from Grad School) and we are going to visit DD20 who is in the CP. I am sooo excited to spend 6 days with my girls in the Happiest Place on Earth! We will be staying at CBR and I just called and added DDP ...haven't done Disney this big in years! (of course DD's discounts are a huge benefit!) DD managed to get most of her shifts covered so she can spend time "vacationing" with us! :yay: Today is my Bday and I told everyone who asked what I wanted to just give me cash to spend at Disney! I guess I better get packing!

12 days till i leave :banana: and i still havent packed a darn thing yet :) i'm just awesome like that lol

I am ready!!! Ran around like a mad-woman yesterday getting some clothes for DD...she is growing like a weed!! I still need a bathing suit but I think I'll buy another one while I'm there. (I only have one that fits right now. I had repeated wardrobe malfunctions with my other one at the community pool a few weeks ago - ha ha) DD has packed her stuff. I've packed what I can so now we wait. DH will do his own packing at the last minute - just to drive me crazy! :confused3

The next week and a bit are going to last FOREVER! I don't normally say this but I really hope work is insanely busy so the days fly by and I won't have time to daydream about my vacation.

Went today and bought extra medicines and toiletries as well as stuff for the flight. It's starting to feel close!!!! 12 more days to go. :thumbsup2

Leaving in 15 days and all packed. I started packing 6 weeks ago :lmao:. My DH thinks I'm crazy for packing so early, but it helps me to remember everything by putting a little in the suitcase at a time. We also buy all new clothes for our WDW vacations so shopping and packing is apart of the fun.

We leave in 11 days, but in 9 days we get Married!!!:dance3: I'm so busy planning for the wedding that I think packing will be done Monday morning before we leave.:eek: Thank goodness we leave in the afternoon.

Normally I'm packed the day before, so this is new. I also have no idea WHAT to pack as I've only every been to Disney in May. Any suggestions? I don't even know what the weather is supposed to be. DF will just wear shorts (typical Canadian who handles cold well), but I don't.

We leave in 11 days, but in 9 days we get Married!!!:dance3:

Normally I'm packed the day before, so this is new. I also have no idea WHAT to pack as I've only every been to Disney in May. Any suggestions? I don't even know what the weather is supposed to be. DF will just wear shorts (typical Canadian who handles cold well), but I don't.

We just got back.......:sad1:
It was 80 Degrees every day,,and sunny!
Sunburned even though we used SPF 50
So Expect Shorts and tee shirts daily!!!
have fun!
OH, and Congratulations!!!!!!!!party:

All packed and ready to go, except for mani/pedi appointment in a couple hours! Mom and niece have been packed for almost 2 weeks. Husband has not packed a thing :eek: ! We'll see if he makes it in time. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter