March 20, 2014 Dream 3 night Bahamas cruise

So the Lifeboat Drill is at 4PM and the Sailing Away Party is at 4:30. I was thinking we can try to meet up right after the lifeboat drill, watch the show and hang out a little after the show and talk (we have early dining - 5:45PM). That way we would know if there are families that may want to do things together during the rest of the cruise.
Let me know if this sounds like a good idea, and I wasn't sure where we would meet at. Somewhere up on the top deck probably?

Matt

We have never seen a Sail Away Party either, as this is our first Disney cruise too.
It looks like the stage is on Deck 11, and there is a balcony on both sides that would be Deck 12. I was thinking of watching from the balcony, as it would also have a good view of land to see the ship sailing away.
Let me know if anyone has a good place to be for the Sail Away, and if that would be a good place for us to meet.

Matt

We want to do the FE too please! Room 8510.
There's me and DH, then DS 10, DS 7 and DS 4.

This is our 3rd Disney cruise (first one for the 4 year old!) First time on the DREAM though! Super excited!

Thanks!

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you with my information. We will be in Stateroom # 5544.

Can you please post any new information about our group. How many are there in total, are we going to meet before the cruise? And any other information that might be helpful. This is our first cruise so this (fish extender) is new to us and not quite sure what we need and what we need to do.
pirate: :disrocks:

Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you with my information. We will be in Stateroom # 5544.

Can you please post any new information about our group. How many are there in total, are we going to meet before the cruise? And any other information that might be helpful. This is our first cruise so this (fish extender) is new to us and not quite sure what we need and what we need to do.
pirate: :disrocks:

Hi,
I updated the link in the second post of the thread that explains the fish extenders. I don't think the other link was working. We got ideas for the extender and gifts by doing a search in Yahoo to look at photos and see what other people do.
The list of participants is updated in the second post too. The deadline to join is supposed to be tomorrow, but if someone wants to join after that it will probably be up to the individuals in the group on whether or not to give gifts to them.
As far as meeting up... we are going to WDW for 6 days AFTER the cruise, but I know that some of the others in the group will be there before the cruise. If you want to post or private message them you can see if they want to meet up at the parks.
On the ship... I think we are going to try and meet up on the first day, after the lifeboat drill, before the sail away party. I was thinking about the balcony that overlooks the stage up on the top deck, so our little ones can see the show and turn around and watch as we sail out.

Sorry, a little long winded,
Matt

Hi Matt, Thanks for the reply. It sounds good to me, my family and I are going to WDW for a few days before the cruise. We are so excited about this trip, it will be our third year in a row going to WDW, but our first cruise. The closer we get the more excited we get. Thanks for all you've done putting this together, just keep all of us informed. It would be real helpful as well if about a week or so before the cruise if you would post final arrangements with meeting and all other information. Once again thanks and look forward to meeting you and your family.
pirate: party: :mickeyjum

If possible I would like the names of everyone in each family. This will help us with FE gifts, etc. I am Christopher, my wife is Brooke, and our son is Austin. Thank you so much for your help.

If possible I would like the names of everyone in each family. This will help us with FE gifts, etc. I am Christopher, my wife is Brooke, and our son is Austin. Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Christopher,
The names of everyone are listed in the second post of the thread, (except for one family, madisonwi). Maybe they will respond and list their family members.
Just ask if you have any more questions.

Matt

Oh so sorry, I didn't even notice that.
Question, are you giving gifts everyday or just a one time thing? This will help us so we don't look bad, it is our first cruise so not sure what to do. :confused3

Oh so sorry, I didn't even notice that.
Question, are you giving gifts everyday or just a one time thing? This will help us so we don't look bad, it is our first cruise so not sure what to do. :confused3

Christopher,
I think it is up to you. Some people may choose to do one nicer gift, some may choose to do smaller things everyday. You also have to factor in how many people are in the group and the length of the cruise.
I think we are going to give a little gift everyday, since there are not that many people in the group, and it is only a 3 night cruise, we thought that the kids (and adults) would like getting more little gifts.

Talk to you soon,
Matt

Hey Matt, i'm sorry but i'm a little confused. I want to get it right so as not to leave anyone out. In the second post where you have the names, there are several not listed that was in the first, @TiggerStac, @alexandmaddie, and @kaysmommie, . Are those people not participating now or do we just not have anymore information about them? Just wanted to know so i don't leave those people out if they are still going to participate. Much thanks. :thanks:
Sorry to be a bother...

We just booked this morning - spur of the moment trip for our 10 year anniversary and the kids spring break. Anyway we could be in on the FE? I know the deadline was a few days ago - just wanted to check with everyone.

Thanks,

Alecia

Hey Matt, i'm sorry but i'm a little confused. I want to get it right so as not to leave anyone out. In the second post where you have the names, there are several not listed that was in the first, @TiggerStac, @alexandmaddie, and @kaysmommie, . Are those people not participating now or do we just not have anymore information about them? Just wanted to know so i don't leave those people out if they are still going to participate. Much thanks. :thanks:
Sorry to be a bother...

Hi Christopher,
The people that are participating in the fish extender are in the second post.
The list in the first post are people that are going to be on the cruise, but not all are participating in the fish extender. Some of them have expressed interest in having a meet up, so we are having everyone get together before the Sail Away as noted in previous posts. We do have another family that wants in the FE group though, I will do another post about that.

Thanks,
Matt

We just booked this morning - spur of the moment trip for our 10 year anniversary and the kids spring break. Anyway we could be in on the FE? I know the deadline was a few days ago - just wanted to check with everyone.

Thanks,

Alecia

Alecia,
I would love to have more people for the FE group... What I'm thinking is I will add you to the group, however there are some people that make some of the gifts for the FE, so they may have already done that or something.
So if you can list the rest of your info for your family (ages, names and stateroom #) I will add you to the group!

Happy to have you on the Dream!!!,
Matt

Great! We are in cabin 8052. It will be me, Alecia, Husband Steve, daughter Ella (7) and son Ethan (5). This will be our 3rd Disney cruise and we haven't been on one in 3 years so it has been awhile. First time on the Dream though and it will be my sons first time to be able to go to the kids clubs. He has only been in the nursery in the past. We are super excited!

Alecia

Last minute surprise booking and I'm so excited!!! This will be mine and DS's first cruise ever. I know the deadline has passed, but we would love to participate and to meet others in the group.

Our party has two cabins: 6501 - Paula (me), John (Dad), Aidan (DS - 8) and 6062 - Jane (Grandma), Joanne (Aunt)

Can't wait!

Paula

Last minute surprise booking and I'm so excited!!! This will be mine and DS's first cruise ever. I know the deadline has passed, but we would love to participate and to meet others in the group.

Our party has two cabins: 6501 - Paula (me), John (Dad), Aidan (DS - 8) and 6062 - Jane (Grandma), Joanne (Aunt)

Can't wait!

Paula

Paula,
I added you to the FE group! Glad you are going to be along for the cruise.
I will tell you what I told the last late entry, which is that I am glad to include you in the group, but there may be others that already bought or made gifts. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone on the cruise!

Matt

COUNTDOWN UNTIL OUR
DISNEY DREAM CRUISE
THURSDAY MARCH 20. 2014

Number of weeks ****** 3+weeks
Number of days ******* 23 days

Number of hours ********* 552 hours
Number of minutes ******* 33,120 minutes
Number of seconds ******* 1,987,200 seconds

:hourglass :sail: :woohoo: :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter