March 11-18 Western Magic

DisneyChick216

Earning My Ears
Hi All,
Sorry it took me until today to post my report but I have been recuperating all weekend from the phenomenal time we had! This was our family's first cruise but my in-laws have been on nummerous cruises on other cruise lines. They said it was the best cruise they have ever been on. We had a blast. The kid's spent more time at the teen's club then with us and the only thing I didn't like was that, after it closed at 2am, they weren't sent back to their rooms. Several nights I had to go hunt down my daughter and my niece but after that, we issued a curfew, or else. I spent the day we were in Mexico on the ship while everyone else went on excursions. Best thing I could have done! I played Bingo, went to the matinee showing of the Shaggy Dog and found my favorite place to relax. You have to go on the Promenade deck under the lifeboats about midship. There are comfortable wooden lounges with cushions and hardly anyone goes there. I was in the shade with a slight breeze and, as a person who can't sit still for 5 minutes, I slept like a baby for about an hour.We didn't do Palo but we had a great dinner every night. Our server Darius was super asns his assistant David was on his first week. We had that boy trained by the time we left lol I read the thread about what a horrible time someone had the week before on the Eastern cruise. I knew about the emergency stop in Puerto Rico and the rough seas, as Jaimee told us about it on the ship tour.Other than that though, I can't understand how anyone could have a lousy time on this cruise. The shows were great, the food was outstanding and the service was just what I thought Disney would give us. We live in Orlando and tend to expect alot out of Disney. We definitely got what we expected and then some. Maybe it was because my kids are older but I didn't see any problems with the kids from the Lab.We were on Deck 6 Forward which was right above them. They were noisy during the day but anytime they were taken other places on the ship, they were well behaved. I could go on and on but I do have a ton of laundry left to do.
Terrie :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc

Please tell us more when you have time. I'm glad you found some time to relax on your own. I think I would enjoy the same.

:goodvibes

Glad to hear a recent trip report. We are going on the western/magic on april 8th.

Did you stop at Cozumel? And how was it? That seems to be the "magic" question of the year!

lak said:
Glad to hear a recent trip report. We are going on the western/magic on april 8th.

You'll love it!

Did you stop at Cozumel? And how was it? That seems to be the "magic" question of the year!

No, we went to Costa Maya and I wasn't very impressed. Although I only got off the ship for about an hour and walked around the market when you first get off the boat. My DH and DS went to the Mayan Ruins and they said it was okay. My MIL, FIL and Niece went Parasailing and they enjoyed it. They did not book it from the ship, they got off the ship and there was a para sailing booth right there.
Terrie

How was the sea? Any motion sickness? Did you re-book? What cat. Stateroom did you have?

Can you tell I'm curious?

How was the sea? Any motion sickness?
There was a bit of rocking our two days at sea but other than that it was perfect.

Did you re-book? What cat. Stateroom did you have?
I didn't rebook because I have APs at WDW and would rather wait for an AP or FL Resident rate.
We were in a Cat 7 and the porthole was great. It was a bit tight when all four of us were trying to get dressed for dinner but most of the time, we were fine. We were in 6016 Forward/Starboard side. It had the queen bed, convertible couch and pull down bed. :banana:

Can you tell I'm curious?[/QUOTE]

Hope it's OK if I chime in on the 3/11-3/18 Western. No motion sickness at all on the trip, but we had fantastic weather and calm seas. I know DCL can't take credit for that, but it sure helped make the trip even better.

It is hard to believe that anyone wouldn't have a great cruise. We've been on several and loved everyone. We went on a couple when Disney used the Big Red Boat. 1992 & 1994. Joined DVC in 2000. At a soon to be 63 the Magic is still their for us. 24 Days till our next cruise, Hopefully you'll enjoy it for a lot more years. :cool1:

Terrie:
A call to DCL for movies showing on 3/25 cruise, has a list that does not include Narnia... did you get to see it?

Terrie:
A call to DCL for movies showing on 3/25 cruise, has a list that does not include Narnia... did you get to see it?

Narnia was shown twice in the Buena Vista Theater. They were both during the day and I think it was both days we were at sea.

Maybe they will have Narnia on the tv channel showing movies since it is out on DVD on March 28th.

Your trip sounds great-thanks for posting.

DisneyChick216, I was wondering if your DH and DS can tell me anything about the ruins tour they did on Costa Maya. We are booked for that excursion when we sail in June. How long was the bus ride and was it air-conditioned? (Yes, I'm AC spoiled ;) ) What were the ruins like? Were you allowed to take pictures? Any info would be greatly appreciated! TIA! :)

LADYnTRAMP said:
DisneyChick216, I was wondering if your DH and DS can tell me anything about the ruins tour they did on Costa Maya. We are booked for that excursion when we sail in June. How long was the bus ride and was it air-conditioned? (Yes, I'm AC spoiled ;) ) What were the ruins like? Were you allowed to take pictures? Any info would be greatly appreciated! TIA! :)

We did the Chacchoben Ruins tour in Feb. 2006 - we really enjoyed it. The tour left about noon, about 1 hour bus ride there, 2 to 2.5 hour tour, and 1 hour ride back - arrived back at dock by 4:30.

Busses were new, comfortable, clean and cool - same quality as the DCL busses.

You can take all the pictures you want - they take group shots of you which you can purchase for $10 (no high pressure sales pitch). The ruins themselves are really cool - newly discovered, so you really feel like you are going back in time as you tour them. This was one of the highlights of our trip. We booked through DCL - our guide was Esbile - he was of Mayan descent and was outstanding. Much of the ruins are covered by thick forest, so it is fairly shady.

There is a great web site that describes the ruins: www.chacchobenruins.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter