March 12, 2011 Eastern Caribbean, Let's rock the Magic!

Hey Marcy,

Why is our cruise meets no longer on the site for others to find us?? Only saw march 10 and 13th.

You are so making us jealious of the Martini tasting. I would be so up for that. Never ever drink at home so would be fun for vacation.

It's still there....are you sure you looked in the MAGIC link or were you possibly looking at the 2011 DREAM links...??

Hey Marcy,
You are so making us jealious of the Martini tasting. I would be so up for that. Never ever drink at home so would be fun for vacation.

Ha! I just realized that picture is actually from Tequila tasting! (did that too :rolleyes1)
They also offer wine and beer tastings along with martini, although, since this is an Eastern, not Western that goes to Mexico, they may have Rum instead of tequila??
If you are not much of a drinker, these classes are great because when you do choose to have something, may as well be something you know you like and is of high quality!

We did a champagne tasting in Vegas one time, we got to taste stuff we'd NEVER afford a real bottle of. Man, the mega rich know how to live!:cool2:

Marcy

Wow I am late getting to the party! DIdn't know about all these forums. We are taking our first Disney cruise with this trip...but have been to WDW many, many times. Looking forward to a beautiful experience.

Does anyone know if we will be able to book excursions once on board? One of the ones we really wanted to take appears filled, or is blocked for booking online. WOndered if we have any chance of booking once we get on board.

Sorry, another question. We are traveling with friends and had planned on the boys (ages 8-12) being able to gather together in the youth areas of the boat...however once we paid in full and began accessing details of the boat, we learned that the Magic separates kids ages 6-10 and then 11-13/14. Does anyone know if the kids will be able to enter areas that is outside of their age-group?

:welcome: engaged@disney!
Great screen name! Where was the proposal? Is there a great story you can share?

Welcome to the DIS boards too! We are all Disney nuts, feeding way too much of our hard earned income to that Mouse!

You are going to love the cruiseline! This is our 4th cruise.

About the excursions.... There is an excursion desk on the ship near Guest Services. I don't know if they hold back spots so people can book from the ship, but I kind of think that some excursions fill up and that's it. Most of them are operated by an independent contractor approved by Disney and when the "boat is full, it's full." They may not want to leave the contractor with a 1/2 full group just on the chance that people will book it after boarding the ship.

Which excursions were you looking at? A lot of times on the Islands there are similar trips you can book on your own. They can be cheaper too, but research it first and be aware that if they get you back late, the ship doesn't wait for you.

On Castaway Cay, the boating activities fill up and that's in (such as water skiing or bottom fishing).

Anyone else have some input? This is just my insight from my limited experience. :)

I will add your name to the master list... I think I have that on page 8, post 119. If you want to post up your first names for this list?
We are meeting as a group (everyone on this thread who want to) on embarkation day at 3:00pm in the Promenade Lounge.

See you there!

Marcy

Kids clubs seem to be a little "hazy" on the rules..The changes are new since my last cruise, but I've tried to gather what I can from the Disboard threads. Seems like if they are within a year of a particular limit, you may be able to move a kid up or down, but once they are in a "group", they generally have to stay there (can't do the tween group and move to the kids group and back and forth).

There is the tween group, the teen group and the kiddos. Then there is "out and about" too, which allows kids that are atleast 8 years old (and given authority from the parents to check themselves in and out) to leave the kids club and go to a planned activity, like shuffleboard.....This group seems to mix the 8-10 year olds and tweens....

Again, I've not been since they've done all the restructuring...but this is what I've gathered.

**BTW....I was engaged at Disney too! Actually at the Grand Floridian (short weekend and we didn't visit the parks, just GF)....so Disney always a special place for me!! Welcome to the cruise group!***

Ashley

Sorry, another question. We are traveling with friends and had planned on the boys (ages 8-12) being able to gather together in the youth areas of the boat...however once we paid in full and began accessing details of the boat, we learned that the Magic separates kids ages 6-10 and then 11-13/14. Does anyone know if the kids will be able to enter areas that is outside of their age-group?

Hi! We have dueling posts going on...
I have a 10 year old son and he will be happy to know there will be boys his age to meet and maybe hang with!
One thing DCL has done to make it easier for friends/relatives/siblings to be in activities together is to list the actual activity happening at any one time at which ever club or location in the Navigator. You get your Navigator the night before so you can plan out your day.
They separate out the activities by type (sports, arts & crafts, etc.) and offer suggested ages ranges but are no longer enforcing ages separations.

Depending, however, the 12 year old may find kids his age and want to be in the 11-13 area. The Teen area is strict about age, however (14-17). The 11-13 are is more strict, but that area is where there is a docking simulator and is sometimes open to families. Check the Navigator.
There area also open areas where they will all have fun together such as the Goofy pool Deck, the Arcade, the sports court, outdoor areas of decks 9 & 10 in general, and the Walt Disney (movie) theater.

Hope that helps, and don't ever apologize for questions around here! This is the place to get answers!:thumbsup2

Marcy

I finally booked a room for the Friday night before we get on the ship. We are going to stay at the Holiday Inn in Cocoa Beach for the night. We will have a rental car to get around since we fly in on Thursday night.

We are starting to get closer and the planning is being finalized. :cool1:

Wanted to give a tip some may know and some may not, but we have found helpful....bring hooks to hang in the shower for swimsuits...they are great to hang up suits to dry in between swims.

Started gathering odds and ends today for the trip...

We are now at 39 days till we leave! I can't wait. :cool1:

We have had so much snow and cold this year that I am really looking forward to some better weather.

:surfweb:

We are now at 39 days till we leave! I can't wait. :cool1:

We have had so much snow and cold this year that I am really looking forward to some better weather.

:surfweb:

I totally hear you! The snow is bad enough, but last weekend's freezing cold weather just about did me in!

In 7 weeks, we'll be on the ship. YEAH!!! :cheer2:

This morning my DDs and I made our stateroom door magnet. This afternoon, we're making pirate eye patches for pirate night. Aaarrgh!! pirate:

Michelle

Thank you for posting the other information for tours in St Martin -- Looks like a good deal. Last time my sp & I just took a taxi around. I sure we did not get the best of the island like this one does.

Keep warm everyone!!

FYI --- this is the best time of year to be in PHOENIX, AZ
The weather is great and so much to do. Just had the car show. This week is the Golf Open, then Horse shows, then spring training starts.

Arizona would be nice right now. It is freezing here! :scared1:

Has anyone ever rented a car in St Thomas before? I don't want to spent $10 each way per person to get to Coral World. :scared1:

Thanks.

I totally hear you! The snow is bad enough, but last weekend's freezing cold weather just about did me in!

In 7 weeks, we'll be on the ship. YEAH!!! :cheer2:

This morning my DDs and I made our stateroom door magnet. This afternoon, we're making pirate eye patches for pirate night. Aaarrgh!! pirate:

Michelle

i dont know about you, But I'm going to be on the ship in 6 weeks lol :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think I found something to do in St Maarten.

http://stmaartencruiseexcursions.com/IslandTourBeachBreak.htm#Reservation Form

Scroll to the top of the page for a discription.

I used this company to book a different tour the last time we were in St. Maarten and it was well organized and well run. It was a great value too. I am hoping we have luck with this one as well. :cool1:

Hi!
Hey this tour looks really great! Only $41 for 6 hours!
What times exactly are you booked for? (pick up time?)

We didn't book anything on St. Maartin, I really want to go to Maho Beach to see the planes come in, but after that, I'd love 6 hours of planned touring and beach time with guaranteed beach chairs, pool and cocktails!

Marcy

They pick you up a half hour after you dock. They monitor the ships so if you arrive late, they still pick you up for your tour. I figured we would go see the planes after if we feel like it.

This package also includes two cocktails for each person. I imagine the kids can have soda (pop).

We did the three island snorkel excursion with this company the last time we were in St Marrten. It was more than the Disney excursion and less money. Plus it was a smaller group which I always like. That way they can adjust the trip based on what the small group might like to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter