March 15 Docs are here!

tecdavidt

<font color=00cc00>Ready to leave the frosty Midwe
Just received our March 15th docs. 6 weeks to go! Any March 15th cruisers out there? Bev did you get yours?
Kathy

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc That means we should be getting ours any day!!!:teeth: We can't wait!!!! :earsgirl: :earsboy: See you there :wave:

We will be joining you on the March 15th cruise. ( me, my husband , daughter age 11 and son age 8)

I have spent the entire night here in Minnesota thinking about our trip as 6 to 8 inches of snow falls on the ground.

Did you book directly with Disney? I talked to our travel agent this week and she did not say anything about travel documents.
:earsboy:

We have not received our documents yet, however my dd actually cleaned out her desk this weekend to find the email addresses of some of her friends she meet last march in the Common Ground and was pleased to learn that at least 4 of them will be on board this March 15.

Yes, we booked through a travel agency, Cruise Holidays (aka in our area as Ron Robert's Cruises). Your docs should be coming. It is usually 6 weeks out in all of our past DCL cruises and we are 6 weeks out from leaving. With this nasty weather today I can't wait much longer! High of 50° last Sat. and it is in the upper 20's now with snow. No wonder every one has a cold. Kathy

I want to hear all about the western itinerary when you get back Kathy. Take good notes and have a MAGICal time. Bon Voyage.

We will let you know how it is Mr. Towncrier (John)! Really looking forword to March because hopefully it will also be warmer here. Today is just a nasty winter day in Iowa. Kathy

Is anyone besides me nervous about your family getting sick onthe cruise? I love to read the trip reports but am alarmed by the number of reports talking about people getting ill. We have waited too long for this trip to spend 72 hours stuck in a room.

Ruth

:(

Our docs just arrived today. Our video arrived yesterday, so this puts us in high gear for getting organized. My dd10 grew two sizes this since summer, so none of her clothes fit. Now I'm happy they start putting summer clothes in the stores so early. usually it just annoys me...:p

Those of you beside Kathy: Who did you book through. We booked three rooms through Dreams and have not gotten anything yet. This waiting is driving me crazy!!!!!

We are not worried about getting sick. We already took one cruise over New Year's on Celebrity. There were the health notices about wash your hands often and the ship had a lot of extra cleaning going on. We didn't even hear of people sick. Our daughter is ill right now with influenza (sp?) It is the same "flu" adults take shots for. High fever, chills, body aches and being tired all the time. Now she is losing her voice. Thankfully the cruise is 6 weeks out. Most likely she will miss at least 4 days of school.

Bev, maybe you could call Dreams and ask? From this board it sounds like they are a very customer friendly and service oriented company. Kathy

I guess I should also have worried closer to home. My 11 year old daughter woke up this morning with.. you guessed it.. the flu. The type with a fever and sore throat. The doctor said what you said about the ship just wash your hands alot and be careful.

We booked through all All Seasons Travel and Cruise in Jacksonville, Florida. We booked for the Western cruise when we were on the ship last year for the eastern cruise. We were supposed to be sailing right now but my daughter switched schools and they really frown on you pulling them out when it is not vacation. This was the only place I could find that could get us the same category of room for this cruise. They have been fine.. nothing special. They did give me a good web page for excursions that were not run by Disney. It is worth taking a look at www.shoretrips.com

On the last trip this daughter made a lot of friends who she kept in touch with. Unfortunately none of them will be on this trip. Do any of you have daughters in the 11 to 14 range?

Ruth :earsboy:

We are travelling with dd10 and friend's dd13. My dd is friendly and easy to get along with. Hope yours feels better. My kids have been the picture of health all year long. I almost wish they'd come down with something now, so that Murphy's law might seem less threatening....

Okay so now my daughter is as excited as I am that I found this Board. We would definately like to get together on the cruise. We have heard from anothert family in Minnesota who also has an 11 year old girl! :wave:

Do any of your kids get on the internet. My daugter would like to start a thread to talk to them. Let me know and I will set up a thread for them and post it.

Ruth

That sounds like fun for all. My dd is not the world's best typist, but she gets by. They are teaching them typing in school this year, so hopefully she will be improving. I will tell her to look for the thread. The consensus on this board seems to be that the kids have more fun in the program if they have a "friend" with them. My dd7 has a buddy travelling with us, so she's all set. It would be nice to know that the older one would have someone familiar too. Thanks for your time in initiating this...Beth:p

We'll be there, too! We'd love to find friends for our children -- son 8 and daughter 4. We went last year on the Eastern C. Magic and the kids LOVED it. Thought about going skiing this year, but kids begged for the Disney cruise again.

We don't have our documents yet, but I'm not worried. We booked through Costco and got a nice discount. Can't wait to experience the new itinerary!

Liza

We are going on the March 15 cruise too. It will be me, my husband, my son 5 and daughter 2 1/2. We are going with my sister, brother-in-law, and their 2 kids (neice 8 and nephew 5). My sister's family has been on many Disney cruises. This will be our first. We are waiting for our documents. Look forward to seeing you all there!!!!

Mumsy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter