March 13, 2011 - DREAM

My congratulations as well! Your health is the best gift you can give your family. I have been trying since July - although I have not had the great results you have. maybe we need deck walking group for the trip so we don't all slip.

Happy - Congrats as well from here :thumbsup2

General - I am up for the deck walking group!!! Been trying to workout like a bandit for months (zumba, strength training, etc) but the extra pounds don't seem to go anywhere :sad2:

Oh well, we'll all have a fun time anyway!

Debating Nassau excursions. What are you guys doing? Has anyone ever done the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter?

we didn't do it ( we did the beach day) However, we did talk with a bunch of folks who did do it as well as the sea lion one. Across the board the sea lions got the better review from almost everyone we went with...so we decided to do that this year.

My 10 & 8 year old and really starting feel the cruise fever! I bought their swimsuits -- 3 each, they live in our pool as soon as it is warm enough -- yesterday at Justice (using my 40% off total purchase coupon that they mailed me -- good until 1/24, if anyone wants it I can email it to you just PM me your address).

My 13yo gave me the evil eye until I informed her she gets an all day shopping trip President's Day weekend (Lord save me). 5'7.5" and a size 1 or 3, if we could all be so lucky.

Now I just have to get up the courage to go swimsuit shopping myself. Should be a lot easier this year, I am 50 pounds lighter than I was last year (and still losing) :cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

WOW congratulations!
Our DD is also our little fish...she loves the pool.

Debating Nassau excursions. What are you guys doing?
First time Nassau, we went to the Wyndham resort for the day. Their pool wasn't heated so it was too frigid to swim. The Straw Market was forgettable and there was a gauntlet of drug dealers, hawkers and panhandlers on our way to the bus we were taking.

Second time in Nassau, we stayed on the boat. Had the ship to ourselves. There was a Segway Eco excursion on our sailing that had an armed robbery with shots fired. Traumatic for those passengers for sure.

This time, we're staying on the ship again to take the Aquaduck as many times as we can.

My congratulations as well! Your health is the best gift you can give your family. I have been trying since July - although I have not had the great results you have. maybe we need deck walking group for the trip so we don't all slip.

Deck walking group sounds good to me. I would be up for it.

Deck walking group sounds good to me. I would be up for it.

I will be walking for sure -- but I alternate between the walking deck and the stairs (I am VERY allergic to smoke so when the smokers cannot abide by the rules of no smoking between 6am and 6pm I go inside and walk the stairs -- people get testy when you soak them with a super soaker in my experience :lmao: ).

Thanks for the input guys. I think I may cancel the dolphin encounter. I would have loved to do the sea lion, but two of my kids are too young for that one. I like the idea of staying on the ship myself, but we have never been to the bahamas. We may end up doing the beach day. Now to decide between blue lagoon and Atlantis ( if it isn't sold out)

I will be walking for sure -- but I alternate between the walking deck and the stairs (I am VERY allergic to smoke so when the smokers cannot abide by the rules of no smoking between 6am and 6pm I go inside and walk the stairs -- people get testy when you soak them with a super soaker in my experience :lmao: ).

The stairs are great! We have a "no elevator" rule for our cruises. We eat what we want (way beyond what we would consider at home), go to the gym for the treatmill or elyptical on sea days, and take the stairs for all we do. Even on those port-intensive trips where we are too tired to make the gym, we maintain. If health permits, the stairs are an asset!

Thanks for the input guys. I think I may cancel the dolphin encounter. I would have loved to do the sea lion, but two of my kids are too young for that one. I like the idea of staying on the ship myself, but we have never been to the bahamas. We may end up doing the beach day. Now to decide between blue lagoon and Atlantis ( if it isn't sold out)

I ran into the same dilemma, b/c my little man is too young for the sea lions :sad2: So, I booked the Atlantis Aquaventure for us. If the weather looks like it will be too cold or rainy within 5 days before that date, I will cancel though and we will stay on the ship. We were out to dinner the other nite and a commercial came on for Atlantis and all 3 of them were like "Wow! Look at that - it's so cool! Can we go there?! Is that where we're going?!"

The stairs are great! We have a "no elevator" rule for our cruises. We eat what we want (way beyond what we would consider at home), go to the gym for the treatmill or elyptical on sea days, and take the stairs for all we do. Even on those port-intensive trips where we are too tired to make the gym, we maintain. If health permits, the stairs are an asset!

I LOVE that rule! Will have to try it with my family :banana:

First time Nassau, we went to the Wyndham resort for the day. Their pool wasn't heated so it was too frigid to swim. The Straw Market was forgettable and there was a gauntlet of drug dealers, hawkers and panhandlers on our way to the bus we were taking.

Second time in Nassau, we stayed on the boat. Had the ship to ourselves. There was a Segway Eco excursion on our sailing that had an armed robbery with shots fired. Traumatic for those passengers for sure.

This time, we're staying on the ship again to take the Aquaduck as many times as we can.
I guess we will be on the boat with you. I wanna spend as much time on the boat as possible.

Well, we want to maximize our enjoyment of this new vessel.

The fact that we mainly cruised off-season before, plus the Disney Dream is full-booked with up to 1600 more passengers on the ship (versus the Magic/Wonder) has me concerned about how crowded the boat will be especially since the pool areas don't look appreciably larger than the two older ships.

We've never travelled during a peak period before and our airfares already have been a dose of reality.

This is our first cruise ever and I'm so excited that we're doing a Disney Cruise! We're doing two nights at the Contemporary before we depart. I teach and it's my Spring Break. My husband will have to take days.

We have signed up for the non-Atlantis beach day but we have discussed just staying on the ship as well to have additional time to look around. I'm a little jealous of all you doing B2B cruises. pixiedust:

we did blue lagoon and loved it...water last year spring break was a tad chilly but like I said our daughter is a fish.

This is our first cruise ever and I'm so excited that we're doing a Disney Cruise! We're doing two nights at the Contemporary before we depart. I teach and it's my Spring Break. My husband will have to take days.

We have signed up for the non-Atlantis beach day but we have discussed just staying on the ship as well to have additional time to look around. I'm a little jealous of all you doing B2B cruises. pixiedust:

Hi Julie! I'm a retired Grand Prairie ISD teacher. DIL used to teach in GP but now teaches education classes at TCC. :teacher::teacher:

I think the ship will be really crowded on Nassau day as no one seems to be getting off, I hope DCL adds activities as there is usually not much going on for port days.

Not too worried about the pool this trip as last March it was too cold to swim and the girls did not get in the pool once, I am more worried about the crowds for the characters.

Looking forward to hearing how the crowds are.

We just had dinner with most of our group this evening. They want to stay on the ship in Nassau as well. Can parents/grandparents watch the children in the different "kid's areas?" DIL is uncomfortable leaving the girls without a family member in the clubs or other places. I would hate for the granddaughters to miss out on these wonderful activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter