March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

:thumbsup2

I got a little "pink" today when I went for a 30 minute walk outside! Spring is coming, ya'll!

I am heading out this weekend for a little moto-cross/cross country riding and hope to get a little tan while out doors:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I can not fathom getting on the boat totally "winter" white :lmao:

Rob

I can not fathom getting on the boat totally "winter" white :lmao:
Rob

Once again, you taunt me. :upsidedow
I would love to move to a warmer climate, but DH wants to stay close to family. :rolleyes:

I'll admit that my 'reward' to myself after the first 10 lbs lost was some "indoor" tanning to not look so much like a beluga whale in the Caribbean! :sunny:

I actually tan pretty easily (and forget this each year as it is 8 months or so between tanning months around here!!) so, will be all set for the trip.

Reward for the second (and last) 10 lbs lost was lighter hair color and a pedicure! Of course, after 20 lbs, I also had to buy new jeans, shorts, belts, workout pants and .... 2 bikinis! Go me! :banana:

Sorry, got off track.

Our heat actually went out this morning too... just to add to it all.
I was able to jimmy the control box with some cardboard (yes, I am the handyman around here) to buy time until the new part can be ordered, received, and installed next Tuesday. It's always something.

Can't wait! and the reasons keep compounding!

Marcy

Well, there is no hope for me. :rotfl: I am so white that I glow in the dark. I don't tan well and only have two colour options - white or red - like fine wine! :lmao:

@Candizfan - that's very patriotic of you. :D I do the fake and bake whenever we go away so I don't scare people away. :rotfl:

Looking out the window right now at more snow. Sigh. But... 2 weeks today we will be at the airport! :cool1:

Xmas515 -

LOL - I had not thought about the patriotic side of my colours...too funny! :lmao:

I have tried the fake tan but it always turns orange on me and is never even. I have bought the really good brands and still...not a good colour for me. So white I will be. At least the family can find me in the crowd! :rotfl:

Candizfan-my 'tan' will match yours! I glow white or bright red! Here's hoping the sunscreen keeps me from the second choice~ never thought of it like fine wine, but I like the comparisson.

Marcy-congrats on achieving your weight loss goal. That is awesome and truly deserves to be rewarded!

Hi all,

This is our first cruise (Disney or otherwise). I wish I would have found this board sooner.

Any our first cruise is a girls'trip (mother,daughter and granddaughter). We are so excited we booked cruise #2 already!

Hi all,

This is our first cruise (Disney or otherwise). I wish I would have found this board sooner.

Any our first cruise is a girls'trip (mother,daughter and granddaughter). We are so excited we booked cruise #2 already!

Welcome HaileyCakes! I'm glad you found us!:cheer2:
How old is the granddaughter?

Well, there is no hope for me. :rotfl: I am so white that I glow in the dark. I don't tan well and only have two colour options - white or red - like fine wine! :lmao:

I'm the same unfortunately. :eek: I lived in England until I was 9 so my excuse is that my skin didn't see sun until we moved to Canada.

Sadly, my DDs both inherited my skin tone...they'll be the skinny white girls by the pool! :lmao:

Can't believe that two weeks from now we'll be in Cocoa Beach. It's hard to believe it's almost here. Just bought the last things on my list this afternoon so we're good to go! :cool1:

Michelle

Well folks it is 14 days till the cruise:cool1: I just check the DCL web site for available excursions and it looks like they are going fast ( at least the ones that my family likes) para sailing or jet ski FULL at Castaway Cay. Some of the more popular ones in St Thomas and St Maarteen are FULL Glad that we booked our excursions early:thumbsup2

We will be staying at the Renaissance right outside the airport the Friday night before the cruise so if anyone else is staying there and would like to meet up at the hotel bar for a pre cruise meet send me a PM.

Rob

I have so many last minute things to do in the next 12 days. We leave on Thursday night. I wanted to have all day Friday to visit friends and then head to the coast.

If you name a TA when you book while onboard, you will get DCL's OBC as well as the TA's OBC, which can be up to double the amount DCL offers. I use Korrine with Cruise Adventure Travel at Korrine@cruiseadventuretravel.com. She has been great to work with, and has offered the most OBCs of anyone I've seen. We didn't know any better when we booked this on onboard, but transferred my ressie to her back in November and she gave me an additional $225 in OBC for the transfer. She said it would have been about $400 if I had named her first. Anyway, it costs us nothing to use her, and it hasn't hindered my "control" of my reservation in any way (I've still been able to contact DCL and make changes if I needed to, or I've e-mailed her and she is able to make them for me). She is a cruise expert, and used to be a Disney CM. She loves working with DCL.
Anyway, enough of my 'sales pitch' for her. I am still just so thrilled that I found her! It is well worth it to me to have more OBCs and let someone else worry about contacting DCL if anything goes wrong or needs changing. :thumbsup2

We used Costco they give you a after cruise credit. It is mailed to you after the cruise/ We are getting about 355 back on 7a three person reservation.
Can you use the onboard credit to pay tips??

Hi all,

Congrats on finding us. Make sure to meet up at 3pm in the lounge if you did not see the post. It is great to meet up for the kids and parents to have familiar smiling faces to see or visit with thoughout the trip.

Marcy -- way to go...

We used Costco they give you a after cruise credit. It is mailed to you after the cruise/ We are getting about 355 back on 7a three person reservation.
Can you use the onboard credit to pay tips??

Yes you can use your OBC for tips . Just wait until you're on the ship.

2 weeks!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Time to start packing -- :dance3:
We leave on the 9th and arrive then too ! Kids have 7 more days of school before we go.

We will make sure we are in the lounge. It will be awesome to put face to screen names :) Granddaughter is 5 and she is excited but I don't think fully understands how much fun this will be.

12 days, 9 hours, 57 minutes, 47 seconds...

I'm so excited I can hardly stand it! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm resisting the temptation to pack this weekend. Don't want everything to get all crumpled from sitting in the suitcase for two weeks! :)

Two weeks from tonight......

Michelle

We're getting so close now (less than 2 weeks) :cheer2::cheer2: so we're down to the last trivial details.

What do you use to carry your KTTW card around while on board? I've heard about lanyards but not sure where to get them. You can buy lanyards at the dollar store but do the cards have holes in them so you can attach the lanyard? :confused:

I'm just concerned that if my DD doesn't have the card attached to her somehow, she'll lose it! ;)

Thanks. Michelle

I will jump on the countdown bandwagon too!!! I am finishing the last min stuff this weekend for myself and saving next weekend for last min kid stuff. I agree that I am tempted to pack but I am afraid I will forget what I have packed!!!!
Yep... a little North Texas sun and sons lacrosse game left my family with bright sunburned faces yesterday. Guess we can call it a base tan?? :)

I always use the lanyards for my card. I never have pockets and refuse to take a purse around!!! In the room I make the kids put them in the shoe hanger when they walk in the door so we don't lose them in the cabin!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter