March 13th 2011 Fiesta time on the Wonder!

CopaDave.....too funy! Love the suitcases. Definitely will be easy to spot on the carousel. My DW came back last week with 3 new rollies for the DK's. And guess what, I spent time the past two weekends clearing dead branches and spraying weeds so I know how you are feelin! I roamed a bit on our last cruise when most folks were in bed. I found it kind of eerie to be roaming the ship when it was so quiet and empty.

I will probably be out roaming too. I am a night owl so I might see you on the deck. I will be the one with a cocktail in my hand and a smile on my face since I will be away from my job :)
I will be sad that my girl won't be on this cruise with me but I'm sure Disney will keep me smiling.

DW packed DD12, DD5 and herself yesterday afternoon. I am mentally packing thinking about what I need to take. Our flight to LA is at 6 pm on Friday. I expect I will pack on Friday. The only thing I have to make sure I have is the camera.

Not sure if Maeve is going to do the cheer. She is very nervous about it since she has no cheering experience.

As the little one says: "four days today, we go to LA".

Who are you flying with? We leave from YYZ at 7:55 with Air Canada.

We are also on AC leaving from YYZ, but not until 17:55. You will get to enjoy an extra day in LA (in effect) as you should land around 10ish. We do not arrive until 8pm local time. The kids (and possibly the parents) will be wiped. Based on Friday's forecast, there should be no weather delays leaving.

We are also on AC leaving from YYZ, but not until 17:55. You will get to enjoy an extra day in LA (in effect) as you should land around 10ish. We do not arrive until 8pm local time. The kids (and possibly the parents) will be wiped. Based on Friday's forecast, there should be no weather delays leaving.

Yay! No weather delays, I remember back in 2008 all the airports were snowed in and many friends lost out on their March Break vacations. I have been keeping my fingers crossed for everyone this year.

I am hoping that we will be up and at em on Saturday for our Disneyland day.
The kids are excited about AC they love the TVs in the headrests... trying to get them to sleep may be a challenge :)

It always feels good flying out west but the jet lag on the way back is going to be a killer! :eek:

When do you head home? Maybe we are on the same flight? We head back to YYZ on SUnday in the afternoon around 3 pm I think...

Monday is over! Tick Tock.

Long day at work! We got cruise "haircuts" this evening. Going to try to fit in blond hairlights Wed and still need Mani/Pedi later this week too.

Too wiped to pack tonight.

We got a good start packing on Sat. I'm still getting over my cold. I'm sure it will gone by Wed. I also strained my muscles over the weekend...got way to carried away at the gym...can hardly walk. That better be fine by Sat too.

Mickey Mouse just called, my daughter just can't believe it. Started to pull my shorts out and they are ready. Everything else has been staged in the spare bedroom for weeks, now I just need to get it into the suitcase. Of course my suitcases are not as cool as Dave's. Worked 34 hours in the last 3 days and no day off in site till Friday. Come on Friday:woohoo:

Yay! No weather delays, I remember back in 2008 all the airports were snowed in and many friends lost out on their March Break vacations. I have been keeping my fingers crossed for everyone this year.

I am hoping that we will be up and at em on Saturday for our Disneyland day.
The kids are excited about AC they love the TVs in the headrests... trying to get them to sleep may be a challenge :)

It always feels good flying out west but the jet lag on the way back is going to be a killer! :eek:

When do you head home? Maybe we are on the same flight? We head back to YYZ on SUnday in the afternoon around 3 pm I think...

In 2008 we left on the Thursday before March Break. We were lounging beside Stormalong Bay when that storm hit.

We are spending Saturday in Santa Monica, strolling the beach and the pier.

Our flight home leaves LAX at 12:45. I really don't want to think about that.

Dicecatt! Congrats to you all at the ATlanta competition! It is never a fun life lesson to realize the ball didn't bounce the way it's supposed to!! But, knowing they all did their best must make all of you excited! Can't wait to see them on the ship do their talent :)

I am nowhere ready for anything, I've really tried to think when I will have time to pack and ultimately I have 5 free hours (that's if I don't stay up late past midnight robbing sleep house) to get 5 of us packed, get the house ready for house-sitters, get all the animals feed stocked and loaded, and finish the FE gifts...just warning all of you, I may be needing to borrow some kilts, sweats, brushes, toothpaste...at this point, I can only guarantee I manage to get 80% of what is intended to be packed actually in a suitcase.

Sigh...but a happy sigh, even without matching clothes or an even number of shoes..we'll be on a cruise and no one will notice!!! Oh, and a cocktail sounds really good about now...although I probably don't know the name of any of them! :)

Tara

Yea!!! Monday is OVER....Bring on Tuesday!!!! I am going to bed so I can get onto Tuesday!! Four more nights of sleeping in my own bed for 11 nights....I sure will miss my bed.

I wonder if DCL has changed the bedding on the ships? The comforter/bedspread they had on their beds were so thin. I like to have blankets or a heavy comforter. Carnival Cruise Line sure has DCL beat when it comes to their bedding. I LOVE LOVE CCL's bedding. Has anyone ever asked for more blankets in their stateroom? I will be asking this time.

Good night everyone!! It is time to move onto Tuesday!!

Monday is over and now to the rest of a very slow week. Wednesday is ash Wednesday and the beginning of lent, for all you Catholics. I have decided to give up . . . . . . . . DISBOARDS :scared1:

So tomorrow will be my final sign on for 40 days.
What am I going to do with all my extra time? Read? Housework? Spend time with my family? Write the next "War and Peace"? :rotfl:

My camera broke!!!:scared1: Thank goodness it didn't happen while I was on vacation!!! But now we have to find time to go get another one....

Yep, busy week which is good. It will make the week pass faster!! Shrove Tuesday pancake dinner at church tonight. That is great because I am out of groceries. I am scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find things to put in the dd's lunches!! I refuse to buy any groceries right now. We have no bread, very little milk. We can make it!!!!

Have a happy Tuesday!! Come on Friday!!

Yep, busy week which is good. It will make the week pass faster!! Shrove Tuesday pancake dinner at church tonight. That is great because I am out of groceries. I am scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find things to put in the dd's lunches!! I refuse to buy any groceries right now. We have no bread, very little milk. We can make it!!!!

Have a happy Tuesday!! Come on Friday!!

I had to buy some milk yesterday. I really did not want to but my kids are big milk drinkers so hopefully we will go through it before Thursday. I also bought bread but to put into the freezer as our return flight gets in about midnight and I will not be able to go to the store before Monday to make lunches. My DD does not like school lunches. DS will be fine. I am trying to get through produce as that will not keep.

Finally started getting some clothes together last night and doing some ironing. My week is going too fast with all the activities and we leave Thursday at 3:00pm.

Meredith

Thursday at 3:scared1:??? I don't think I could be ready. Our flight home gets in Monday at 1:30 so I will have plenty of time to go to the store....just what I will want to do. Actually, I am thinking about going to the store on Friday to check the dates on the milk. If the dates are far enough out, I may be able to have some for when I get home!!

I hate to think about coming home, we haven't even left yet!!

I will not talk about my vacation to my co-workers today! I will not be excited in front of them..........:dance3:

Yes, Lent starts tomorrow. A cruise ship is probably not the best place to try to give up any vices (maybe gambling, but the NCAA tournament starts on St. Patrick's Day so that is a non-starter).

DD5 had pancakes for breakfast this morning, is having them for lunch and, of course, will be having them for dinner. If I give up pancakes for Lent, but have french toast on the ship have I kept my promise?

Thursday at 3:scared1:??? I don't think I could be ready. Our flight home gets in Monday at 1:30 so I will have plenty of time to go to the store....just what I will want to do. Actually, I am thinking about going to the store on Friday to check the dates on the milk. If the dates are far enough out, I may be able to have some for when I get home!!

I hate to think about coming home, we haven't even left yet!!

I will not talk about my vacation to my co-workers today! I will not be excited in front of them..........:dance3:

I know, not much time. I have lists all over the place so that I will hopefully not forget anything. I feel so unprepared this time.

I was trying to do the same thing with the milk and buy it before we left but we ran out. The date is the 21st but that is too close to expiring after sitting in the fridge for so long.

Yes, Lent starts tomorrow. A cruise ship is probably not the best place to try to give up any vices (maybe gambling, but the NCAA tournament starts on St. Patrick's Day so that is a non-starter).

DD5 had pancakes for breakfast this morning, is having them for lunch and, of course, will be having them for dinner. If I give up pancakes for Lent, but have french toast on the ship have I kept my promise?

I was thinking the same thing about what to give up and how hard it will be on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter