March 17, 2012 Disney Magic Western Carribean

Hi. Yes James is an adult male. Andrew is our DS. In case disneyjennifer does not reply for a couple of days, Jenny is her SIL and is an adult. We are getting so excited and are counting down the days.

FINAL FE LIST

Hawkfan2002/Kate, Delaney DD9
tidefan/Brad, Jennifer DW, Delaney DD8
mommyofthreeboys/Christina, Jared DH, Emily 19
mommyofthreeboys/Bradley DS18, Brett DS13, Nolan DS10
Starseeker1221/Vicky and Alissa
BCGTURTLE/Brandi, Lucy DD7
BCGTURTLE’s friend/Evette, Mark DH, Anya DD7 (NEED ROOM NUMBER)
Jenthron/Jen, Phil DH, Madeleine DD6, Emma DD6, Cora DD3
Hkatmom/Lynda, James DH , Hayley DD10, Andrew DS5
D-Dreamer/Anne, John DH, Jacob DS12, Morgan DD12
disneyjennifer/Jennifer, Mark DH, Jenny SIL, Lily DD10, Jonathan DS3
Wondermom1965/Patricia. Frank DH, Anna DD10
Jdleff/Julie, John DH, Morgan DD11, Lauren DD8
DetailGal/Kara, Jeremy DH, Ethan DS9, Owen DS7, Maella DD3
MrsMcIB/Tammy, Sean DH
MrsMcIB (cousins room) kids only—Price DS12, Jax DS6

Let me know if I need to make any corrections. As soon as I get the 2 room numbers, I will forward an easier to read excel/PDF list to everyone who has given me an email address. :goodvibes

Based on our previous Disney cruises.... We will be leaving a gift for every person on the FE list several times during the cruise.

my boys love to pin trade too. i planned to bring maybe 10 along for each of them and just do the organized pin trading events. i would think for a 7 night cruise there'd be more than one event set up? if not, i guess we figured we'd just do what was offered plus look around for CM's wearing pins in gift shops.

after our first trip to disney (i'm a cruise newbie but i'd consider myself a WDW veteran by now) i started binders for my kids. i bought the felted black refill pages (from disney, they're just like the pin cards from the store but 8.5x11). for each trip i give them (let them earn from chores, etc) about 15-20 before the trip. then they trade with those pins. the special ones i buy them get locks on the backs. and then when we return home all those pins get kept and saved in the binder and the next trip they start out with new ones. i think of it as their pin scrapbook. one year my son looked for all pirate themed. another year all stitch themed. =)

Great, we will have a bunch to trade, that way everyone has lots to choose from. It gets heavy around our necks, so we bought her the pin trading bags. The binders are a great idea. We only bring her trades so we don't get confused or lose them. Locking backs are great but can get pricey for a lot of pins. I love his theme idea. :-) My DD looked for "baby" characters one cruise. Are you a fellow scrapper? Sometimes they will have a generic scrapbooking event. Can't wait to meet you all. :-):yay:

We like to trade pins, too, and will definitely be bringing some with us on the cruise in the hopes of trading! What are everyone's favorite pins? I love Stitch and Nemo, and my partner collects Figments and Lion King pins!

Great, we have several Figments, we will make sure we bring them! :-) My DD is going to check for the others tonight :-) She likes the "baby" characters, cruise themed, and Minnie or Mickey. Can't wait to trade with you. :-)

Based on our previous Disney cruises.... We will be leaving a gift for every person on the FE list several times during the cruise.

Tidefan... can I ask you more about this? I was thinking about this as I was assembling gifts. Some of my items are lower value and so some age groups will have more than one item. Others might be getting just one item like maybe mom or dad (or adult). I'm kind of just figuring about $5 per stateroom. Is that somewhat how you decide what you'll do? I was thinking actually that my kids would probably enjoy delivering gifts on more than one occasion. So I wasn't sure if I should split up gifts kind of like you're talking about or if I should just do say kids early and adults later, so we get the experience of delivering them more than once. Would love to hear your thoughts as this is our first FE. Also, do most people put who it's from on the gift? Do they stick to dis id name, family name, stateroom?

As for a group meet on the first day...We would love to get together for that!

Tidefan... can I ask you more about this? I was thinking about this as I was assembling gifts. Some of my items are lower value and so some age groups will have more than one item. Others might be getting just one item like maybe mom or dad (or adult). I'm kind of just figuring about $5 per stateroom. Is that somewhat how you decide what you'll do? I was thinking actually that my kids would probably enjoy delivering gifts on more than one occasion. So I wasn't sure if I should split up gifts kind of like you're talking about or if I should just do say kids early and adults later, so we get the experience of delivering them more than once. Would love to hear your thoughts as this is our first FE. Also, do most people put who it's from on the gift? Do they stick to dis id name, family name, stateroom?

As for a group meet on the first day...We would love to get together for that!

I had the same questions for my first FE. Honestly, people do it different ways. Any way that you want to do it is fine. :thumbsup2 Our daughter just gets so excited about coming back to the room and having something in the FE. One cruise I had something for every person every day because we were a small group. On the last cruise it was only a 3-day and we had a large group on the Dream, so I walked back and forth forever delivering gifts. :eek: Glad this one is a seven day on the smaller boat. People do so many different things. Highlighters, homemade items, magnets, Disney logo, trading pins, cruise related, candy for the shows/movies. This time we are giving Pirate stuff pirate: in a lil' beach bag so everyone can have some fun Pirate items and play in the sand at the beach. :-) Yes, most people put their Disname on the gifts along with your room number. If people get upgraded to a different room, they write the new room number on their gift so people know to deliver to the new room. Have fun! :woohoo: See you soon. :yay:

While we're not participating in the FE (sounds like a lot of fun but too much for me to coordinate right now), we're up for a meet up.

While we're not participating in the FE (sounds like a lot of fun but too much for me to coordinate right now), we're up for a meet up.

Abby, what are the ages/genders of your kids? My boys are 7 and 9 and I have a daughter who's 3.5

Kara

Abby, what are the ages/genders of your kids? My boys are 7 and 9 and I have a daughter who's 3.5

Kara

My son is 8.5 and my daughter is 4. Sounds like our kids are just about the same ages. We also know another family (classmate of my daughter) who will be on this cruise. They have a 7 year old boy and 4 year old girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter