• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 13, 2011 - DREAM

Hello Everyone, We are booked on this cruise as well. This is going to be our first Disney Cruise. I am interested in doing the FE exchange, how do I get signed up?

Welcome to all the new posters.

Welcome again Bippy. (I met you on the Cruise Critic board yesterday.) You will find this board to be much more active.)

:surfweb:Just did a price check on our cruise. (Ever the optimist looking for a price drop. It is still $200 pp more than when we booked.) There were listings for categories 11 A,B,C and one verandah category. Looks like some folks are letting their reservations go.

I created a spreadsheet that you can check on and give me updates for (check post #120 on page 8 & then post #240 on page 16, or addtl info).

For all of the new folks joining our group, welcome aboard! Pls look at the posts I mention above, and view the link to the spreadsheet for the FE list to see the type of info you will need to provide.

We will also have a DISmeet on embarkation day @ 3p, location TBD. You are welcome to bring a "state" gift basket/bag to exchange at the DISmeet (optional!)....limit will be about $25. We will put names in a hat and draw, for the exchange, unless anyone has a better idea!

REMINDER: to all who already have expressed interest in the FE list, pls forward me any missing info (I.e. Stateroom #) ASAP.

FE LIST WILL CLOSE ON FEB. 13, 2011!!! Make sure all your info is to me before then

Thanks,
Cathy

KKcruser Thanks, this one is much better.

TXsoccer- I am trying to send you my info but its not letting me until I do 10 posts so I guess I will have to post 10 random things. My sister is also going on the cruise with us and she is interested in joining as well. I will get her to send over her info.

Bippy

Thanks for the info!

Are we responsible fro putting something in the FEs for all people on the list for each day of the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info!

Are we responsible fro putting something in the FEs for all people on the list for each day of the cruise?

Thanks in advance!

I had an awesome response typed in earlier, and then the family walked in and I had to log off quickly! They're suspicious that the "surprise trip" is a Disney cruise b/c I asked the kids what has been the best vacation (they said our last trip to WDW!) and I told them it would top that!

Oh well, sorry to digress...this is my 1st cruise on DCL, thus 1st time w/FE. From other meet threads I've read thru, I thought it would be best to assign nights to specific staterooms (I.e. 1st nite deck 6 delivers gifts, 2nd nite deck 7, etc). On your "assigned" night, you would deliver to all on the list just that time.

What I am doing, is putting together FE gifts for each child and then a "stateroom" gift (1 per stateroom) for the adults. So, let's say there is a large family of 5 where 2 ad in 1 room and 3 kids in another. I will deliver a total of 4 gifts (3 for the kids and 1 for the adults).

By assigning everyone a date (day/nite) to deliver their FE gifts, it distributes the amount evenly each day. I am open to suggestions though, since this is my 1st time with this!

Hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions!

So we are on this cruise and would like to get on the FE list. Stateroom #5674 two adults and a 9 year old girl...

went to the craft store today with my daughter to get items for gifts..trying to decide if we order or attempt to make our own FE...think buy...anyone use the stitchesnbows on Etsy before?...or does anyone have someone they recommend for purchasing these?

we are driving in from Houston. Texans taking over the Dream? SOOOOO excited our 2nd DC.

Forgot to mention that how you do your FE gifts are up to you...some people do it like I am (1 for each child and 1 for the adults), or 1 gift/stateroom, or ???. It is totally up to you!

* use the link in post #120 & #240 for the updated spreadsheet

Please forward me any missing/incorrect information for you ASAP. Only 6 more weeks to provide your info - I need alot of stateroom #s, and also need confirmation if you are still doing the FE and DISMeet state exchange basket (3pm, location TBD!). All are welcome at the DISMeet :)

Talk to you soon -

Happy Monday everyone.

Do any of you WDW veterans know if the ticket prices normally increase between now and spring break? My son is advising me to purchase our post-cruise ticket package now in case the price goes up. The tickets are non-refundable, and I would prefer to hold off until we arrive. :confused3

KKruiser & TXSOCCERMOM - Thanks for the good tips! Looks like I did convince them all to drive!

TXSOCCORMOM - Thanks for the tip on the radisson. Looks like I got the message too late. The rate is no longer available, but I will keep looking for something. Thank you guys so much and I look forward to meeting everyone!!

KKruiser & TXSOCCERMOM - Thanks for the good tips! Looks like I did convince them all to drive!

TXSOCCORMOM - Thanks for the tip on the radisson. Looks like I got the message too late. The rate is no longer available, but I will keep looking for something. Thank you guys so much and I look forward to meeting everyone!!

Check priceline.com ....many folks have mentioned they got great rates at the Radisson. You might have to book 2 rooms though, b/c they say it's guaranteed for 2 people, but we had 4 before in a priceline room (2 double beds) w/no problem. I'll keep my eye out for you too!

Happy Monday everyone.

Do any of you WDW veterans know if the ticket prices normally increase between now and spring break? My son is advising me to purchase our post-cruise ticket package now in case the price goes up. The tickets are non-refundable, and I would prefer to hold off until we arrive. :confused3

Kay - Park tix just went up in Aug of 2010, so I highly doubt the prices will rise again before our trip. And it was highly publicized on wdwinfo.com about the upcoming rate increase then, so you would have time to purchase some beforehand if they do raise them again. I would wait.....

Kay - Park tix just went up in Aug of 2010, so I highly doubt the prices will rise again before our trip. And it was highly publicized on wdwinfo.com about the upcoming rate increase then, so you would have time to purchase some beforehand if they do raise them again. I would wait.....

Thanks Soccermom:thumbsup2. We are also unsure about how many days we want to purchase, so waiting just makes sense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter