• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 14-21 what's going on?

stanmills34

Mouseketeer
I have reservations already, but just checking out availability and nothing is available for the week. The next week value to deluxe is available..Is there an event that week?

Yes it is spring break and that is when we are going.
I know lots of people from Texas are going too.

Spring Break :scared1:

We're going the same week, we're prepared for mental crowds. Luckily we have a few days before the spring break starts in the World.

We're there that week too. I thought the crowds would be worse after that week, as it gets closer to Easter. The crowd predictor lists sixes for mar 14-21.

I have reservations already, but just checking out availability and nothing is available for the week. The next week value to deluxe is available..Is there an event that week?

Do not go by room availability. It has been stated that Disney is closing certain buildings at the resorts to save money. So, what you have is a smaller inventory of rooms available. It is a common money saver and is a better option than closing a whole resort down like they did after 9-11.

Okay, I'm totally hijacking this thread, but does anyone else think the OP's avatar resembles a hidden Mickey? I must have HMs on my mind....we'll be there 4 weeks from today!

Okay, I'm totally hijacking this thread, but does anyone else think the OP's avatar resembles a hidden Mickey? I must have HMs on my mind....we'll be there 4 weeks from today!

I agree, and as a CM told me the other week "anything that a guest thinks is a hidden Mickey...is one!"

I've noticed something similar for the weekend of April 25-27. We are doing a split stay between DVC and (currently) POR (saving some points). AP rates are out that cover the timeframe, and one night is a Sunday - but there are NO AP rates apparently available for the 26th for some reason (the CM did say specifically that they no longer give AP rates for weekends - meaning Friday/Saturday, but he also thought they hadn't released rates past 4/4, and the web site does at least mention "most dates" for WL and AKL instead of only "Sun-Thu" as with the value/mod listings).

When I called a month ago to book a SWW weekend stay and got a PIN code, the CM then tried to also apply the PIN code to our POR stay - but it came out as being blacked out from the PIN code.

This is April vacation week for a lot of schools in the northeast at least, but he didn't know why it was blacked out.

My DH and I will also be there March 14-21. We both work for our local school system, and we will be out for Spring Break.

We'll be there that week too. Not because it's Spring Break, even though it is for a lot of schools in Middle TN. We picked that week for mine and my son's birthdays. So I'm hoping that the crowds are manageable.

I just wanted to say have a great time, have fun and enjoy your upcoming trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a nice and safe trip coming. :)

We will be there March 22-29. I'm hoping crowds won't be too bad. It's spring break for us too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter