March 10, 2012 - Eastern on the Magic

Soooo excited to meet everyone and RELAX!! I'm working on 8 different projects for work right now and really need a vacation!!! (I'm a project manager if I haven't mentioned that before)

We will definitely be doing the whiskey tasting (I can't remember if that's right or something else, but that's the one we'll do) -I love whiskey!

I will probably start packing a few days before, BUT as I said I'm a PM so everything we need to bring is already listed out in a spreadsheet (or 4) so all I have to do is look at my list and throw the stuff in my suitcase and check it off the list!

I can't believe how many pages I was behind just from everyone posting this weekend! I'm sure everyone is getting excited!

I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday!!! :yay:

Hi everyone,

New FE list has been sent to your inboxes. Let me know if you did not receive it!

Welcome Debbie RIM -- greetings from Etobicoke! I know it does seem overwhelming, but as others have mentioned, just make a point to find out where the Palo reservations etc. can be booked as soon as you get onboard. They always hold a number of spots back for people who did not book at the stroke of midnight 90 days earlier!

Ask all the questions you want to here -- lots of friendly folks happy to share.

Now as to the alcohol tastings, we have done beer, martini, regular wine, and expensive wine. Most were $10 or so a person, and I can't remember what the higher-end wine one was. All were fun, and we did meet some great people. This trip I think I'll send DH and our friend to the beer tasting, and then I think we'll do the higher-end wine one again. You get essentially the same presentation, but the wines are more interesting. Plus you get terrific chocolate truffles too!

Thanks for the welcome, yes it's the first thing I"ll do when I board at 1pm ,

LOVING the information & just to share something I found if you bring a pillowcase & a sharpie marker, leave it at the front desk & all the charachters will sign it for your child!

Alcohol tastings sound great! I'm in...
:)

They will do that with a photo mat also. It's a cool idea to frame a picture with the mat that has been signed by all the characters.

Ooh! I was soooo close! I thought we would make it to 500 last night!
Ok, so a few hours shy!

I am having trouble concentrating at work.....
My mind is wandering ! :laughing:
Beaches, sunshine, steel drums.....

I can almost taste the Bahama Mammas now! ( if you haven't tried one, put it on your must do list!)

The Character signings are awesome!

We bought a 8x10 frame at Indigo that has a 6x8 opening for a picture and a slat that you can slide words into like "vacation" "graduation" " birthday" ect. And it has a large area for signing. I put just the mat in a ziplock bag with colored sharpies ( with some chocolate treats as a thank you for the staff), left it at guest services with our stateroom number and the ziplock bag was returned to our stateroom on the last night.

We have done this a few times, one was with just a plain black sharpie....
Looks great too! Especially with a black and white picture.
The pillow cases look great too!

They will do that with a photo mat also. It's a cool idea to frame a picture with the mat that has been signed by all the characters.

They are in a ziplock, 2 sharpies in each bag (3 kids), individually labeled, names on the back of the mat with a little note with the kid's name, cabin number and a big Thank You incuded in the bag.

And that Bahama Mammas... I've been dreaming about it!!!!

Thanks!

Sonia

We have done the photo mat a couple of times, along with a pillow case on which I put an image of Pluto (DD's favourite character). Last year I did a similar project, and put the image on a tote bag. Everything has come back looking fabulous.

This year we're going to try plain Vinylmation dolls. I saw photos of them somewhere here, and they came out looking quite cute. About seven signatures, which is surprising given their small size.

Had the girls making magnets yesterday, and my our doors will be colourful! I have also done journals for them as a surprise.

The girls are preparing a dance for the talent show on the last night. Or at least, I'm hoping there will be one for our cruise ... otherwise they'll be like buskers and stage impromptu performances wherever they can gather a crowd!

1. Should we have name tags for the meet? Even with the names on the FE list at hand, I think I'd recognize you more from your DIS name than if you just put "Jim" on your tag.

2. Should we have any activities for the kids? Crayons and some Disney colouring pages for the younger ones? A short "information" scavenger hunt for the older ones. (Questions like: Find out the names of kids from three different states.)

3. Starseeker1221 is doing a back-to-back cruise, and will be heading off on the Western itinerary on March 17. How can we commandeer their room?

4. What did Imacanuck do when she worked at Epcot?

5. What special insights can mtambrino offer up as a former cast member?

6. What will sauterelledesiles do with her nails? How can she top what she's already shown us?

7. Who will remember to bring foreign currency and an extra bra to the adult scavenger hunt Saturday night?

8. Will I really make it to the gym at all? Or will I just pull on the gear and walk around the deck pretending I've been already, and then sit down to rest on one of the glorious teak deck chairs on Deck 4?

9. How many bowls of strawberry soup will DH consume?

10. And the most important of all: Will the Mickey bars be back in stock by the time we cruise?

1. Should we have name tags for the meet? Even with the names on the FE list at hand, I think I'd recognize you more from your DIS name than if you just put "Jim" on your tag.

2. Should we have any activities for the kids? Crayons and some Disney colouring pages for the younger ones? A short "information" scavenger hunt for the older ones. (Questions like: Find out the names of kids from three different states.)

3. Starseeker1221 is doing a back-to-back cruise, and will be heading off on the Western itinerary on March 17. How can we commandeer their room?

6. What will sauterelledesiles do with her nails? How can she top what she's already shown us?

7. Who will remember to bring foreign currency and an extra bra to the adult scavenger hunt Saturday night?

8. Will I really make it to the gym at all? Or will I just pull on the gear and walk around the deck pretending I've been already, and then sit down to rest on one of the glorious teak deck chairs on Deck 4?

10. And the most important of all: Will the Mickey bars be back in stock by the time we cruise?

This cracked me up! But, what is this about Mickey bars being out of stock? My DH talks about nothing but Mickey bars. We might just have to postpone if they don't have any!!

:rotfl:. Oh my those are some good questions! Love it!!
Bring an extra bra? The one I saw, the winner REMOVED her bra!! I was wondering who was going be brave enough! Good to know!
Yes, name tags would be very helpful. I don't mind to bring some.
I look forward to learning the answers to the other questions too! Great ideas!

Love the questions Papertraveller! Keep us on our toes! I think we'll have to put both names on our tags ...

The Mickey bars disaster appears to be an isolated incident - we should be fully stocked by the time we sail!:thumbsup2

By the way, we do have a (quiet for the moment) facebook group if anyone wants to pop over there as well:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/269188269787977/

So funny you should ask about name tags....I JUST packed sticky notes in my carry on and thought, I should bring a pack to our cruise meet so I can remember everyone's names!

Your questions are too funny Papertraveller...
I am with your husband on the strawberry soup! If I get there first, there might not be any left ! :lmao: that is one of my favorites.

Ok, how about we post the ONE thing we are most looking forward to....
( I know there are much more then one ...) we can post multiple times...

Ok so.....

The chocolate soufle from Palo!

Ok, so now I feel bad I choose food as my thing to look forward to the most...

How about.......

The sound of the horn at the sail away party, surrounded by all my family!

I am horrible at remembering names, and so name tags would be awesome! (And please don't take it personally if I still have trouble! :lmao:)

As for commandeering our room... hmm... I'd say you could all hide under the bed while they check our room on the last day, but the crew might get suspicious that there were stowaways when several families start sleeping on the deck 4 loungers every night! :rotfl:

What am I looking forward to the most? The moment where I turn my phone off and forget about everything back home! But as that is not specific to cruising, I am really looking forward to the turtle cove excursion-- I really love turtles and can't wait to swim with them!

Good questions Papertraveller!

I didn't know there was a FB group -I just asked to join -hope that's okay!

Looking forward to the most... I think I would have to say spending time with my DD and DH on vacation. We get into such a rut of wake up, get ready, everyone goes to work/school, come home, make dinner, go to bed... It will be nice not to be in our normal daily routine! (I also look forward to completely "unplugging" myself from work -I can't wait to send out my reminder email to our staff saying "sorry, I am going to be out of the office and completely unreachable!)

Looking forward to the most... I think I would have to say spending time with my DD and DH on vacation. We get into such a rut of wake up, get ready, everyone goes to work/school, come home, make dinner, go to bed... It will be nice not to be in our normal daily routine! (I also look forward to completely "unplugging" myself from work -I can't wait to send out my reminder email to our staff saying "sorry, I am going to be out of the office and completely unreachable!)

I've added you to the FB group ...

As far as looking forward to the most, it's been a very hectic and stressful time recently with work and surgery. I'm looking forward to stepping away from all of that and enjoying quality time with my family

I think you said it best. Spending time with family will be great. Also writing that "out of office" e-mail response will be great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter