March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

Mark, I must admit it will be hard for us to let Shadow work. We miss our dog when we are on vacation, but usually aren't around dogs to have to remember our working dog manners. :) But we will try to do our best.:goodvibes

Thank you... Most people don't even ask to pet him, they just go for it.

Shadow has been the the ship 9 times. This will be his last. The week after we get off the boat, he is retiring. :(

I train service dogs, I am getting a new one to train

Mark

Thank you... Most people don't even ask to pet him, they just go for it.

Shadow has been the the ship 9 times. This will be his last. The week after we get off the boat, he is retiring. :(

I train service dogs, I am getting a new one to train

Mark

I've already tried to explain to my 8 year old DD that yes, there is a dog on board and she cannot just pet it! I think she is like the "dog whisperer" and really thinks she's part animal....We've had the conversation a couple of times....Hopefully she'll "obey"!!!

Ashley

I've already tried to explain to my 8 year old DD that yes, there is a dog on board and she cannot just pet it! I think she is like the "dog whisperer" and really thinks she's part animal....We've had the conversation a couple of times....Hopefully she'll "obey"!!!

Ashley

oh Shadow loves kids.. I normally let kids & other folks in chairs pet him...but with a ship FULL of kids i wont anyone...

I can't believe we are so close. I am starting to think through exactly what clothes to bring...don't want to overpack, but don't want to underpack either. :)

The galley tour sounds fun. Since we've only done 4 day cruises we are looking forward to some of the tours and such. Can't wait to meet everyone. Those of you going early...safe travels.

Hey Mark - will shadow retire to the household pet position?

We have considered taking a pup to start the leader dog training with but we will probably do that later in life when we don't want to have to commit to a pet long term. It would be too hard on the kids 15 and 12 to have a dog for almost a year and then have to give it up, so we won't be doing it until the timing is right.

Leaving semi-lurkdom to say:

:banana::banana::banana: Single Digits! YAY! :banana::banana::banana:

-Sandy:cloud9:

Man...I am SOOOO excited...can someone please come swing by my house and pack for me? Just did my laundry last night.....so all I need is some ironing (who am I kidding....why bother ironing??!).

We leave a week from today!!!!! Cannot wait.

Ashley

We leave a week from today too!

I still have to do my laundry and pick up a few supplies yet. But I still have seven days! :cool1:

It is getting so close now. It is totally exciting. So mom and granddaughter are on route to the cruise already. They are taking a scenic tour of the U.S and leave daughter at home to countdown the hours.

We booked cruise #2 a couple weeks ago. Just wondering if there is any perks to booking the second cruise onboard versus online and is there any way they will cancel out the first reservation and re-book us if there are incentives?

Thanks for the advice.

It is getting so close now. It is totally exciting. So mom and granddaughter are on route to the cruise already. They are taking a scenic tour of the U.S and leave daughter at home to countdown the hours.

We booked cruise #2 a couple weeks ago. Just wondering if there is any perks to booking the second cruise onboard versus online and is there any way they will cancel out the first reservation and re-book us if there are incentives?

Thanks for the advice.

You get 10% off and a $200 obc if you book while on board:thumbsup2

Rob

counting down...the number of meals yet to prepare, the loads of laundry yet to be done, the trips to the stores yet to be made, the kid's school projects/homework assignments yet to see completed...but mostly, I'm nearly ready to begin counting the HOURS left before we leave! Is it just me, or is time starting to fly by now! :rolleyes:

counting down...the number of meals yet to prepare, the loads of laundry yet to be done, the trips to the stores yet to be made, the kid's school projects/homework assignments yet to see completed...but mostly, I'm nearly ready to begin counting the HOURS left before we leave! Is it just me, or is time starting to fly by now! :rolleyes:

You're right. The time is flying by. I thought this week at work would take FOREVER but it's Thursday already. Only three more days of work and only 6 days until we leave! :cool1::cool1:

This weekend we'll be packing, doing laundry, getting haircuts, etc.

I'm soooo excited! :thumbsup2

Michelle

Thanks for the advice.

Definitely check with the rebooking desk to see if they can make you a better deal than you are getting already for the second cruise you booked.:goodvibes
Sometimes booking early will save you more $$ than booking later with the rebooking on board credits factored in. If 10% off (just the cruise fare, btw, not the counting the port charges, fees, taxes, etc) and $200 obc, is better than what you were already quoted, you can cancel and rebook transfering your deposit. Plus, you may find that the deposit required to book the same stateroom is half if you rebook onboard. Not totally sure if they are still extending this benefit, but haven't heard that they aren't.

can any one tell me if we are aloud to take towles from the boat or do we need to bring our own.
Towels are available for excursions, Castaway Cay and all around the pool decks.
However, it's one of our traditions to purchase up a beach towel from Castaway Cay as a souvenir. Who else at your gym or (for me--> ) at Jazzercise class will have a Castaway Cay towel?!!
We are also staying another week in Orlando to hang at a resort wtih pools and a water park, they may have towels, but a couple nice big beach towels are always a nice thing to have. Just a thought...

About to board our red eye fiight to Orlando exactly one week from right now. Hope I am as tired then as I am now, sure would be nice to get 5 hours of sleep on that flight from Seattle to Orlando!

More countdown milestones to come....

Marcy

One week and we're on our way! Waiting 2 years for this cruise has been 23 months too long!

Busy week ahead...everyone travel safe to the Port...see you on the ship!

can any one tell me if we are aloud to take towles from the boat or do we need to bring our own.

They will have bins of them for you to grab as you get off the boat and then they will have empty bins for you to deposit them in when you return to the ship.

Rob

One week from right now we will be landing at MCO :cool1::cool1: Hope this nice weather stays with us until next week as I would like to board the ship in my shorts and tee shirt:thumbsup2

Crab claws and shrimp here I come look out:lmao::lmao:

Rob

We are finally in the home stretch!

I have lots to do in the next few days but most of it had to wait until we got close enough to our travel dates.

I am still trying to firm up our transport to the airport and back. The driver is on vacation in Florida until Sunday! :goodvibes

I just finished my fish extenders - nothing like waiting til the last minute :yay:

Not sure if this is a silly question or not - but how will I find all the rooms? Do they provide a map of the ship in our rooms?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter