March 11, 2006 - 7 Day Magic

Just wanted to count us in for the 3/11 Magic Western. Myself (39), Todd (40), 3 kids (7 dd, 5 ds, 3 ds), my parents and my brother. It's our first cruise and we are really excited!

I am doing the doc dance! :cool1: Finally! I live closer than anyone in our group - and here I am - the last to get them. But it doesn't make a difference - now does it!! :teeth:

I have to say I was displeased to see Bob - our AAA agent - opened our envelope and pawed through our docs. What's that about?! I think he's jealous! :thumbsup2

Can you tell I am loopy... too many hours writing too many stories... Calgon! Or better yet - DCL - take me away!

Okay - I've never posted a picture, but I'll try this:

I actually spent much of my time this evening working on my Walk for Autism page. And since I've posted pictures there you can see:

http://www.autismwalk.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1188&px=1411922
(scroll down for the family pic)

More about our story:
http://www.autismwalk.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=1188&team_id=41640

This is not a solicitation... I repeat, not a solicitation! )But if you know someone who is interested in walking - by all means pass the info along! :cheer2: )

Good Night and Good Luck!

Welcome Unger5! :cheer2:

Cute kids everyone! Can't figure out the photo thing yet. Will work on it.

Here's us:
hockeysmall.jpg

We'll be leaving the hockey gear at home!
(sorry the photo is so HUGE I can't figure out how to make it smaller)

:welcome: unger5 :welcome:

I have to say this... McSteamy is soooo much hotter thank McDreamy!!! In a different way, but oh man... HOOOOOTTTT!!!

We WERE going to get married on this cruise but changed our minds and got married at home (mainly due to this is my 2nd, his 1st, and his family really wanted to be there!) Turned out it was fabulous, he is faboulous and drop dead gorgeous, and... well we ARE still newlyweds so I will stop the gushing!!!:lovestruc
I am simply giddy at this point! I just can't wait to meet all of you!

BTW - If you WANT to post photos the best way is this:

go to photobucket.com
download your photos
under your downloaded photos, there is an "IMG" link
cut and paste it into your reply

Simple! I am really excited from the photos that I have seen! It will be so nice to see people I "know" on the ship!!!

Watch out for my dad! He has already contacted the house band "High Society" and should be playing bass guitart for them while on the ship!!!!

OK someone has GOT to fill me in! You're killin' me. I LOVE Grey's Anatomy - Tivo it every Sunday (I usually play hockey Sun. nights) but I Tivo'd the Olympics this week (I was an ice dancer long before I was a hockey player).

WHAT HAPPENED ON THE SHOW????

MickeyMania said:
I have to say I was displeased to see Bob - our AAA agent - opened our envelope and pawed through our docs. What's that about?! I think he's jealous! :thumbsup2
!

I believe they're supposed to open them in order to make sure everything is present and correct before passing them along, since it's their job to fix it if there's a problem.

:welcome: Unger5!

Let me know if you want to be added to the roll call and pass along the info that's fit to print. The one thing I haven't been doing is posting kids' names, but if you're travelling with other adults we'll describe them any way you like (as long as we keep it polite. ;) )

McSteamy refers to the man that Addison had an affair with. He arrives and preceeds to hit on Allison only to have McDreamy punch him, he then preceeds to try to convince Addison that she is not in a happy marriage and should be with him.

On a totally spearate note: I AM SO HAPPY! I have been checking my confirmation obsessively for months because we were on the waitlist for the early seating since last June and the idea of holding off dinner until 8:00 for my two children (it takes everything to stop them from eating everything in the fridge before dinner) was my one apprehension about the cruise. I have been trying to convince myself that it would be okay if it didn't get changed -we could see shows earlier (we are not on any planned excursions so arriving back to the ship wasn't a concern), dine at topsiders or room service some nights (although I figure if we are paying this much on a vacation I prefer not to eat dinner at a buffet or in my cabin) when....WE GOT THE EARLIER SEATING! I AM SO HAPPY...SO HAPPY...SO HAPPY!

I will not be posting a picture of my family - I am busy trying to do report cards right now, purchase things needed for the trip, and soon pack - and we moved before Christmas and still don't have the scanner, etc. unpacked. You will have to wait until the cruise I am afraid. :cool1:

Mortlives said:
:welcome: Unger5!

Let me know if you want to be added to the roll call and pass along the info that's fit to print. The one thing I haven't been doing is posting kids' names, but if you're travelling with other adults we'll describe them any way you like (as long as we keep it polite. ;) )

Thanks!~ We'd love to be added. Do you know what night the theme dinner is on this cruise? Is there just one? What about the dining rotations - why would we want a specific one?

By the way, how do you view the roll call? Are there any others with kids these ages? (3yo son, 5 yo son, 7 yo daughter?)

:welcome: unger5 :welcome:[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I have a 5 1/2 year old boy who just started ice hockey this year! He really loved it! Maybe Luke and your sons will get along well on the ship! Do they ever go to the club? Have you cruised before with them?

Please let me know if you want to be included in our roll call.

Morticia (me) 41, DH 42, and DS 14.
tross (Tammy) and DH also 40somethings, DS14, DS12, DS9
MickeyMania (Colleen), Andrew, DS6, DD3.
sk8ingmom (M.) 33, Steve 34, DS7, DS5, MIL (Evelyn) 59, FIL (Wayne) 60 party:
CastawayStowaway (Jennifer), Ben, DS9, DS5
fcrouch (Fred), Maureen, DD5
CBEB, DH and DD9
I'mWong (Laura), Greg, DD9 and DS6/7 (cruise birthday boy!)
otoole, DH, DS6, DD4
kcarl021, DH, DD6, DM, DF, GF, GFDH, GFDD5 party:
DisneyPinDiva (Leslie), Joe
Choople (Katherine)49, Mark 45, DD17, DD15
Mickey&JoshNut (Elaine) and Margaret
Amesmom (Lori) and Mike (both 42), DS8 and DS5.
sailingpartyof10, DH, DS3, DD1, sister, BIL, their DS8, DD4, and DS6months, sister's MIL party:
unger5 (39), Todd (40), dd7, ds5,ds3, DM, DF, DB party:

Hello Mortlives,

I have chosen to give my teenagers charging priviliges, but the rules of the game are clear...food and drinks are fine...any clothes, etc have to be talked about.

I think the authorization just saves you the hassle everytime they want to purchase snacks...

Just my two cents.

I will be posting a picture but have to scan the one in....so by the weekend...

14 days till we leave Canada..yahoooooo :cool1: pixiedust:

Unger5: The only real theme night is Pirates In The Caribbean party on Wednesday evening. Lots of the kids dress up and some adults. Our whole family will be planning to dress up. DCL suggests pirate or tropical attire. DCL gives you pirate bandanas at dinner. Then there is a party, show and fireworks (weather permitting) all on deck 9 & 10 from 9:45 - 11:00. Makes kind of a late night for little kids, but we wouldn't miss it. We just hope our character breakfast isn't the next morning. We won't find out until we get our dining rotation on the ship. I made a request, but :confused3

The other nights to think about attire are the formal night on Monday and the semi-formal night on Thursday. (Is that right, everyone?) I think I got the dates right.

If you want to extra planning (No one on this board does that, do they???), you can see the Navigators from one of the January cruises elsewhere on this board. I think under FAQ.

By the way, I have a DS5 as well. Maybe they will hook up at the club.

Are we all still meeting at the sail away party? Wearing lime green?

unger5 said:
I have a 5 1/2 year old boy who just started ice hockey this year!

Our kiddos are the same age, our bigger one is 7 & our smaller DS is also 5 1/2. He also started hockey this year, although he's been skating for about 3 years. My kiddos love going to the clubs. They tend to go for about 1-2 hours at a time based on the club activities they want to do & our spa/Palo ressies. They weren't thrilled with the club on CC when we sent them there so we could snorkel for a while. Gma & Gpa will be with us this time and I discovered that I don't really like snorkeling, so I guess they will avoid the CC club.

Hey Mort - what about letting grown men have charging priviledges? My DH spent more on video games than most teenage boys!

Thanks for the info. about posting photos. I got some help from tech support as well, so I am armed with my directions and will give it a try when I have time. DH is the technical one in the family. kcarl021: Your dad sounds great! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter