March 10, 2012 - Eastern on the Magic

Aw! my husband is asking why we aren't on an earlier flight like you! We fly at around 5:30 pm with Jet blue

We 're on JetBlue out of Buffalo as well, but Friday night. Unfortunatly, the school board does not allow anyone off on Friday before March break, or the Monday ( first day back). I am dreading the idea of the bridge traffic....hopefully it won't be too bad. I work part time, so I can skip out around noon.

For those of you leaving early this week....
I wish you a safe trip and hope for good weather!
I look forward to meeting you on Saturday.

As a first time cruiser, what supplies are you picking up??!!

We will be picking up beer, wine , sunscreen and hairspray....and any other little things we forgot.
We are travelling SUPER light this year. Every other year we have over packed and I really hate to drag so many pieces of luggage around.
So far, everyone has one carry on packed and a small backpack for electronics with their pjs and bathing suit in it.

Last year we flew Delta to California for the Mexican Riviera cruise, and really wanted to bring carry ons only , as paying $20 a bag , each way , for luggage for each if us seemed ridiculous . $200! No way.
We did it. Carry-ons only.It was awesome!
It was difficult to say no to some things i wanted to bring, and the liquids were a bit of a challenge
but I still managed to bring home things I didn't wear.

One of the best things I purchased were sandals called SWITCH FLOPS.
The strap on the sandal can be changed, so it takes up very little space in the luggage, yet you can have several different looks! Very cool!

We will be picking up beer, wine , sunscreen and hairspray....and any other little things we forgot.
We are travelling SUPER light this year. Every other year we have over packed and I really hate to drag so many pieces of luggage around.
So far, everyone has one carry on packed and a small backpack for electronics with their pjs and bathing suit in it.

Last year we flew Delta to California for the Mexican Riviera cruise, and really wanted to bring carry ons only , as paying $20 a bag , each way , for luggage for each if us seemed ridiculous . $200! No way.
We did it. Carry-ons only.It was awesome!
It was difficult to say no to some things i wanted to bring, and the liquids were a bit of a challenge
but I still managed to bring home things I didn't wear.

One of the best things I purchased were sandals called SWITCH FLOPS.
The strap on the sandal can be changed, so it takes up very little space in the luggage, yet you can have several different looks! Very cool!

That is amazing! Carry-ons only? Our 3 are absolutely chockfull! Then we have 2 big checked pieces. And there are only 3 of us! Good for you. I have to say I've found the packing to be a big drawback for cruising. I'm sure it will all be worth it, but I'm at the stage where I'm thinking "This is nuts! Gimme an easier vacation!" I need a vacation from all the vacation planning!

DS and I leave Thursday for a pre-cruise little stay at the Beach Club. DH will join us Sat.

What a fantastic surprise for your kids!!!

I finished packing one of my carry-ons today -the one with all of the FE gifts and a few other things. My suitcase is pretty much packed with the exception of toiletries and last minute stuff and DH has his pile of stuff ready to pack. I still have to pack DD's suitcase -she was "packing" it tonight and threw in her swim suits and a whole bunch of toys and announced she was ready to go! LOL! I still need to figure out what to do about a purse, though. What do others bring?

I LOVE my morning coffee -is it worth the effort to bring a large travel sized mug so that I don't have to keep getting refills? What about drink glasses if I decide to bring my own liquor? Does anyone else bring camelback backpacks for shore excursions and just to have a backpack/water available?

Thanks everyone! So excited to meet you all!! :cool1:

That is amazing! Carry-ons only? Our 3 are absolutely chockfull! Then we have 2 big checked pieces. And there are only 3 of us! Good for you. I have to say I've found the packing to be a big drawback for cruising. I'm sure it will all be worth it, but I'm at the stage where I'm thinking "This is nuts! Gimme an easier vacation!" I need a vacation from all the vacation planning!

DS and I leave Thursday for a pre-cruise little stay at the Beach Club. DH will join us Sat.

Beach club is AWESOME!
If you are up to it try a Huricane Hannah by the pool! I could only have one ( it's a strong mixed drink...but delicious!) that resort is so beautiful!

The staterooms on the cruise ship are so small, there is really not a lot of room for storage, so the less the better. A little trick I learnt from this forum was to tuck the luggage under the bed for more room, and they can remove the coffee table as well. We never really use it, as we are not really in the stateroom except to change and sleep!
We bought all new carry ons last year. They are rolling duffles so they fold down to almost nothing!

What a fantastic surprise for your kids!!!

I finished packing one of my carry-ons today -the one with all of the FE gifts and a few other things. My suitcase is pretty much packed with the exception of toiletries and last minute stuff and DH has his pile of stuff ready to pack. I still have to pack DD's suitcase -she was "packing" it tonight and threw in her swim suits and a whole bunch of toys and announced she was ready to go! LOL! I still need to figure out what to do about a purse, though. What do others bring?

I LOVE my morning coffee -is it worth the effort to bring a large travel sized mug so that I don't have to keep getting refills? What about drink glasses if I decide to bring my own liquor? Does anyone else bring camelback backpacks for shore excursions and just to have a backpack/water available?

Thanks everyone! So excited to meet you all!! :cool1:
Your stateroom host will bring glasses to your stateroom. Just ask! ;)
They will also fill your cooler with ice everyday, if you like. We have wine glasses delivered daily.

We just bring water bottles on the excursions.
As far as travel size mugs, that is a great idea for coffee, but for sanitary reasons, they ask for no refillable cups at the pop station. Sometimes, the host will be there serving you drinks. I have heard that that is sometimes when there is an outbreak of stomach flu on board, to prevent everyone from touching the drink station.

I have heard that the port has become more strict with the opening of the garage (no earlier than 11) and Disney is not opening the doors to their terminal until 11. I also have heard that they are adhering to the time you received during the online check in. Has anyone heard any thing on this? All the posts I find are from Aug or Sept of 2011. I can't find any current news on this. We love to get to the port early and eat lunch on the boat before getting to our room.

Just watched the Magic sail away -- it really is a beautiful ship. Brought a tear to my eye!

As to the strawberry soup, if memory recalls we got it in Parrot Cay when we boarded. It's a DH fave!

And sure, yeah, I'll head to the gym. But you're running without me, girl! (I'll cheer you on at the finish, though.)

:banana: WOO HOO!

Someone may have mentioned this previously. I am wondering if anyone knows if we'll have a Fantasy sighting next week.

Fantasy will be doing training cruises so we should be at the DCL terminal. Thanks to another disboard cruise thread. I am at the Atlanta airport so halfway to Orlando. DH flys down Thirsday. It is hard to believe it is finally here! Kath

Fantasy will be doing training cruises so we should be at the DCL terminal. Thanks to another disboard cruise thread. I am at the Atlanta airport so halfway to Orlando. DH flys down Thirsday. It is hard to believe it is finally here! Kath

Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

Lucky you. Wish I was on my way down.

wash, dry, hang, fold, mend. Repeat from the start and add sew a button. Repeat again, this time substitue sew button for iron!

Not activities I usually enjoy, but today, I didn't mind at all!!!

See you all real soon!

Sonia

We were at Beach Club for the first time at the beginning of last month. We're DVC, so stayed at the villas. Enjoyed the room size, the view was over the road onto the back lot of The Land, but we spotted some amazing turtles in the water.

The pool was cold, and a large section of it through the middle was boarded up. Made for a challenging time to navigate from one side to the other. Hope it's all tidied up for your visit.

We'll be at WLV on Wednesday -- the plan is to do HS in the morning, Epcot in the afternoon, and then back to HS for dinner. We'll wave to you as we pass by!

What do others bring?

I LOVE my morning coffee -is it worth the effort to bring a large travel sized mug so that I don't have to keep getting refills? What about drink glasses if I decide to bring my own liquor?

On purses, I just bring my regular bag, but it doesn't usually get out of the room. I do have a small clutch that I use for the dressier occasions -- it just holds the wave phone and our KTTW cards.

Your stateroom host will bring glasses to your stateroom. Just ask! ;)
They will also fill your cooler with ice everyday, if you like. We have wine glasses delivered daily.

We just bring water bottles on the excursions.
As far as travel size mugs, that is a great idea for coffee, but for sanitary reasons, they ask for no refillable cups at the pop station. Sometimes, the host will be there serving you drinks. I have heard that that is sometimes when there is an outbreak of stomach flu on board, to prevent everyone from touching the drink station.

We usually bring our resort mugs, and I fill them in the morning (using the paper cups provided, of course!). I know many people like to have their morning coffee delivered, but I like the climb to Deck 9 to see what the world has in store. With the handles, it's easier to carry back down to the sleepyheads below.

Safe journey! Thanks for your tip on watching the ships from the Port Canaveral webcam.

wash, dry, hang, fold, mend. Repeat from the start and add sew a button. Repeat again, this time substitue sew button for iron!

Not activities I usually enjoy, but today, I didn't mind at all!!!

See you all real soon!

Sonia

I did six loads of laundry on the weekend, so I feel your pain!:laundry:

Our suitcases and clothes are sorted in the front room -- I'll do the formal stuff tomorrow night. We use ziploc bags for packing, and I'm just in love with the system. It was great when DD was smaller, and I'd put a full outfit in each bag. Now it's just so much simpler when unpacking, and everything fits nicely into the steamer trunk in the stateroom too!

We were at Beach Club for the first time at the beginning of last month. We're DVC, so stayed at the villas. Enjoyed the room size, the view was over the road onto the back lot of The Land, but we spotted some amazing turtles in the water.

The pool was cold, and a large section of it through the middle was boarded up. Made for a challenging time to navigate from one side to the other. Hope it's all tidied up for your visit.

We'll be at WLV on Wednesday -- the plan is to do HS in the morning, Epcot in the afternoon, and then back to HS for dinner. We'll wave to you as we pass by!

I've heard about the pool refubishment. I was sick when I found out as this has been my dream resort for many years, mostly for the pool. Ah well, I'm sure it will be lovely, and seeing that we'll have just left snow, I'm hoping it won't matter about the pool not being perfect.

Wilderness Lodge is my very favourite deluxe so far. I love the theming, and the lighting, and the pool is very nice and warm last time we were there. I think I remember you saying it's your first time there, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Have a safe journey!

at least for Fort Myers, is high of 85 deg Fahrenheit for Saturday. Sunny with clouds. Looking good folks!

:love::yay::woohoo::dance3::flower3::yay::banana::thumbsup2

Just bumping this incase anyone missed it at the bottom of one of the pages.
I know this is late, and you are leaving today (LUCKY YOU!) so if too late don't worry about it! My grandaughter, Mariah, 9, is an ice skater. You could use that if you wish.
Thanks, and looking forward to meeting everyone Saturday! Safe travels!

I know a lot of us have started traveling already, but just wanted to wish everyone a safe trip.

If you see us at the port or before our meeting, please come up and say "HI!" You'll know it's me cuz we are BIG fans of Perry the Platypus (hint, hint, matching shirts :cool1:).

One more day of work for me and then starting the journey! Last night I did my "One day of work left" dance - it looked like this: :banana::banana:

ha:rotfl:ha:rotfl:
Looking forward to our magical days...
Cherie

Hi,

Yesterday (Wednesday) felt like Thursday, so this week has 2 Thursdays! :headache: I think my Monday was missing! At the end of the day it felt like DH had been gone (business trip gone until very late tonight) longer than 24 hours.

Suitcases are coming along and I think everything will fit in as planned.:cool1:

DS3 is excited and keeps talking about the cruise.

This morning on DS1's toaster strudel, I designed a cruise ship (basic) with the icing. He liked the reminder.:laughing:

I want you to chime in on this one.... When I look at the weather for St Thomas and St Marteen for the coming week, there is rain in the forecast every day... does anybody know if those are just the "Florida-type-late-afternoon-showers" or could this be "all day" showers.:confused3

Thanks and see you all real soon!!!!

Sonia

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter