March 11, 2006 - 7 Day Magic

Can anyone tell me about the rainforest room? When and where do you book it - I didn't see it in spa reservations - did I miss it? I have read a lot of messages about it and that it is cheap but have no idea what it is. Thanks. I went out this weekend and bought a bunch of clothes for the trip for my kids - not needed but yet so much fun!

otoole, the rainforest room is in the spa area. You dont need ressies for this. You can sign up at the spa reception desk. I didnt even know it was there the first time i cruised. and the second, i found it toward the end. It is basically a self serve spa. there are heated tiled loungers as soon as you walk in. And there are several different rooms with different aromas and they are either dry sauna or steam. My dh and i love the eucaliptus(sp) room best. It is tiny but man, it will clear your sinuses quick.HTH
jennifer

otoole...you definately do NOT want to go to the Rainforest Room ;) ;) It is the worst place on the ship.;) ;) It's hot, steamy, claustrophobic, no view, and it's exhorbitantly expensive. ;) ;) It's not on the spa list because no one really likes to go there....;);) Besides.. I believe all the heated tile loungers have already been reserved.......:teeth:

I pulled mine out of the closet and started throwing some stuff in over the weekend... not in an organized fashion or anything - but just little stuff we bought this weekend.

I know it will drive my husband nuts seeing it sitting in the bedroom like that - but to me - it's pure excitement!! :cool1:

Does anyone know if anything special will take place on St. Pat's Day? It is this week, right?

MickeyMania said:
I pulled mine out of the closet and started throwing some stuff in over the weekend... not in an organized fashion or anything - but just little stuff we bought this weekend.

I know it will drive my husband nuts seeing it sitting in the bedroom like that - but to me - it's pure excitement!! :cool1:

Not only are the suitcases out...but I have decided on all my clothes...everything is ironed and by Sunday night the suitcases will be packed and ready to go in the car Tuesday night so we can start our drive on Wednesday morning....I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to be like the little kid on the WDW commericals on Tuesday and Friday night....too excited to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mickey&JoshNut said:
Not only are the suitcases out...but I have decided on all my clothes...everything is ironed and by Sunday night the suitcases will be packed and ready to go in the car Tuesday night so we can start our drive on Wednesday morning....I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'm going to be like the little kid on the WDW commericals on Tuesday and Friday night....too excited to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are so organized. :thumbsup2 Afraid that is not the case with me. I DO have my suitcases out. Also driving my DH crazy. Just throwing things in and crossing them off the list as I go. But I know I will end up doing a lot of it at the last minute, as usual.

Anybody else read the thread about kids bad behavior?? It really got heated and the moderator closed it. However, there were a few good things to keep in mind if you've got small children. The most important tip from the thread was to try to keep the kids on a schedule if at all possible. Overtired kids=meltdowns=cranky parents. :crazy2: I'm just hoping we avoid too many meltdowns during the trip. My two DSs alternate between adoring each other or trying to kill each other. :scared:

So, if you see someone on the cruise with two angelic boys, that's us. If you see someone who looks suspiciously like me, but with two monstrous brats, it must be my evil twin. :blush:

amesmom, I read a little of the thread. I didnt dare to post though!! It got the same way on the should you pull your kids out of school thread. Man, people get so testie when it comes to their kids. Im lucky, my kids actually do travel well. Im hoping it will be easier on their bodies this time since we wont be changing any time zones. We have always come from CA, and now we live in Va, so im expecting model citizen behavior :teeth: . But just like Amesmom said, if they are acting like hooligans, they must be HIS kids. When they are good, their my boys, when their bad, their his. Thats the way it works right? :confused3 ;)

unger5 said:
Does anyone know if anything special will take place on St. Pat's Day? It is this week, right?

You know, I've asked the general cruise board that question, and I've seen someone else ask it, and no one has ever answered. Makes you wonder what the deep dark secret is, doesn't it?

I hope everyone on this cruise knows what a honor it is to have Leslie along. With her on the cruise, your entertainment value just went way up! :thumbsup2

Hi Elaine - I hope everyone has a great cruise! Just remember, no horseback riding or pin lines allowed. :teeth:

Ken

:banana: :Pinkbounc I LOVE SINGLE DIGITS :woohoo: :cheer2:
Happy Birthday Leslie pixiedust:

I've also been pre-packing. No current need for shorts, tanks and short sleeve shirts for us, so I washed everything this weekend and made 'outfit' piles on the guest room bed. DH is on his own. I'm hoping to get everthing but undies packed this weekend, do laundry after work Wed. and off we go!

I saw bad things in the OP of the parenting thread that was closed - just sat back and waited for it to get ugly...

DH & I are mean parents, DSs have to follow normal rules of life, even on vacation! I'm a little nervous how this will play out with MIL traveleing with us. She doesn't like us correcting/disciplining the kids when she is around. She likes to interrupt and say things like "It's OK", or "They're just kids". Never mind that they were extremely strict with DH & DBIL when they were kids. Must be good to be the Grandma!

Sorry...mini vent!

So here's my question... It seems like many of you travel in 'family groups". How does it go? I'm getting nervous. I've never vacationed with anyone outside my immediate family (even as a kid). I LOVE MIL & FIL - I did great in the in-law lottery, but we are very different personality-wise. I'm pretty laid back, don't freak out about much. MIL can be very intense (she'll also be everyone's best friend 10 minutes into our deck party!). OK, I'm having one of those days when I just need a :grouphug:

sk8ingmom....sending a :grouphug: your way....

About travelling with a "family group"....when we went on the May Repo cruise....we travelled with approximately 385 Dis'ers....a few knew each other but many of us "met" on the boards and our sailaway party was our first face-to-face meeting with people....we had so much fun...it was like a family wedding. This is the cruise that I met Leslie and Joe on and we have been friends ever since. It is really fun to see a familiar face when you walk down the hall or walking down the street in a foreign port.

Oh - I hope no one thought I meant you guys! I meant those of you who travel with parents, brothers, sisters, neices, nephews, in-laws, neighbors, etc. I'm getting nervous about vacationing with the in-laws!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter