March 10, 2012 - Eastern on the Magic

Hi,

DS#1 is 11 and is actually looking forward to going to The Edge. I know some of you have cruised before with tweens... What is your experience with them coming and going freely from the club? I know we'll have a Wave phone (actually 4 since we have two rooms) and we'll be able to reach him at all time (hopefully!).

Waiting to hear from you experience!

Sauterelledesiles

our DS is 11 as well ... hopefully they will pal up. I would feel a lot better knowing that they had a buddy with them when they are coming / going!

I have circulated the draft FE list to everyone who has supplied me with an email address. Still waiting to hear from two family groups, to whom I have sent PMs asking for info.

Hi!

I did not get the FE email, could you please try resending it to my yahoo address?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Will do -- I appreciate the heads up, as I didn't get a bounceback when I sent it.

And as to the tween experience, last year DD was 11. She found a couple of friends through the DIS group, and they had a ball. They really enjoyed the activities (basketball on deck, scavenger hunt) as well as the video game that lets them try to dock the ship. It was a nice stepping stone beyond the full control of the Oceaneer's Lab. It was nice to see her rise to the expectations and new rules. These included checking in regularly via the phone or in person, as well as rules about not going in any other staterooms, and of course not opening the door to anyone.

Hi, I'm new to this Disboard thing and I'm not sure if I'm even posting the right way! We are traveling on the Disney Magic March 10th sailing, and we would love to join the Fish Extender group. It will be me (the mom) and my two DDs age 13 and 8 (she is turning 8, two days before we set sail)! Do we need to do anything else to sign up? Also, what is roll call? Is that a meet-up of some sort? If so, we would like to join that, too! Thanks!

If you're out there lurking, please try to get your post count up to 10 so you can PM me your details!

Originally Posted by travelstudio
Hi, I'm new to this Disboard thing and I'm not sure if I'm even posting the right way! We are traveling on the Disney Magic March 10th sailing, and we would love to join the Fish Extender group. It will be me (the mom) and my two DDs age 13 and 8 (she is turning 8, two days before we set sail)! Do we need to do anything else to sign up? Also, what is roll call? Is that a meet-up of some sort? If so, we would like to join that, too! Thanks!

I didn't get it either. I sent you a PM with my e-mail address

our DS is 11 as well ... hopefully they will pal up. I would feel a lot better knowing that they had a buddy with them when they are coming / going!

Make that 3 - 11year old boys from this group! :cool1:
That's great! My son ( my youngest ) is so excited to finally be able to be in this club.
He is 5"5 and 11 years old........soooo tall, his 13 year old brother is only just 5 feet! He wanted so badly to be with his brother last cruise, but he wasn't allowed.

As for the Edge, I only have good experiences to share! My older two loved it in there. The programing was great, lots of choices for different interests. And my boys still keep in contact with some of the friends they have made over the years. I was nervous about the freedom, so I had a list of rules posted they had to agree to before we left, and all went well.( another Diser posted the list..it was great!) and there were no arguments! I would just refer to the agreement!)

Hi,

I read contradictory information about lanyards on the board... Some say it is only returning cruisers who will get them, some say they also give it to the first-time cruisers... what's the latest on this?

Thanks!

Sauterelledesiles

Hi,

I read contradictory information about lanyards on the board... Some say it is only returning cruisers who will get them, some say they also give it to the first-time cruisers... what's the latest on this?

Thanks!

Sauterelledesiles

I'm not sure to be exact, but I know I have two at home and we got them on our first cruise in Nov, 10. I don't remember where they came from exactly. I have to dig them out and put in the pack area so I don't forget them.

Hi there, we got our flight info from DCL this weekend. Our outgoing flight is fine but coming home they have put us on a connecting flight which makes our two and a half hour flight into a five and a half hour journey :mad:.
I guess thats the chance you take when booking the whole trip through DCL. We have been very lucky on our last 3 cruises and have had good flights.... not so lucky this time.

No fish extender for us as I have more than enough trouble trying to pack as it is... I am from the school of thought that you should pack almost every piece of clothing that you own, much to my family's dismay :rolleyes1

Hi there, we got our flight info from DCL this weekend. Our outgoing flight is fine but coming home they have put us on a connecting flight which makes our two and a half hour flight into a five and a half hour journey :mad:.
I guess thats the chance you take when booking the whole trip through DCL. We have been very lucky on our last 3 cruises and have had good flights.... not so lucky this time.

We're not too happy with our flights either. we leave at 5:55am with a 45 minute connection in Atlanta... Not sure we will make it, and we argued it with DCL flight schedulers, but we hope that since we booked with them, should we not be able to make it, it will be their responsibility and they will somehow make it up to us.

I understand your frustration... better going back home than going there, don't you think? I don't really care about our flight back home, if I don't make it here Saturday night, I still have Sunday, and heck, why not Monday as well!!!

Sauterelledesiles

I agree better on the way back home, we have an hour and a half to make our connection, also in Atlanta. We have a bit more time than you but I was also concerned about making it in time. I don't like having a connection ( more chance for our luggage to get lost ).

I tried asking for the flights to be changed too, no luck though. Having a connection doesn"t make sense to me as there are so many direct flights into Toronto each day... but thats what we have so we will just have to hope for the best.

I have circulated the draft FE list to everyone who has supplied me with an email address. Still waiting to hear from two family groups, to whom I have sent PMs asking for info.

Hi there, I haven't seen the listing as yet and I just checked my PM box and there wasn't a message there either. I'll admit that at times I can be a bit "technologically challenge", but I really don't think I recieved it as yet. Is it possible to resend? I've also sent a PM with my email just in case.

Thanks

Hi there, I haven't seen the listing as yet and I just checked my PM box and there wasn't a message there either. I'll admit that at times I can be a bit "technologically challenge", but I really don't think I recieved it as yet. Is it possible to resend? I've also sent a PM with my email just in case.

Thanks

Hi there! Just an FYI -the email ended up in my "junk" folder -you may want to look there just to make sure... :)

:eek::eek:Thanks for the hint to check my "Junk Mail". Unfortunately if it was there I deleted it :eek:. Hopefully papertraveller can resend it and I'll triple check before deleting anything this time.

Sorry about the troubles ... in some cases, there was a serious case of operator error because I didn't have my glasses on! In others, for some reason my Mac doesn't like an address or two, where my Windows laptop does!

I must confess that I'm puzzled by the Junk capture since I sent each email separately (rather than in bulk). Ah well. If only I could have all the time back that I've spent fighting with computers! :confused3

Please do let me know if you haven't received the spreadsheet.

Also, I am wondering what to do about our fellow DISers who have said they wish to participate, but from whom we have not heard again. Please let me know your thoughts!

Sorry about the troubles ... in some cases, there was a serious case of operator error because I didn't have my glasses on! In others, for some reason my Mac doesn't like an address or two, where my Windows laptop does!

I must confess that I'm puzzled by the Junk capture since I sent each email separately (rather than in bulk). Ah well. If only I could have all the time back that I've spent fighting with computers! :confused3

Also, I am wondering what to do about our fellow DISers who have said they wish to participate, but from whom we have not heard again. Please let me know your thoughts!

The only reason it showed up in my "junk" folder is because I have my settings set so that if an email comes in from an "unknown" address -meaning someone I don't normally communication with -it automatically goes there. It had nothing to do with you sending it :)

Thanks again for organizing everything!!! As for thoughts, I don't want to sound mean, but I say pick a date and if you don't have the info then sorry they won't be included.... Just my 2 cents...

List arrived safe and sound:thumbsup2

I tend to agree with MammaC regarding 'those missing in action'. I think setting the date (I believe Feb. 10th was your original thought) is fair. Again don't want to appear mean, but I also want to be fair to those that are working on homemade crafts.

I have put the deadline in the post on page 2, as well as the reminder about the meet: 3 p.m. Saturday March 10, Promenade Lounge.

I didn't receive it either. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter