March 13, 2011 - DREAM

Well, I didn't get to B2B but the girls and I are going on the 7/10 5 night double dip! I managed to snag a stateroom a few nights ago and placed the deposit today! DH and DS are going on a separate vacation (16th BDay trip of a lifetime for DS) so I am taking the girls on a easy for me trip!

Waiting a couple weeks to buy the plane tickets and to book the hotel and limo (have to confirm a few details on their trip to make sure I don't transfer our ressies) but the girls are very excited that they get two Disney cruises in one year!

DH will seriously need this cruise!!!!!!! He just found out that he will have to do a trip that involves CA, NC, and India that finishes on the evening of the 10th -- yes, 3 days before the cruise. I told him he has to be packed for the cruise before he leaves on that trip (or at least have everything laid out since we stay at WDW for 3 nights after the cruise). Good thing our 4 kids will avoid us like the plague on the ship :rotfl2:

Thanks again to Patty and Happy for your advice.

My DH and I love to cruise for four reasons:
1) exploring new and exciting ports;
2) the ship is a traveling hotel, and we do not waste time packing, unpacking, and traveling;
3) all inclusive price for lodging, food, and entertainment; and
4) the wonderful service that Celebrity gives us every time we cruise.

Ports have been the deciding factor in all our past cruises--not so this cruise. (We only plan to debark at Castaway Cay.) We are excited to be with family, celebrate three birthdays, and explore a new shiip. The ship looks wonderful for children, but what is there for the older set who do not drink or desire to dawn swimsuits except for the beach? Yes, we will explore the ship and shops, work out in the gym, sit on the deck and watch the waves with our family,:grouphug: eat our share, and attend the evening shows. But are there lectures/demos or adult competitions like Wii, putting, bocci ball, or crochet?:cheer2: Are all the gaming areas reserved only for children and teens? Are there movies? :3dglassespopcorn:: Just wondering...:confused3

There are movies all day long, there is bingo (and the CMs running it are so much fun!) there are games put on for families and adults, lectures and tours, you will not lack for something to do. When you get the Navigator in the morning, grab your coffee and a highlighter and plan your day. Trust me -- there will be plenty to do and a couple of times where you will have to make a choice.

There are movies all day long, there is bingo (and the CMs running it are so much fun!) there are games put on for families and adults, lectures and tours, you will not lack for something to do. When you get the Navigator in the morning, grab your coffee and a highlighter and plan your day. Trust me -- there will be plenty to do and a couple of times where you will have to make a choice.

Thanks Happy. Sounds like we will find a wide variety of activities.

I teach in Aldine. I have been here about 20 years. Where does your partner teach? Katy and Fry road is quite far from me, but I was there last week at FaithWest Academy for a basketball game for my son. I will actually be attending a workshop Monday at a hotel on I10 and Hwy 6. I think that is pretty close to you too. There seem to be a lot of Texans and alot of teachers on this cruise.

My MIL just asked if we would take her with us. I wish I had know earlier she wanted to go. I think it is completely sold out now. I feel awful. She loves to go with us on cruises. I should have thought of it and now I wish I could add her.

She is an Itinerant teacher-Deaf Education in Cy-Fair.

Our 10 year old girl is an only child and generally shy...she does great once she meets folks but doesn't approach kids on her own...any of our group that have kids around her age going to the DISmeet? I think she will be a bit better going off to do things if she has some friends to go with....

Sorry I've been MIA for a long time. The good news is, I spent much of that time training for and completing the Goofy Challenge, so I have a bunch of WDW Marathon medals to show for it!

Shifting gears, I have a shy 10-year-old girl as well. Would love to meet up! I'm still on page 25, so I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but did we decide if the meet would be at 3 or at 3:30? And can someone please remind me where it will be?

Told the girls last night and they are thrilled, but not surprised " you know mom it is tradition"

Does anyone have a 10 year old girl looking for an aqua
Duck buddy? We are 3, and I don't think my oldest will want to go alone, hoping the girls will go together and I go alone, but my 8 year old is not to brave so I am sure she will only go with me.

My 10-year-old will probably want to live on the Aqua Duck. She would love to ride with your DD!

Told the girls last night and they are thrilled, but not surprised " you know mom it is tradition"

I still have yet to burst the bubble to all 3 of them where we are going Spring Break :lmao: HOWEVER, my kids have seen all the Disney commercials lately about surprise trips to Disney and the Disney cruise ship. So my smart-mouthed son tonite made the comment, "Mommy, when are you going to tell us about the trip? I know it's a Disney Cruise because you said it's better than our last trip to Disney World and that's the only thing that's better than Disney World!"

Why did I have to give birth to Einstein?! :rotfl2:

I was figuring I would let them in on my secret this weekend or next. But you know that commerical they play where the kids find out Christmas morning they're leaving that day? He asked me tonite, when that came on, "Mommy, when can you say that to us?"

So now I don't know when I will tell them - sooner, or later?! I can't wait until day of or before, b/c that means I would have to do all the packing for all 4 of us and there will be no time on my agenda for that! Plus, I was looking forward to doing some of the planning with them. Darn TV!

Count me in as well! And pay close attention to the Navigator the night before Castaway Cay day. I'll be doing the Castaway Cay 5K and/or group walk, assuming it will be offered.

My DD and I were talking about trying the CC 5k...she is interested which is unusual as she is not a runner nor does she like to break a sweat...but if she is interested I'll be more than happy to encourage this...I'll let you know after we walk that distance this weekend her thoughts. Have you done it before? If she decides to walk it would that present any issues? Fingers crossed she wants to do it AND they actually do it...I read somewhere it isn't always offered?

Does anyone have a 10 year old girl looking for an aqua
Duck buddy? We are 3, and I don't think my oldest will want to go alone, hoping the girls will go together and I go alone, but my 8 year old is not to brave so I am sure she will only go with me.

I'm just trying to convince our DD to wait and see before she decides NOT to ride it...Thus far she refuses to consider it...She loves water, stays in the pool most of the year and has her PADI Seal Team, she is about to turn 10 in a few weeks and can't wait to get her Junior open water diver card... but add a slide of any type and she wants nothing to do with it? She'll ride Space Mountain as many times as you would let her but hates Splash Mountain? maybe if she has some kids her age she'll try it...I won't hold my breath on this point but who knows.

Six weeks from today, we'll be packed and ready to catch the 5:05 PM to Orlando. Whoo Hoo!:banana::banana::banana::banana: There will be four of us on the flight, but two are on the 6:20 AM and will be enjoying WDW all day w/o us. Two others will fly in the day of the cruise on the 6:20 AM also.

Oh no. Just signed DS up for Cub Scouts only to learn that one of their two big campouts will be during the cruise. Poor kiddo is bummed that he's going to miss out, but I know we're all going to have a great time on the Dream.

Did your DS do the Pinewood Derby? We're going for weigh-in tonite :scared1: and then the Derby is tomorrow am. Wish us luck :thumbsup2

From the Disney Cruiseline website:

On 4-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
Final night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

For "dress-up night," do all the men wear a jacket, or can DH get by with a dress shirt and nice slacks? (Trying to get by with one piece of checked luggage between us on the flight and still have a variety of clothes for cruise and five days at WDW and varying weather.) Thanks.

From the Disney Cruiseline website:

On 4-night cruises:

First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One "dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
Final night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops

For "dress-up night," do all the men wear a jacket, or can DH get by with a dress shirt and nice slacks? (Trying to get by with one piece of checked luggage between us on the flight and still have a variety of clothes for cruise and five days at WDW and varying weather.) Thanks.

On our last cruise, there was such a variety on dress up night. From tuxes to dress shirts with ties, jackets with shirts, to Tommy Bahama shirts with slacks. It was quite the variety. For women it ranged from Sunday dresses to dinner formal to cocktail dresses to date night dresses. It is what you want to "dress up" in. Don't feel pressured one way or another. On a 7 night cruise where you have a "Formal night" and a "semi formal" night people do tend to go more full out, but on a four night I wouldn't see it happening up. My husband is going to be getting on this plane 48 hours after getting off a plane from India, I will be lucky if I get him in slacks and a Tommy Bahama shirt.

We went on the Wonder last year on the 4 night cruise and there wasn't a dress up night. I wonder if that has changed?? We are also driving in from Texas, Houston area! So, excited to be going on the Dream!!!

Me:cheer2: DH :happytv: DS (15) :cool1: DD (4) princess:

Mar 11-WDW-WildernessLodge/Disney Dream/WDW-Saratoga Springs
Nov 10-WDW-Happy Thanksgiving-Saratoga Springs
June 10-Disney Wonder/WDWBay Lake Tower
Dec 09/Jan 10-WDW-Happy New Year-French Quarter/SS
June 09-WDW-SS
Aug 05-WDW-Riverside

Welcome Texas<3sDisney! Lots of Texans on this cruise and lots from your area! We have a group of 8 from the DFW area. Maybe we Texans shouls wear our cowboy boots and Stetsons on dressy night. :laughing: We would be a sight!

Add two more Texans to the list! I think we might have gotten one of the last rooms available. Just DH and I because I don't think our cats would like being on a boat. We're arriving at the Contemporary on the 11th and spending the 12th at the MK.

We went on the Wonder last year on the 4 night cruise and there wasn't a dress up night. I wonder if that has changed?? We are also driving in from Texas, Houston area! So, excited to be going on the Dream!!!

Me:cheer2: DH :happytv: DS (15) :cool1: DD (4) princess:

Mar 11-WDW-WildernessLodge/Disney Dream/WDW-Saratoga Springs
Nov 10-WDW-Happy Thanksgiving-Saratoga Springs
June 10-Disney Wonder/WDWBay Lake Tower
Dec 09/Jan 10-WDW-Happy New Year-French Quarter/SS
June 09-WDW-SS
Aug 05-WDW-Riverside

We are also in the Houston area (Katy) Other grandparents, DDs and DGD are driving from here. Pop and I are flying in the day of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter