March 2009 Code Watch

I booked a Delta flight out of Louisville. I paid $298 per person round trip. Not exactly cheap, but not too bad.

On the news this morning, they were talking about Allegent Air. Apparently, they have a ton of complaints with the Better Business Bureau

Wow, I need that news, because I can get a flight for 4 for a total of $608.00 non stop. Maybe that is why they are so cheap?:confused3 Keep me up to date, please. I don't want to book something with them and it either fall through or poor service. Maybe I should just stick with Southwest or Delta...:thumbsup2

My question now is with this new by 4/3free deal do you think there still will be a Disney Visa deal? We are going early Feb instead of March like I originally planned but I thought this thread was good to keep.

I don't know if there will be a Disney Visa deal or not, but I know that they are still releasing other deals through email. I got a free dining email pin for dates in April-June...wish it was for March, but the 4/7 deal is still a good one...especially if you are getting the $200 gift card!

I booked a Delta flight out of Louisville. I paid $298 per person round trip. Not exactly cheap, but not too bad.

On the news this morning, they were talking about Allegent Air. Apparently, they have a ton of complaints with the Better Business Bureau

Alesia:
Just saw the news report on Allegiant Air on 14wfie. Ouch this is scary. I wonder if DME uses them as a pick up? I do know Southwest and Delta does.

Thanks again for the heads up...I will most likely not use them, though I love the rate of $608 for 4 rountrip non stop and the airport only 40 min from me....:goodvibes

Alesia:
Just saw the news report on Allegiant Air on 14wfie. Ouch this is scary. I wonder if DME uses them as a pick up? I do know Southwest and Delta does.

Thanks again for the heads up...I will most likely not use them, though I love the rate of $608 for 4 rountrip non stop and the airport only 40 min from me....:goodvibes

You can use DME regardless of your airline, but since Allegiant isn't a participating airline (niether is Southwest) you can't use resort airline check-in.

You can use DME regardless of your airline, but since Allegiant isn't a participating airline (niether is Southwest) you can't use resort airline check-in.

WAIT.....Southwest doesn't participate with DME??? Oh no...what to do??? :confused3

WAIT.....Southwest doesn't participate with DME??? Oh no...what to do??? :confused3

You can still use DME, and they will still deliver your bags to your room if you use the yellow tags. The only difference between a participating airline and a non participating airline is that when you leave, you won't be able to check-in for your flight at the airport and *I think* you will have to take your bags with you.

You can still use DME, and they will still deliver your bags to your room if you use the yellow tags. The only difference between a participating airline and a non participating airline is that when you leave, you won't be able to check-in for your flight at the airport and *I think* you will have to take your bags with you.

Hi -

You can check your bags with your resort Bell captain and pick them up before you get back on the bus. A little inconvenient, but not too bad. Just allow an extra half hour or so before your flight to retrieve your bags. When you get to MCO, you will need to retrieve your bags from under the bus and do check-in with the airline as normal. Since DME requires you leave the resort 3 hours before your flight, you have plenty of time.

Don't worry - it's not that bad!

just booked POP for March 14-21! I forgot to tell them we need a king bed though :( I'll have to call back later.

I just realized last night we'll be in Disney for St. Patrick's Day - do they do anything for the holiday?

All we need to do now is keep stalking Air Tran for cheap flights!

IM SO EXCITED! Can't wait to go back, we were just there in June for our Honeymoon. We stayed up late last night picking out our restaurants so I need to make reservations SOON.

just booked POP for March 14-21! I forgot to tell them we need a king bed though :( I'll have to call back later.

I just realized last night we'll be in Disney for St. Patrick's Day - do they do anything for the holiday?

All we need to do now is keep stalking Air Tran for cheap flights!

IM SO EXCITED! Can't wait to go back, we were just there in June for our Honeymoon. We stayed up late last night picking out our restaurants so I need to make reservations SOON.

Did you get a gpod deal?:dance3:

Hi -

You can check your bags with your resort Bell captain and pick them up before you get back on the bus. A little inconvenient, but not too bad. Just allow an extra half hour or so before your flight to retrieve your bags. When you get to MCO, you will need to retrieve your bags from under the bus and do check-in with the airline as normal. Since DME requires you leave the resort 3 hours before your flight, you have plenty of time.

Don't worry - it's not that bad!

NO DME for ALLEGIANT AIR - Allegiant Air does not fly into MCO, so you can't use DME. You would have to rent a car (or shuttle?) - the airport (Orlando - Sanford) is about 30 minutes from WDW.

:surfweb: So the question is does the super low fare offset the convenience of DME.

These posts got me thinking I should check rates again. I found that Allegiant Air has added nonstop flights from Grand Rapids, MI to Orlando for $89 one-way. I would have to change my trip by one day, and get my own transportation to-from the airport, but thats $100+ cheaper than southwest (x 8 people), and it's in my back yard, so no 3 hour drives to Chicago and 8 days in long term parking.:confused3

:headache: Planning for a Disney trip...it hurts so good. ;)

Has anyone ever been there the week before the Flower and Garden show at EPCOT opens? We are there until the 12 and I think that the show opens on the 14, so I'm hoping that we get to see some of the beautiful flowers...

do we just ask for this deal or is there a code or something? I'm thinking of spending a few days down there for our honeymoon in march.

thanks

do we just ask for this deal or is there a code or something? I'm thinking of spending a few days down there for our honeymoon in march.

thanks

No new code, my guess is that there will not be a new code until the new year. The 4/3 deal doesn't end until Dec 20.

Has anyone ever been there the week before the Flower and Garden show at EPCOT opens? We are there until the 12 and I think that the show opens on the 14, so I'm hoping that we get to see some of the beautiful flowers...

us too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter