• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 10 announcement?

Just saw on CC that the Port of Galveston is going to be announcing another ship but everything is closed lip. Could it be the Disney Magic? Disney can go to CC from both NYC and Texas!

Yeah, it probably was a rumour. boo......:sad1:

well, I'm still checking at 9:01pst to see if there is a change on the website. I still can't believe they haven't released 2012 itinerary yet. DCL is going to "miss the boat" on people planning their vacations next year if they don't hurry up and release. On Royal Caribbean you can book up to October of 2012. For us, we've already begun thinking about where we want to go...

Actually, for Caribbean cruises, you can only book the Oasis and Allure for summer 2012 in the Caribbean. You can't book any other caribbean cruises for May through September 2012 and even the Oasis/Allure stop at September. They have yet to announce fall 2012 cruises similar to the Fantasy which can be booked through December 2012.

Try booking the Freedom of the Seas for May through September 2012. It can't be done so DCL is not that far behind (yet). Plus, DCL announced summer 2012 for the Caribbean/Bahamas long before CCL announced their summer 2012 itineraries for the same locations.

Actually, for Caribbean cruises, you can only book the Oasis and Allure for summer 2012 in the Caribbean. You can't book any other caribbean cruises for May through September 2012 and even the Oasis/Allure stop at September. They have yet to announce fall 2012 cruises similar to the Fantasy which can be booked through December 2012.

Try booking the Freedom of the Seas for May through September 2012. It can't be done so DCL is not that far behind (yet). Plus, DCL announced summer 2012 for the Caribbean/Bahamas long before CCL announced their summer 2012 itineraries for the same locations.

While you can't book RCL cruises after a certain date, at least you can already look up the dates and itineraries and start planning a trip.

Just saw on CC that the Port of Galveston is going to be announcing another ship but everything is closed lip. Could it be the Disney Magic? Disney can go to CC from both NYC and Texas!

a Princess Cruises ship will again set sail from the port of Galveston

edited: Oops see that was announcesdalready. and there may be another one

How long would it take to sail from California to Hawaii? 4 days?

Would we have to fly to Hawaii first then just cruise aournd the islands?
Any speculation out there?

Can't wait for the official announcements! :wizard: Anytime now, right?

Anyone remember when the Fall dates came out last year for the Dream, I booked in March of 2010 for the Dream Sept 2011 just can’t remember the day in March that I booked, guess I could call but DCL has had a long wait!

Booking actually opened for the Dream's 2011 cruises on 11/2/09 for Gold & Platinum CC members.

The first part of 2012 was released on 10/19/10.

We always took 6 to 7 days when I was in the Navy. 'course we were always slowing down to shoot something, or blow something up. So that may not be entirely accurate. Of course we could go a classified amount of speed faster than a cruise ship can, and usually did! :goodvibes

My point was not to book an RCL cruise, but to see that they offered itineraries up to, not including October 2012. On my computer I saw they have a 14 night italian med cruise on Sept. 22, 2012. Not sure what you're talking about. In my opinion Disney is waiting too long. For my personal travel plans, we are already saving for next year's summer vacation which included deciding on where we would like to travel to.

My point was not to book an RCL cruise, but to see that they offered itineraries up to, not including October 2012. On my computer I saw they have a 14 night italian med cruise on Sept. 22, 2012. Not sure what you're talking about. In my opinion Disney is waiting too long. For my personal travel plans, we are already saving for next year's summer vacation which included deciding on where we would like to travel to.

I was looking on RCCL's website directly. Not all itineraries are up through October 2012 on RCCL, just certain locations. That's no different than DCL. As we are only interested in Caribbean cruises, Europe and the Pacific don't matter as much to us. I was just pointing out that for the Caribbean, DCL was quite a bit ahead of most of others as RCCL has no Caribbean itineraries for summer 2012 posted except on their two largest (and most expensive) ships.

I'm actually just waiting to see where the Magic will be in December 2012 (right now it appears it might be Galveston based on the Grand Cayman Port Authority showing the Magic in port weekly prior through December 18th). As the Magic is not in Grand Cayman for the week of Christmas, we're wondering if there will be a special Christmas itinerary for the Magic. We are currently booked on the Fantasy for Christmas 2012 for an "ordinary" 7-night Western itineary. The Carnival Dream has a similar cruise for Christmas 2012 and is about 15% less expensive than Disney, but I'm not sure I want to experiment with another line on such a 'special' cruise for our family. The extra 15% is worth it to us to stick with DCL.

Sorry folks but I gotta vent: I'M SO SICK OF WAITING FOR THE REST OF THE 2012 DATES!!!!! :scared1:

Thank you for understanding!
Gayle

Sorry folks but I gotta vent: I'M SO SICK OF WAITING FOR THE REST OF THE 2012 DATES!!!!! :scared1:

Thank you for understanding!
Gayle

I hear you! I plan to be on the Nov. 10, 2012 sailing on the Fantasy, preceded by a week at WDW. We would be a group of 3 adults and I can't wait to find out the pricing for this.

Come on, DCL, 3 more guests are anxiously waiting! Now I'm hoping for that press conference in Berlin tomorrow.popcorn::

I've always wanted to do a Christmas cruise! Sounds like fun. I'm just hoping DCL make decisions soon. My guess is still Hawaii. I looked up when I booked for Alaska, which was in Sept. of 2009, 21 months before sailing. So, in my eyes, they are slow to release 2012.

I hear you! I plan to be on the Nov. 10, 2012 sailing on the Fantasy, preceded by a week at WDW. We would be a group of 3 adults and I can't wait to find out the pricing for this.

Come on, DCL, 3 more guests are anxiously waiting! Now I'm hoping for that press conference in Berlin tomorrow.popcorn::

I was on your cruise in Nov 2009 (I can remember seeing you around the ship throughout the week) and am currently booked on the Nov 10, 2012 Fantasy cruise. :thumbsup2 Hope you get the info you want soon!

Would we have to fly to Hawaii first then just cruise aournd the islands?
Any speculation out there?

Can't wait for the official announcements! :wizard: Anytime now, right?

By law, DCL can not cruise around the Hawai'in Islands with out having a port stop in a foreign country. That means a 7 night cruise would be most likely a 9 or 10. Should the AK market prove to be a real money maker, DCL may decide to repo from CA to AK via HI, about a 14 night cruise, usually taking 5 nights at sea to get to HI perhaps staying there a night or 2, then up to Canada.

We did r/t Hawaii with RCI from San Pedro it takes 4 1/2 sea days just to get there. Looking at Hawaii on the Spirit for Sept 18 and about $3000 for 12 night balcony. But the airfare is what will become pricy as you have to get to Canada and then back from Oahu. Just that will cost close to $1500! So now still waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter