March 13th 2011 Fiesta time on the Wonder!

We got our cruise docs today too... Regular mail though. I was looking for a package to my door and poof there it was in the mail box! :) :cool1: Really not too much inside, except the needed luggage tags. It breaks down the times of the ports as well.
I have been reading some posts on the boards of how awful their experience was on the wonder. I dont know how to take it yet. I want to have a great time but not over run, on a run down ship. I really dont think I would agree with their posts, for I am a go with the flow kind of person. Clean sheets everyday! Well that really doesnt bother me that they are not changed everyday. I mean, am I the only one who doesnt change their sheets at home everyday? :confused3 I just really hope more seasoned veterans start writing trip reports, because I would love to get their perspective. looks like I will be running to Guest Services as soon as boarding begins to get tickets to the tea party. From what I read, these are seeming to fill up quick.
30 days and counting!

We're on Deck 1...all the way down at the end of the hall.

That's probably us.

Haha! No I don't think it's you. I can see your room number on the fish extenders. The room between us is 1039.

The reason I feel bad for the person in that room is because we have 5 kids between us who come and go.... And three of them are boys. Maybe it will work out.......well see.

Haha! No I don't think it's you. I can see your room number on the fish extenders. The room between us is 1039.

The reason I feel bad for the person in that room is because we have 5 kids between us who come and go.... And three of them are boys. Maybe it will work out.......well see.

You might want to knock on their door and ask them if they want to switch, I know people that have done that before when they are sandwiched between families:thumbsup2

We got our cruise docs today too... Regular mail though. I was looking for a package to my door and poof there it was in the mail box! :) :cool1: Really not too much inside, except the needed luggage tags. It breaks down the times of the ports as well.
I have been reading some posts on the boards of how awful their experience was on the wonder. I dont know how to take it yet. I want to have a great time but not over run, on a run down ship. I really dont think I would agree with their posts, for I am a go with the flow kind of person. Clean sheets everyday! Well that really doesnt bother me that they are not changed everyday. I mean, am I the only one who doesnt change their sheets at home everyday? :confused3 I just really hope more seasoned veterans start writing trip reports, because I would love to get their perspective. looks like I will be running to Guest Services as soon as boarding begins to get tickets to the tea party. From what I read, these are seeming to fill up quick.
30 days and counting!

Every time I read a negative report (even before this cruise) I have to consider the source. Some people have very high, unrealistic expectations. I don't change my sheets at home every day - why would I expect Disney to change mine on the ship? That's a huge waste of water and resources! We are typically go-with-the-flow people. The vacation is what you make it. If people want to find flaws, they're going to find flaws. If people want to have a good time, they're going to have a good time. That's how I see it. I, personally, am going to have a good time. The ship is going to have flaws, it's 10 years old. The service is going to have flaws, the staff are human. The ship is going to rock, it's on water. :hug:

Son3disfan.....yep, I would stand outside the persons door and see if they would switch with you. If you do it before they unpack it usually isn't a problem. I would def do it for you :)

Enjoy those rooms, that is where we were last cruise and I LOVED it!!

Son3disfan.....yep, I would stand outside the persons door and see if they would switch with you. If you do it before they unpack it usually isn't a problem. I would def do it for you :)

Enjoy those rooms, that is where we were last cruise and I LOVED it!!

I was hoping to switch at the port.

We have stateroom credit attached to our room, and gifts that I have ordered, so I don't think we could jusrt switch rooms.

Last year this happened and we were able to switch them at check in.
I might try for an upgrade at the port anyway. I dont really like the idea of deck one.....

But I am so glad to hear that others have liked it. I loved deck 2 on previous cruises, so maybe it wont be so bad...:goodvibes

I was hoping to switch at the port.

We have stateroom credit attached to our room, and gifts that I have ordered, so I don't think we could jusrt switch rooms.

Last year this happened and we were able to switch them at check in.
I might try for an upgrade at the port anyway. I dont really like the idea of deck one.....

But I am so glad to hear that others have liked it. I loved deck 2 on previous cruises, so maybe it wont be so bad...:goodvibes

If it works out that you just run into them at the room and ask them to switch, just go to guest services and they'll switch everything and recode the keys! No worries.

We've got four rooms on deck one. Unfortunately, there is three together, then some one else then our forth room. I feel bad for the person in between us!
This is our forth Disney cruise.

LOL well we have connecting staterooms with strangers! Booked a guarantee and that's where the cookie crumbled. But it's an upgrade from standard interior to deluxe oceanview so we're excited!

LOL well we have connecting staterooms with strangers! Booked a guarantee and that's where the cookie crumbled. But it's an upgrade from standard interior to deluxe oceanview so we're excited!

Ocean view! That's great. We were upgraded too, to a Cat. 10 so we are not complaining. I think it's great that Disney kept us together.

30 days! Wow, time is moving quickly now!

Where's my upgrade???? I guess I have to be happy Hopelea gave me their room.

I have a horrible cold, hope it's not strep. I haven't been sick in over 5 years. Bummer, I'm leaving for Denver tomorrow:sick:

Where's my upgrade???? I guess I have to be happy Hopelea gave me their room.

I have a horrible cold, hope it's not strep. I haven't been sick in over 5 years. Bummer, I'm leaving for Denver tomorrow:sick:

Feel better soon, Denise! And have a wonderful and safe trip to Denver!!!

4 more sailings and then it is our turn!! When you say it that way, it seems really close!! :banana:

4 more sailings and then it is our turn!! When you say it that way, it seems really close!! :banana:

Wow, yes it does! And this is such a short month too...makes it come even quicker!

I have had some fun lately...I'm making a really cute FE, and I'm finishing my gifts and they turned out adorable! I have made some really nice magnets, and bought new swimsuits for the kids. Even buying sunscreen made me happy, because it is 37 degrees today (and that is HOT compared to the teens it has been lately) and sunscreen hasn't been needed for way too long! I can't wait to have to use it every day!

Wow, yes it does! And this is such a short month too...makes it come even quicker!

I have had some fun lately...I'm making a really cute FE, and I'm finishing my gifts and they turned out adorable! I have made some really nice magnets, and bought new swimsuits for the kids. Even buying sunscreen made me happy, because it is 37 degrees today (and that is HOT compared to the teens it has been lately) and sunscreen hasn't been needed for way too long! I can't wait to have to use it every day!

I went to buy sunscreen the other day and it was on a top shelf and over $12!!! I never paid over $6 last summer for the same bottle!! I need to find a clearance sunscreen source! :)

This is coming too fast for me to get ready!! AAAGH!! Slow down!!! :)

Tara

Tara, we found clearance sunscreen at the end of the season last year. Great spray on stuff for around $3!! I am ready. I can't contain my self much longer. I am trying my best to not talk about it around my co-workers. They get tired of hearing about my cruises. I just keep telling them how excited I am to visit with my sister before our cruise!!

Can't wait for the 60 degree weather next week. I will be washing my car tomorrow!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter