March 20, 2014 Dream 3 night Bahamas cruise

I know what you mean about planning in a short amount of time - I still have so much to do and we are leaving Wednesday to drive down and stay at Saratoga Springs for the night and then drive over to PC the next morning. I decided that I'm not going to stress if I forget something - I have on previous cruises and it all worked out fine. It's 3 nights! :) I plan to relax and enjoy not being online for a few days.

Hope everyone has safe travels! Hope the weather stays nice for us!

Great idea! How many times (days or parks) has the Roaming Mickey been to?

Matt

I thought it would be something different and cool to try. This will be Mickeys third time to WDW but his VERY FIRST time on a Disney cruise. He is very excited about it and looking forward to meeting new people from different "worlds". So watch for him and if you are lucky enough to spot him be sure to sign your name and where you're from.
We're leaving in just a few hours so we can be there first thing in the morning to check in our hotel. I've had a sucky week, we went to the tanning bed on Tuesday and i got burned, i mean BURNED! I had to go to the ER yesterday because my legs and feet were swollen, like ready to bust swollen. I got meds and feel better today so hoping i'm good for in the morning, We're going to to Animal Kingdom after we check in. I just hope it doesn't rain, they are calling for some rain this week but maybe we'll get lucky. Last year on the day we were going to Epcot, we slept in and then went for lunch at Planet Hollywood. Just as we was getting off the bus at Epcot the BOTTOM FELL OUT. I mean it was STORMING and not a bus anywhere. All of us at our resort had to stand there in the rain for almost an hour before a bus finally came. Pissed doesn't even come close to how i felt. I could have punched Mickey if i had seen him. lol. So we're hoping this year will be different and have perfect weather like we had the first year.
Y'all be careful and we'll see you Thursday on the DISNEY DREAM, damn that sounds good. Take care. :smickey: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Christopher, hope you are enjoying Animal Kingdom today and that your sunburn isn't giving you too much grief!

See you Thursday!

Paula

Christopher, hope you are enjoying Animal z today and that your sunburn isn't giving you too much grief!

See you Thursday!

Paula

Hey Paula, thank you. We weren't able to go to Animal Kingdom yesterday because of severe weather, heavy rain and strong winds all day and night. Were able to go to the Magic Kingdom today and had a great time.
My sunburn has gotten out of hand. Blisters and a big one on my leg busted this morning. Using lidocaine, antibiotics and lasix for swelling. It'll be alright eventually. See y'all on Thursday afternoon.

DAY ONE:
We just got home from a wonderful Disney vacation. The only real hiccup was the rain on the first day. We had planned on going to Animal Kingdom but because of the rain it was scrubbed. Instead we hung out at the hotel and then went and had dinner at the Prime Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios. We had been there on our very first trip to Disney and liked it and the same was true for this visit. If you've never been there it's a must try. The waitresses act like your Momma, telling you to eat everything on your plate, sit up, elbows off the table, stuff like that. Austin wanted to do the Sci-fi cafe and we wanted to eat at the Contemporary Resort, but all were booked up. Our original reservation we had to cancel and so we were lucky to get in at the Prime Time.
DAY TWO:
We got up and headed out for a wonderful day at the Magic Kingdom, and the weather was WONDERFUL, thank God. Rode just about everything, stopping for a quick lunch with the squirrels and birds at the Golden Oak Outpost and then dinner at Tony's, OMG you have got to try tony's for the best Italian food and more. Finished the evening at the hotel and turned in early, well kinda early.
DAY THREE:
Epcot for our final day at WDW was great, hot but great. Missed half of the countries because we had dinner at Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney and did not make it back before Epcot closed. Oh well, always next time. Oh we had lunch at the Electric Umbrella. Went back to the hotel to do laundry and hang out before turning in early, big morning the next day.
DISNEY CRUISE:
I'll tell you about that in my next post, probably sometime tomorrow (Monday), we're exhausted after being on the road ALL DAY, like 10 hours. So until tomorrow i'll say goodnight.

pirate: Official members of the Disney Cruise Line Castaway Club.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the FE gifts! It was fun. :) I hope everyone had a great time on the ship - I know we did. We booked onboard for next Spring Break - going on the Magic 7 night that goes to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. That is our favorite itinerary and we are looking forward to going back on the Magic after the dry dock improvements!

Hope everyone arrived home safely - took us over 12 hours YUCK! So today the kids are trudging through school after not enough sleep and I'm working on unpacking and heading to the grocery store. We have nothing in the house to eat! ha ha. :)

Thanks again everyone!

I also want to thank everyone for the FE gifts, a lot of fun but also a lot of work. My wife told me not to do it next time, so we'll see how that goes. She did help me greatly and I thank her very much. I do have to say though, we were lucky in the sense that we didn't have a big group like some of the other FE groups I've seen, some had over a hundred people. But it was cool doing it though.
I'm sorry about not getting to meet you guys, there were so many people and i didn't have a clue who i was looking for. Brooke and Austin were getting sea sick, especially Austin, I had to take him back to our stateroom during dinner. I did try to look for a "group" but didn't see one big enough to be our group. I hope you all like the gifts i gave, my wife and i put a lot of time and effort into it. So I have to ask, did you all actually find each other and meet up or was i not the only no show?
In my last post I said there was no hiccups, but later I remembered there was a BIG hiccup. I have to take a lot of medication for my seizure disorder along with other things. Some how i left one of the most important meds at home and didn't realize it until we were over halfway there. When we checked into our room at the All Stars resort, Brooke called a pharmacy near WDW and see if they could have my prescription transfered. Luckily they were able to do so, but because my insurance had already paid like two days earlier, they would not pay. So we got a weeks worth to last me until i got home. Brooke left for the pharmacy and i fell asleep, over an hour later she returned to the hotel in tears. She had gotten lost and could not find the pharmacy nor the way back to our hotel. By this time i was really feeling sick, if i don't take the Rx on time i go through something almost like withdrawals and it's not even a narcotic. We went to dinner and i was able to eat a salad and then fell asleep when we made it back to the room. The next morning Brooke set off again for the pharmacy and again she returned almost an hour later. She found the pharmacy but got on the wrong road and it was a toll road and had NO cash on her. So she got a "ticket" saying she had like two weeks to send a money order for 75 cents or else. Can you get that, the money order is almost as much as the fine. Another thing for those of you who drove, have you ever in your life seen so many damn toll booths? In like ten miles we went through three toll booths, crazy it what it is.
Oh, there is one more thing i can't believe i almost forgot. After we stopped at the third or fourth toll I drove off and *****ing about the toll i almost hit the Disney cruise bus. He blew his horn and i swerved back into my lane, there was only like one or two inches between me and the bus. I don't know about him but it scarred the crap out of me. It's funny looking back on it though, that i almost hit the bus carrying people to the same cruise i was going on. I could have screwed a lot of vacations up including mine. Were any of you on that bus? I would love to hear about it if you were.

Arriving at the cruise terminal we were amazed at how big the Dream actually was, the pictures and videos doesn't do it justice after seeing it in person. We pulled up to the terminal and a guy unloaded our luggage for us, that was cool. We finally found our parking spot in the garage after unloading our luggage.
We did all of our checking in online so all we had to do was show our paper work and take a picture. After that we boarded the beautiful and amazing Disney Dream, and it was like a dream.
After boarding we made our way to our stateroom, after walking the wrong way. When we opened the door we were so happy, it was beautiful. There was a lot of space and our veranda was HUGE, we got lucky and got an over sized veranda. Even though we only used it a few times, it was still nice having it.
Did the life boat drill in the Walt Disney theater and then went to the sail away party. After not finding any of you we just decided to find a spot and enjoy the show. The food was wonderful the entire cruise, that's one thing about Disney, they will not let you go hungry. My wife is in a contest at her work for who can loose the most weight, when she weighed today she had lost a pound. I don't know how after all the food we ate, but it's still cool that she did. Our server was wonderful and just as advertised she remembered our name and everything we liked and wanted. The people sitting with us at our table were cool as well. He was a cardiologist and she was a professor for pharmacists at some college. When Brooke and Austin got sick during dinner, they said they had all kind of meds in their room, i bet they did, we had our on so we didn't ask.
It did take some getting use to the rocking of the ship, as a matter of fact Brooke and I still feel like we're swaying back and forth. The first and last night seemed to be the worst. Though it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be it was still pretty bad.
In the Bahamas we only got off the ship after lunch and walked around looking for souvenirs and stuff. That's the last time we do that, next time we will do a port adventure or stay on the ship. Our next cruise we will be doing either the six or seven day Caribbean cruise. That itinerary you have like two days with nothing but being at sea, that's what i like. There is so much stuff to do and three days just didn't cut it at all, we didn't do half the stuff on there because there just wasn't enough time. We go to bed early and by that i mean like eleven or twelve, so some of the stuff late at night we didn't do. On the last night we did pay a visit to skyline and popped in on pink.
I hated when Sunday morning arrived, it meant the cruise was over and we had to get up early for breakfast and then disembark from our "Dream". It was a wonderful experience overall and cannot wait until the next one.

Thank you everyone for the FE presents! They boys had such fun going through them every night!

We had such a great cruise! Went to Atlantis for the day in Nassau, and snorkeled the cay in Castaway Cay.

Can't wait to do it again- we're actually looking at the Norway cruise in 2 years too, woot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter