March 10, 2012 - Eastern on the Magic

I can't wait for the "Ahhh..." moment. I envision myself on deck, watching the ocean, listening to the steel drums (I hope!), having a book handy and everyone totally enjoying themselves.

2. Should we have any activities for the kids? Crayons and some Disney colouring pages for the younger ones? A short "information" scavenger hunt for the older ones. (Questions like: Find out the names of kids from three different states.)

Papertraveller, I like the idea of a scavenger hunt get-to know-you type of thing for some of the kids. That might help them break the ice and get to know some other kids. Are you volunteering, or shall I?

I was reading on the main board that it seems the chocolate buffet has been stopped. It mentioned only having CM passing out desserts in the lobby.

Hey DundasDad, does the fb group do any cool things like FEs or cruise meets? I've never gone on facebook. Funny to consider that only Disney could draw me into facebook! That says something about me, I'm sure!

I'm most looking forward to just being with my family and creating some new memories. We have such busy schedules and are racing around so much I feel like we all need to just take a breather and RELAX!!! Oh, and Mickey Bars! I know that's what the rest of the family is looking forward to!!lol
I just requested to join the FB group too.
And, for anyone keeping track of the weather in Florida, we are at a balmy 80degrees, sunny with a warm breeze blowing thru the palms. I hope it stays this way!

I was reading on the main board that it seems the chocolate buffet has been stopped. It mentioned only having CM passing out desserts in the lobby.

This makes me very sad......
It wasn't just the buffet, I mean there is enough treats around to eat.
It was the creativity and uniqueness of it all... The fountain, the creative cakes.
This is too bad.

I also heard something about Mickey head ice cream bars are being replaced by ice cream sandwiches...:scared1:

What is going on?

It was the creativity and uniqueness of it all... The fountain, the creative cakes.
This is too bad.

I also heard something about Mickey head ice cream bars are being replaced by ice cream sandwiches...:scared1:

What is going on?

I remember my son and I accidently stumbled upon the chocolate buffet. I think I was picking him up from the club and we were walking around. He doesn't eat a lot of sweets, but Dad sure did have some that night. :woohoo:

Also looking forward to the grape and blue cheese pizza from Palo!!!

I've never tried this, but it appears I should. And I think I will!

You know how people have quotes in their signatures etc...? I almost put one in: "If you are what you eat, then I only wanna eat the good stuff." - Remy, Ratatouille.
So much good stuff on DCL!

This is too bad.

What is going on?

Oh yeah, I hope you are going to Palos for brunch, because I heard that pizza is OFF the menu at dinner! :sad2:

Hey DundasDad, does the fb group do any cool things like FEs or cruise meets? I've never gone on facebook. Funny to consider that only Disney could draw me into facebook! That says something about me, I'm sure!

No - it's just the folks from our meet here that have fb accounts and may want to chat over there as well.

Hey everybody, I don't normally post on the threads but my dad is a regular and mentioned the meet in the promenade lounge the first day and say he wasn't sure if parents were bringing their teenagers with them or if they were just gonna hang out at the teen lounge or something else? I am just wondering where majority of teens will be, I am an insanley shy 15 year old girl but I can open up pretty quick but I will not be the one walking around saying hi lol. So anyways if there are gonna be a decent amount of teens going I would love to come meet a few people :confused: thanks guys!

This cracked me up! But, what is this about Mickey bars being out of stock? My DH talks about nothing but Mickey bars. We might just have to postpone if they don't have any!!

I represented the Canada Pavillion at EPCOT so I ran the attraction and the gift shops, the kids station, greeter and crowd control, Next to the experience of having my son, this was the best, most incredible year of my life:)

:rotfl:. Oh my those are some good questions! Love it!!
Yes, name tags would be very helpful. I don't mind to bring some.
I look forward to learning the answers to the other questions too! Great ideas!

So in the interests of delegating, would you be able to bring some nametags to the meet? I note that you also "volunteered" to do a Q&A type activity for the kids. I could PM you some ideas if you're keen -- we did something like this for our annual street party and the kids really enjoyed it. It was a great way to get the different ages to mix too, although I do realize that in this context most of the kids are looking to meet someone their own age.

DD stumbled on this on our last cruise -- I had to laugh at all the people who showed up in their pyjamas! I wonder if the cost just wasn't worth it?

And, for anyone keeping track of the weather in Florida, we are at a balmy 80degrees, sunny with a warm breeze blowing thru the palms. I hope it stays this way!

Yay! Keep those warm vibes coming! We're heading south in one week and can't wait to feel the sun without my down parka on!

Also looking forward to the grape and blue cheese pizza from Palo!!!

One of my favourites!

Hey everybody, I don't normally post on the threads but my dad is a regular and mentioned the meet in the promenade lounge the first day and say he wasn't sure if parents were bringing their teenagers with them or if they were just gonna hang out at the teen lounge or something else? I am just wondering where majority of teens will be, I am an insanley shy 15 year old girl but I can open up pretty quick but I will not be the one walking around saying hi lol. So anyways if there are gonna be a decent amount of teens going I would love to come meet a few people :confused: thanks guys!

Welcome Sinderellie. I'm hoping you have a wonderful vacation!

I represented the Canada Pavillion at EPCOT so I ran the attraction and the gift shops, the kids station, greeter and crowd control, Next to the experience of having my son, this was the best, most incredible year of my life:)

I would love to hear more about this! We always make a point of stopping by the pavilion to chat with the people working there.

Hi Sinderellie and welcome! I don't have any teenagers, so can't say where they will be, but do hope you give us quick visit at 3pm, so I can say hi. I have heard that the teen club does have a good meet and it's important to get there for it. Hope to see you around!

I know at the meeting at 3:00 the parents of the teenagers will for sure be there and I am sure they will encourage their teens to come out

Hi Sinderellie!

I have a 15 year old son who will be in the teen club....( and will be very embarrassed I am talking about him on here) I will ask him to come to the meet, but he is shy too so we will see. His name is Brad, and we are from Ontario too!
On previous cruises, my boys like to go to the clubs right after lunch. Even though the clubs are quiet at first, they really love it and spend the majority of the cruise with people they meet in there.
:)

Is the brunch at Palo for adults only as well, is it really awesome? I can't justify booking reservations for just my self when my other half will not be there and my son is not able to go???

Is the brunch at Palo for adults only as well, is it really awesome? I can't justify booking reservations for just my self when my other half will not be there and my son is not able to go???

Oh my yes!
It is just awesome.
Some of the best food I have ever had.
And wonderful service, champagne too!
Unless of course Disney has decided not to do the champagne.....seems they are not doing a few things this year. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter