March 17, 2012 Disney Magic Western Carribean

Good luck. We drove straight through to South Carolina one summer (both ways). We've also done Gatlinburg to Orlando in one day as well.

I too am so ready for this cruise. Our last Spring Break cruise was right after my grandmother passed away. I came back from NY (where the funeral was) late Thursday night and we left on Friday. I had no idea what I packed because I just threw things in the suitcases. I think I slept the first 2 days of that cruise. Last year we went skiing for Spring Break and I am so *not* a cold weather person.

I'm planning to bring out the suitcases on Wednesday. Just got the last of DSs clothes today. I also realized I have yet to try on my bathing suit. I may be making an emergency trip to the store! DHs scheduled changed (again) this week but at least he's done Thursday morning. He's an ER doctor who works nights and this is his first week back from carpal tunnel surgery on 2/29.

i'd imagine you could find some nice suits in key west! last year we went to palm springs and i found such neat suit shops there at great prices. but i'd have a standby along in case. ;o)

we can't wait either. i have been packing for TOO long. kinda sick of my master bedroom suitcase floor look. i'm a planner but sometimes planners can bury themselves in planning. =) there's a happy medium... i shoulda waited at least a couple week before starting the process. oh well, 4 more days and we're off. we are flying into orlando on friday night and driving to port canaveral in the a.m.

see you all soon!

i'd imagine you could find some nice suits in key west! last year we went to palm springs and i found such neat suit shops there at great prices. but i'd have a standby along in case. ;o)

we can't wait either. i have been packing for TOO long. kinda sick of my master bedroom suitcase floor look. i'm a planner but sometimes planners can bury themselves in planning. =) there's a happy medium... i shoulda waited at least a couple week before starting the process. oh well, 4 more days and we're off. we are flying into orlando on friday night and driving to port canaveral in the a.m.

see you all soon!
Didn't think about buying a bathing suit in Key West. Probably pretty pricey there being a tourist destination and all. I've only been to Key West twice. Once when I was a freshman in high school on a wonderful end of 9th grade school trip (we had all been together for 3 years with the same teachers and students). DH and I also went 12 years ago this past January on the first trip we ever took together while dating.

I'm a planner too with list upon list of things to get done. I've started way too many craft projects for this cruise. My pile of stuff just keeps growing but suitcases can't come out until Wednesday afternoon.

I think I'm going to have one whole suitcase for fish extenders!!! My house looks like a war zone!
And I just tried on bathing suits myself. A trip to Target was a quick fix for me!

I think I'm going to have one whole suitcase for fish extenders!!! My house looks like a war zone!

OMGosh, I am glad I am not the only one! My bedroom is a disaster!!! We are leaving Thursday so I have to get it packed soon!!! I'm so afraid I am going to forget something. All this stress will make me appreciate laying on the beach doing nothing at all. Not to mention, no cooking, cleaning or doing laundry for 7 whole days!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!! :goodvibes

Didn't think about buying a bathing suit in Key West. Probably pretty pricey there being a tourist destination and all. I've only been to Key West twice. Once when I was a freshman in high school on a wonderful end of 9th grade school trip (we had all been together for 3 years with the same teachers and students). DH and I also went 12 years ago this past January on the first trip we ever took together while dating.

I'm a planner too with list upon list of things to get done. I've started way too many craft projects for this cruise. My pile of stuff just keeps growing but suitcases can't come out until Wednesday afternoon.

Abby, what kinds of crafts are you making for the cruise? I made a bon voyage banner for our room, but I see below I can't make attachments to posts. Not sure why... does a person have to be a moderator or something to have that ability? Or do I need X number of posts to have that option? Otherwise I'd love to post a pic of it.

NO COOKING!!! :-) I have three girls who eat different things EVERY NIGHT so I end up cooking/making four different dinners! I can't wait to not have to worry about that for 7 whole days!
Hope to not do laundry, but I am packing some Tide just in case...

Abby, what kinds of crafts are you making for the cruise? I made a bon voyage banner for our room, but I see below I can't make attachments to posts. Not sure why... does a person have to be a moderator or something to have that ability? Or do I need X number of posts to have that option? Otherwise I'd love to post a pic of it.
I made door decorations from things I found on the Creative DISigns board (printed, laminated and put magnets on them). I also made autograph pillowcases for the kids (again from the designs on the Creative DISigns board). I still need to finish the autograph book I'm making for DD (just the cover and binding left). I also decorated a few t-shirts. I left the tie dying to a professional this year. I still may do another shirt or 2 for DD with iron on transfers. Depends on time.

For posting a picture I think you have upload it to another site, like Photobucket. They have a line of code you can imbed in your post so the picture shows.

NO COOKING!!! :-) I have three girls who eat different things EVERY NIGHT so I end up cooking/making four different dinners! I can't wait to not have to worry about that for 7 whole days!
Hope to not do laundry, but I am packing some Tide just in case...

You're a short order cook, too?! It's what I always dreamed I'd be someday when I grew up... NOT! Ugh. I've gotten to the point now that when I cook a meal I pull out noodles or something from it I can make my boys at least try, I don't force the meat issue on them. They'll come around someday I figure. Then I add a side dish or grain option I know they'll eat. It's not always perfectly balanced but that's just the way it is. Thrown in their fruit of choice and that's all she wrote... or cooked. =) My daughter is the total opposite... thank goodness I got at least one "normal" one. Hee hee. :goodvibes

I made door decorations from things I found on the Creative DISigns board (printed, laminated and put magnets on them). I also made autograph pillowcases for the kids (again from the designs on the Creative DISigns board). I still need to finish the autograph book I'm making for DD (just the cover and binding left). I also decorated a few t-shirts. I left the tie dying to a professional this year. I still may do another shirt or 2 for DD with iron on transfers. Depends on time.

For posting a picture I think you have upload it to another site, like Photobucket. They have a line of code you can imbed in your post so the picture shows.

I will have to check out the DISigns board for our cruise next year. This year I bought embellishments from Michael's and just put magnets on the backs of them. Some I did laminate. My wonderful travel agent made our FE for us, so I didn't have to think of how to accomplish that one. I DEFINITELY leave tie dye to professionals. ;) And I ordered the embroidered pillowcases from etsy, I thought that was so cool that DCL offers that. I am also having them autograph one 12x12 scrapbook page for us as well. Then we'll skip autographs live and in person. We'll just do the photos and I plan to buy the cd.

Hey speaking of... does anyone know - what if multiples of rooms are related/friends and they want their photos to all be together on one cd, but they're in different staterooms... is that possible?

Hey speaking of... does anyone know - what if multiples of rooms are related/friends and they want their photos to all be together on one cd, but they're in different staterooms... is that possible?
I know I've read something about it here but I've read so many threads lately I have no I idea what or where I saw it. I should probably look into it as well since we have 2 cabins.

As soon as DH gets home from work this morning he is officially on vacation! I finished the autograph books last night. DD is home resting today because she's complaining of a stuffed nose (probably allergies but I don't want to chance it). I'm about to go get the suitcases out of the garage! :cool1:

Jen, I can read your PM, but can't respond due to post count. We are very much looking forward to the Secret River. Should be a great excursion.

All, We will miss the meetup, but do look for us, especially in the kids club! Nora is 6 and our son Will is 4. He's hearing impaired so if you see a little guy with bright blue hearing aids, you've found us!

Safe travels!
Sandi

Hi Sandi! Can't wait to meet you and everyone TOMORROW!!!!!
Is Will going to the Kids Club during the Secret River excursion? Our daughter Cora (almost 4) will be there for the day... I'm hoping she will have made friends by then with other kids her age we've heard from in this thread so that she doesn't mind.

Sandi- What floor are you guys on? We'll watch for you- we are the family of five with twin blond girls and a small brunette.

phew - that was a whirlwind for me... how about you? what a FULL cruise. so much to do and still a 7 nighter not enough time to experience it all. we had so much fun. we were so fortunate with amazing weather!!! any have really awesome pics they might like to post? ever since vacation i can't seem to remember anything but i vaguely remember trying to figure out how to post pics before we left.... not sure how to yet.

my kids really enjoyed the FE and so did I. hubby did too but he's more of a laid back kinda guy. so I was able to raid his gifts when I wanted to. =) hope the ladies enjoyed the notebooks, i enjoyed making them! i used mine to write notes to myself while on cruise... do this differently next time, pack one of these next time, no need to bring so many of x, y, and z next time, this port was cool b/c, and so on. i made them for my kids too and one of my kids i used a wide black ribbon with white dots that had adhesive already on the back. it started to come through the front and made it feel sticky. if that happened to any of you, you could simply fix it by just sticking down another ribbon on stop of it, or peel it off and stick a strip of cardstock down.

are you all unpacked? we got home at midnight late saturday. my w/d didn't stop it seemed til monday night. all unpacked and stuff put away. EXCEPT the kids bags of FE gifts, and my big folder full of paperwork and brochures and navigators. i am going away this weekend for a scrapbooking retreat. i bought the CD from shutters with all our photos so i plan to digitally scrap our trip this weekend and hopefully get it ordered asap, one copy for each of my kids and me.

it was fun meeting some of you! we went to the meet but only stuck there for about 5 mins and realized there was just too much to do before muster drill. i talked with a couple/few others families who said they did the exact same thing.

well, til next time. someday i'll get around to redoing my counter. we're going on the fantasy next year, one week later than this year... =)

It was a whirlwind for us too but back to reality now. We did a lot of things but I still feel I missed out on things I wanted to do. Glad our next cruise has 3 sea days. I ran/walked the Castway Cay 5k and my shins have finally stopped hurting. I'm not a runner but I can't wait to do it again next year. Hoping June isn't too hot. We also booked the Fantasy while on board but we booked for June instead of March. It came down to the March cruise going to San Juan and the June cruise going to St. Maarten and DH really wanted to go back to St. Maarten. I think DH drank some of the "Disney koolaid" while on board. After we got home he had me check Spring Break cruises on the Norwegian Epic (we have platinum past cruiser benefits with NCL). When he saw the NCL cruise was going to the same ports except Nassau instead of Castaway Cay, he said we'll stick with DCL. I'd rather go to Castaway Cay than Nassau!

I cannot believe it is already over after anticipating it for so long. We had such a great time! My family and I always have a hard time leaving. Booking another cruise always helps so we decided to book another cruise while onboard. Our next will be in June 2013 since we wanted to try the eastern itinerary.

We were glad we got to meet some of you at the Promenade Lounge. Thank you everyone for the awesome FE gifts! This was our first time doing the exchange and we really enjoyed it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter