• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 13, 2011 - DREAM

Woke up this morning to a bright sunny day, 4" of fresh powder snow and -4F feeling like -27F with the wind chill. I can't wait to get on the DREAM.

Seven weeks from today we board Dream for a dream trip! Watching football this afternoon before going back to church.

Jenerra, it looks like there is a long way around that road problem, but I'm with you. Hope it is repaired before we arrive. And I hope they put up signs telling how to get to the port by a different route for those unsuspecting folks arriving for their cruises in the next few weeks!

We just had dinner with most of our group this evening. They want to stay on the ship in Nassau as well. Can parents/grandparents watch the children in the different "kid's areas?" DIL is uncomfortable leaving the girls without a family member in the clubs or other places. I would hate for the granddaughters to miss out on these wonderful activities.

Well, coming from a teen (who has sailed on Disney Cruises ever since a kid), I never seen parents around the clubs. You can come and check up on them every now and then. I can't tell you exactly if they would allow adults coming in and staying with their kids in the kids' clubs. I believe (and this is what I think, but when you get there, you can totally ask and get a better and correct answer) that the kids' counselors don't allow parents/guardians to stay with the kids in the clubs, because for most kids the clubs are like "a parent free place" but hey, that's what I've experienced, and have been told by cruising peers.

Like I said, you should ask on the first just to make sure it's okay :) I can tell you that the Disney Cruise has the safest and funnest kids' clubs in the world :) The counselors are totally friendly, and professional.

I hope this answered your question. :D

We just had dinner with most of our group this evening. They want to stay on the ship in Nassau as well. Can parents/grandparents watch the children in the different "kid's areas?" DIL is uncomfortable leaving the girls without a family member in the clubs or other places. I would hate for the granddaughters to miss out on these wonderful activities.

When we sailed in 2001, my kids were 4 and 6 and not at all keen on the idea of being left without mom or dad. On top of that, my oldest son has cognitive/physical disabilites and seizures, and he had a seizure the morning we were set to sail. I was concerned about leaving both of them, but especially my oldest. After speaking with the counselors, I nervously decided to let them stay just to see how they liked it, knowing they would page me if either of them wasn't happy....(we checked in frequently just in case, and the counselors were very nice about it) The counselors were VERY kind, caring and well trained. My kids LOVED it, didn't want to leave and couldn't wait to get back. One of the counselors "adopted" my oldest son, and she had tears in her eyes the day we left. They far surpassed my highest expectations.

Maybe your DIL would feel better if your grandaughters could stay together in the club. Also, if she could let them stay even for a short time, she might see what fun they could have and be more inclined to let them attend throughout the cruise. I'm so glad I decided to give it a try for my kids. It made their time on the cruise so enjoyable. Good luck with whatever your family decides to do. :)

Reminder:3 WEEKS UNTIL FE LIST CLOSES!!!!Please look at link in post #240 (pg 16) as many of you still need to submit your stateroom # :) Also, for any newcomers to the list, feel free to send me your info and I will add you and your family, accordingly.

TIA (can't believe how fast the time is going - wow:cool1:)

I think the ship will be really crowded on Nassau day as no one seems to be getting off, I hope DCL adds activities as there is usually not much going on for port days. Not too worried about the pool this trip as last March it was too cold to swim and the girls did not get in the pool once, I am more worried about the crowds for the characters.

We might be on the ship with you all on Nassau Day, if the weather f/c is for chilly temps/nasty weather. However, I too am very worried about the crowds b/c I've read several posts to Nassau excursion threads before where ALOT of people said they stay on the ship. Hopefully we can get some good reviews from folks on the cruises 2-3 wks before ours and can gage what it will be :confused3

WOW! This thread has exploded! I have not been on in some time. Work has me so busy as I am sure the other teachers can confirm! I am getting so excited. I watched the christening of the ship Wednesday and couldn't believe we are going to be on that beautiful vessel in just over a month! There are so many people coming from the Houston area. We live up by IAH. Anyone else from this area?

We are leaving Houston Friday morning and driving to Orlando. My BIL lives in Tallahassee and we will stop to see them. We are staying in the Bay Lake Towers on Saturday and heading to the port early Sunday. After the cruise we are at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I notice there are a few of us staying there as well.

I am very excited to meet everyone. I am going to order my FE this week, hopefully and start getting my gifts together. I haven't decided just what to get yet. I am not very crafty, so I will have to purchase them, unfortunately. I am excited to see what everyone else comes up with. This is our first FE experience and my kids are going to love it. Thanks Soccermom for organizing this for us. I sent you a PM with our missing info, but didn't mention allergies. None for us. Let me know if you got the info. My computer is acting a little crazy at times.

Well, I am off to bed. Maybe I'll have a dream about the DREAM!

Have a great week!

Woke up this morning to a bright sunny day, 4" of fresh powder snow and -4F feeling like -27F with the wind chill. I can't wait to get on the DREAM.

I just can not wrap my brain around anyone living in those types of temps...My freezer is warm in comparison.

Well, coming from a teen (who has sailed on Disney Cruises ever since a kid), I never seen parents around the clubs. You can come and check up on them every now and then. I can't tell you exactly if they would allow adults coming in and staying with their kids in the kids' clubs. I believe (and this is what I think, but when you get there, you can totally ask and get a better and correct answer) that the kids' counselors don't allow parents/guardians to stay with the kids in the clubs, because for most kids the clubs are like "a parent free place" but hey, that's what I've experienced, and have been told by cruising peers.

Like I said, you should ask on the first just to make sure it's okay :) I can tell you that the Disney Cruise has the safest and funnest kids' clubs in the world :) The counselors are totally friendly, and professional.

I hope this answered your question. :D

Thanks PattyCakeTV and Disney's Fan. I explained to my DIL Saturday evening that counselors supervise the children, and I really hope the kiddos get to experience the Clubs, etc. There is so much designed there just for them, but Mom is concerned they will get into trouble that she would not otherwise allow. DIL has been talking with and receiving advice from a co-worker who did a 7-night over Christmas. Maybe DIL will ask the friend about the Clubs, or maybe she already has... My only concern would be the sheer number of kids on this cruise. Hope they have lots of extra counselors on hand. This ship is full!

Thanks PattyCakeTV and Disney's Fan. I explained to my DIL Saturday evening that counselors supervise the children, and I really hope the kiddos get to experience the Clubs, etc. There is so much designed there just for them, but Mom is concerned they will get into trouble that she would not otherwise allow. DIL has been talking with and receiving advice from a co-worker who did a 7-night over Christmas. Maybe DIL will ask the friend about the Clubs, or maybe she already has... My only concern would be the sheer number of kids on this cruise. Hope they have lots of extra counselors on hand. This ship is full!

They are very supervised and have organized activities, especially at the age of your grandchildren (I searched back a few posts to remind myself). You can stay a watch if you want, but my younger two had so much that DH and I wanted to enjoy our time. The counselors will contact you if needed and will not allow any untoward behavior. There are rules and if you or DIL have concerns about what is or is not allowed by y'all just talk to them.

Like HappyontheLake said, they are very organized, and they will contact you if anything happens. Plus, last time my family and I went on the cruise, we dropped off my brother and he got this bracelet, where you can track where the kids are, and they also gave us a beeper for the entire trip, just incase there was an incident, or my little brother wanted to leave. And don't worry about the number of kids on the ship! Not all children go to the clubs, the first night on the ship is usually the night that almost every kid goes to the club, but the next day it's pretty empty.

Hope this helped again :)

WOW! This thread has exploded! I have not been on in some time. Work has me so busy as I am sure the other teachers can confirm! I am getting so excited. I watched the christening of the ship Wednesday and couldn't believe we are going to be on that beautiful vessel in just over a month! There are so many people coming from the Houston area. We live up by IAH. Anyone else from this area?

We are leaving Houston Friday morning and driving to Orlando. My BIL lives in Tallahassee and we will stop to see them. We are staying in the Bay Lake Towers on Saturday and heading to the port early Sunday. After the cruise we are at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I notice there are a few of us staying there as well.

I am very excited to meet everyone. I am going to order my FE this week, hopefully and start getting my gifts together. I haven't decided just what to get yet. I am not very crafty, so I will have to purchase them, unfortunately. I am excited to see what everyone else comes up with. This is our first FE experience and my kids are going to love it. Thanks Soccermom for organizing this for us. I sent you a PM with our missing info, but didn't mention allergies. None for us. Let me know if you got the info. My computer is acting a little crazy at times.

Well, I am off to bed. Maybe I'll have a dream about the DREAM!

Have a great week!
WE ARE NOT THAT FAR AWAY FROM YOU. WE STAY CLOSE TO THE BELTWAY AND FALLBROOK BY THE RACE TRACK. WE WILL LEAVE FRIDAY MORNING AND SPEND THE NIGHT WITH MY MOM WHO LIVES IN LAKE CHARLES, LA. WE WILL LEAVE LC AT 2:00 AM (SAT MORNING) IN ORDER TO MAKE IT TO ORLANDO BY NOON.:woohoo:

I ran into a friend yesterday who is a travel agent that specializes in Disney. She got invited to the christening. She said the Ship is AMAZING.. even better then what we are expecting. we were both so excited that we were in tears by the time our conversation was over.

I cannot wait!!!:yay::yay::yay:

WE ARE NOT THAT FAR AWAY FROM YOU. WE STAY CLOSE TO THE BELTWAY AND FALLBROOK BY THE RACE TRACK. WE WILL LEAVE FRIDAY MORNING AND SPEND THE NIGHT WITH MY MOM WHO LIVES IN LAKE CHARLES, LA. WE WILL LEAVE LC AT 2:00 AM (SAT MORNING) IN ORDER TO MAKE IT TO ORLANDO BY NOON.:woohoo:

We are really close. You live by my former teaching partner. She is at the Fallbrook exit as well. We live in Kingwood. I cannot wait to get on that ship! It is great that you get to see your mom before your trip. :lovestruc

So excited to meet everyone! I too am in the Houston area (Cypress to be exact). We live off 290 and Cypress Rosehill.

We are really close. You live by my former teaching partner. She is at the Fallbrook exit as well. We live in Kingwood. I cannot wait to get on that ship! It is great that you get to see your mom before your trip. :lovestruc

We are in Katy around Fry and 10...my Partner is also a teacher.

We are in Katy around Fry and 10...my Partner is also a teacher.

I teach in Aldine. I have been here about 20 years. Where does your partner teach? Katy and Fry road is quite far from me, but I was there last week at FaithWest Academy for a basketball game for my son. I will actually be attending a workshop Monday at a hotel on I10 and Hwy 6. I think that is pretty close to you too. There seem to be a lot of Texans and alot of teachers on this cruise.

My MIL just asked if we would take her with us. I wish I had know earlier she wanted to go. I think it is completely sold out now. I feel awful. She loves to go with us on cruises. I should have thought of it and now I wish I could add her.

Thanks again to Patty and Happy for your advice.

My DH and I love to cruise for four reasons:
1) exploring new and exciting ports;
2) the ship is a traveling hotel, and we do not waste time packing, unpacking, and traveling;
3) all inclusive price for lodging, food, and entertainment; and
4) the wonderful service that Celebrity gives us every time we cruise.

Ports have been the deciding factor in all our past cruises--not so this cruise. (We only plan to debark at Castaway Cay.) We are excited to be with family, celebrate three birthdays, and explore a new shiip. The ship looks wonderful for children, but what is there for the older set who do not drink or desire to dawn swimsuits except for the beach? Yes, we will explore the ship and shops, work out in the gym, sit on the deck and watch the waves with our family,:grouphug: eat our share, and attend the evening shows. But are there lectures/demos or adult competitions like Wii, putting, bocci ball, or crochet?:cheer2: Are all the gaming areas reserved only for children and teens? Are there movies? :3dglassespopcorn:: Just wondering...:confused3

To all you lovely teachers!!! I am a school bus driver for Cy-Fair. I transport all the lovely children to you each and every morning. lol

To all you lovely teachers!!! I am a school bus driver for Cy-Fair. I transport all the lovely children to you each and every morning. lol

Well, we couldn't do our job without you, so THANK YOU!!! I work the bus ramp in the afternoons at our school and more than once I have been amazed by what you do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter