March 11, 2006 - 7 Day Magic

Jennifer...I am glad the pixie dust worked for your son! :sunny: There is definitely something going around. My DS started having a sore throad over the weekend so my husband took him to the doctor on Tuesday (he said he was feeling better Monday) and it turned out he had strep throat. He hates the medicine, so that is a battle twice a day. The nurse told him one shot would take care of it all, but he would rather take the TERRIBLE tasting medicine than have a shot. I would have taken the shot in a second! :teeth: We are really watching my DD closely to make sure she doesn't start showing any signs of anything.

I loved reading all of your SHIP WIT! You are really funny! :lmao:

I will be happy to pick up some postcards in the airport for Houston, if anyone wants one. That is a fun idea. I am with Leslie...I had a man from one of the other threads send my DD and DS a postcard to my husband's work. They really turned out cute. He signed them from some of the characters and said something to the effect of how excited they are that we are going to sail with them. We are going to give them to the kids next week before we go. People are for the most part really nice and helpful, but you can never be too careful in this crazy world! :sad2:

I am looking forward to getting on a plane in about 1 WEEK and 9 HOURS! I am excited about meeting all of you too. I feel like a know something about each of you. :grouphug:

Are there any other Andy Griffith fans out there mourning the loss of "Barney"? I have loved that show since I was a little kid. It has always been one of my dad's favorites and we would watch together. When I am at his house and it is on, we still do. Definitely one of my favorite childhood memories...sitting with dad and laughing at Andy and Barney. I LOVE Ron Howard still! :love:

I am REALLY confused about the alcohol policy. I cant find anywhere that Disney actually addresses this question themselves. Some people say they don't really care as long as it is not iced, others say they smuggle it in, others say they just walk right on board. Also the cooler question, Disney does state no coolers unless medically needed, but many people talk abour bringing the rolling softsided ones without ice and stockes with beer. So I am really confused. We bought two rolling softsided coolers, and plan to stop at a grocery store on the way to the ship to stock up and then carry them on, but I really don't want them to be taken from us!!!

I really don't think Disney would take anything from you... unless of course it was a weapon or something dangerous...;)
I have heard of other cruise lines confiscating bottles of wine etc... but I have never had a problem bringing anything on board with Disney. I have never used a cooler though.... but others seem to have used the softsided ones with no problem. I just think they don't want those big hard sided ones.
Has anyone ever called and asked about bringing beverages onboard??

Has anyone ever heard of anything being confiscated? Perhaps a question on the general thread is in order.... but watch out for the flame throwers....:rotfl2:

So DH has a nasty cold right now. What's the general opinion on Airborne? Does the stuff really work? I'd hate for the rest of the family to catch DH's cold right when the cruise is to start. BTW, DCL will let you on the ship with a cold and the sniffles, right? I hear they have CMs watching the boarding area and will pull you aside if you appear sick, but I was thinking that was if you looked like you had the flu. But how can they tell? :confused3

I need pixie dust again. My ds5 came home from school today with a .... fever! i hope its just a 24 thing like my other one. :scared: :headache:

btw, I went to Sams to stock up on Airborne. It really does work! Its no magic pill, it has echinechia(sp) and like 15 different herbs and vitamins so it boosts your immune system. We have used it many times. I think it tastes yummy, kind of like fizzy tang.

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

OK, think I will try the Airborne. We've already had enough illness around here. A stomach virus was going around the schools and both my boys had that already. Then DS8 had strep throat that took two rounds of antibiotics to get rid of. Keeping our fingers crossed for the next week.

One week from today we're on an airplane headed to sunny Florida. :Pinkbounc

Ug, its 3:30 am and I just woke up with a terribly stuffy noce and a sore throat! My whole family has been passing around strep throat now for over a month and I thought we were done! My hubby went to the dr. for antibiotics last weekend and I have been literally spraying EVERYTHING down with Lysol, using hand sanitizer like crazy, AND making everyone take an Airborne a day! But now I feel terrible! Looks like "I" will be the one at the doctors office on Monday morning BEGGING for meds!

Airborne is AWESOME! I had it with me last year when my daughter was sick on the ship. She passed it around to us in the room, but the Airborne kept us from getting it too badly, and I think it got her well faster!

GOOD MORNING CRUISERS!!!
:banana::banana:
:cool1: :cheer2: ONE WEEK :cheer2: :cool1:
from today we will be heading to the PORT!!!!!!
Okay maybe not quite yet since it's early but we'll surely be ready to go!!

We'll be passing you on the road Pin Diva!! :banana: :banana: We'll be the van of screaming kids (and mom!) on the Beach Line (formerly the Bee Line!)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :sunny: :sunny:

I have to say - the only disappointing this is that the anticipation that has driven me for more than a year will be coming to an end! :rotfl:

Here Kcarl, pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: You need some pixie dust!! My ds5 woke up @ 1:30 last night with a high fever. I just used my momometer, Hey it was 1:30!. So I gave him some motrin and ended up sleeping with him in his bed. I hope you all get better before this weekend!!Hey its better to get sick now than on the ship!!!Weve still got almost a week to get over it all!

:hourglass

Well, DS and I are now packed - DH will do his tomorrow...We're SOOOOOO excited :Pinkbounc !!!

I called DCL today to order a couple of gifts to the room and asked about their policy about bringin alcohol/water/etc onboard and it's all good...the guy I spoke with said "No Problem!" :woohoo:

Hope all who are struggling with a cold of somekind are feeling better soon, but then again, it's likely to be better to be sick on vacation that not have a vacation at all :rotfl2:

I'm almost all packed....still have formal & semi formal wear to be packed!!!!!

So did you order anything for yourself????? I ordered the Bon Voyage Memory Box....I can't wait to see it!!!!!

We are going to have to cancel our trip.

I was under the impression this cruise was sold out so if anyone has tried to add additional people unsuccessfully this will open up two rooms and 5 spots.

You can PM me if you need details about the rooms.

I wish you all a safe trip and hope you have wonderful weather.

Tammy

We ordered the Island Memory Box for our DS and my parents ordered him the b-day extravaganza. I also ordered the fruit & cheese tray (for DS & DH upon arrival) and the sweet beginnings/elegant goodbye (??can't remember exact name) wine package for my DH.

I didn't order anything for myself :sad2: (except the Cabana Massage at Castaway :woohoo: )

Tammy...sorry you had to cancel. Hope everything turns out ok.

Melissa

I think you got yourself the best gift.....a Cabana Massage at Castaway sounds.....heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!

YEA!!!! One more week! We're first timers so lease be gentle! lol I've got one who started with the cold and fever yesterday. I hope he doesn't give it o to the rest of us. We've got the noisy in-laws with us, so if you hear loud people on Deck 6 in the front of the ship, it's not me. Is there a meet planned. I've been so busy lately, I haven't had time to catch up.
Terrie

:cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter