• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 10, 2012 - Eastern on the Magic

Long Gone

Mouseketeer
We set sail one year from today. Who's with us? There are 8 of us sailing. Myself, DW, DS12, DD10, DS 7, DD5, DMil, and Dsis. This is our third Disney Cruise. We have done a couple 4 night cruises and are looking forward to spending more time on the boat and seeing more of the caribbean.:yay:

We'll be joining you as well. Due to illnesses and broken limbs we moved this year's cruise to 2012.

It will be the three of us (me, DH, DS9) and some in-laws. This will be our second cruise and we loved our first.

Cheers,

Deleted. We jumped sailings. We WERE going to do Spring Break March 10 on the Magic in the E. Carribean but prices are soooooo much lower on the March 11 sailing on the Wonder in MR we switched.

Happy Sailing!

We had our first cuise (Western Magic Mar 19 - 26) recently and rebooked for this one onboard!
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I hadn't checked the thread in a while. Welcome to everyone.

Chernabog381, how was the Dream?

Jason.

I hadn't checked the thread in a while. Welcome to everyone.

Chernabog381, how was the Dream?

Jason.

We had a great time but there are some issues that still need to be worked out from our point of view...the crazy boarding issues (we had the joy of computer outages, took 5 hours to get on board, yes that was probably just a one time thing- BUT it happened during our one time, was NOT handled well ). After the service issues we decided to go back to a smaller ships...Just suits us better. The ship was beautiful, and 90% of the service was brilliant...that other 10% put us off enough to not book the Fantasy next year. I'm sure we will give the big ones another shot but not right away. Don't get me wrong any day on a cruise is pretty much a GREAT day...just a big price tag to pay while they "work on "issues.

Can't wait for a 7 day!!!!

Hi there fellow disers!

Just booked this cruise onboard the Wonder's March13th Mexican Riviera sailing.

This will be our 5th Disney cruise in the last 5 years!:banana:
Second time doing the eastern. Western was our favorite so far!

This eastern sailing is different from our last one, as we were on the first sailing to Tortola. Hoping St. Martean will be a little more exciting.

The Mexican Riviera was great too, and ALOT less expensive, but I really missed our Castaway Cay day!

We are a family of 5, myself, DH, and three DS's who will be 15, 13 and 11 at time of sailing.

Looking forward to this March break cruise!

We had a great time but there are some issues that still need to be worked out from our point of view...the crazy boarding issues (we had the joy of computer outages, took 5 hours to get on board, yes that was probably just a one time thing- BUT it happened during our one time, was NOT handled well ). After the service issues we decided to go back to a smaller ships...Just suits us better. The ship was beautiful, and 90% of the service was brilliant...that other 10% put us off enough to not book the Fantasy next year. I'm sure we will give the big ones another shot but not right away. Don't get me wrong any day on a cruise is pretty much a GREAT day...just a big price tag to pay while they "work on "issues.

Can't wait for a 7 day!!!!

Thanks for the review. I have a co-worker who is sailing the Fantasy in Oct 2012. She is hoping that the time they have had with the Dream, then six months with the Fantasy will give them time to work out the bugs. Did the ship feel more crowded?

Which other cruises have you taken? Have you previously done an Eastern?

Hi there fellow disers!

Just booked this cruise onboard the Wonder's March13th Mexican Riviera sailing.

This will be our 5th Disney cruise in the last 5 years!:banana:
Second time doing the eastern. Western was our favorite so far!

This eastern sailing is different from our last one, as we were on the first sailing to Tortola. Hoping St. Martean will be a little more exciting.

The Mexican Riviera was great too, and ALOT less expensive, but I really missed our Castaway Cay day!

We are a family of 5, myself, DH, and three DS's who will be 15, 13 and 11 at time of sailing.

Looking forward to this March break cruise!

Welcome aboard. The neighbors who live directly behind us were on that cruise with you. Haven't had a chance to talk to them about it yet. I know they were able to take advantage of the kids sail free promotion. That made their cruise less than $2000 total, a 'little' :) less than this cruise.

On your previous eastern, did you do excursions? If so, which would you recommend?

Welcome aboard. The neighbors who live directly behind us were on that cruise with you. Haven't had a chance to talk to them about it yet. I know they were able to take advantage of the kids sail free promotion. That made their cruise less than $2000 total, a 'little' :) less than this cruise.

On your previous eastern, did you do excursions? If so, which would you recommend?

Yes, we did excursions in each port. Our first stop was Tortola, and we did an Island tour/ beach break through Disney. Very well done and glad we booked through Disney.

For St. Thomas, we did the sky tram which was Awesome! Highly recommend it. We brought my 70 year old mother in law with us on this cruise, so we were limited to non-physical excursions.

The sky tram was $18.00 a person, you can walk to it from the ship, and it takes you up to the top of the mountain where the views are OUTSTANDING!
there is a really cute, free bird show( tips are recommended) as well as a bar/ restaurant as well as some vendors.

Also, St. Thomas has the cheapest price for alcohol that we have experience in any of the ports we have visited. It's the local Kmart. Yes, Kmart. Just folllow all the crew members , and you will find it. Again walking distance from the ship, or a short cab ride.
We bought 6 bottles and carried them right on the ship. Kmart had special boxes ready to go or cruise passengers.

At Castaway Cay, we always rent the jet skis. They are more expensive here, but it's a great tour and so much fun!

This year, I think we might just rent bikes and tour the whole island. There is much to see.

Hope that helps.
For St. Thomas this year, I think we are going to hit the beaches. Maybe on our own. Take a cab.

What is everyone looking at doing in St. Martean? The beaches are making me a bit nervous, seeing as there might be some nudity.....:eek::eek:
I do have three boys:scared1:
They would be scared!

That's right! Hello neighbour!:thumbsup2

We just met 2 families from Waterdown on our Mexican Riviera cruise! What are the chances of that! Ok, Florida, sure, but LA? Cabo? So strange. My son actually said to me that a boy looked familiar from the Much dances at the YMCA.
Small world, isn't it!:cool1:

Thanks for the information. My MIL uses an electric scooter when she is out. Will we she be able to do the tram? That is something we would like to do, with or without her, but it would be nice if she is able.

My oldest son and I did the jet skis on our last cruise. He is anxious to do it again. Does anyone know what it costs for a cabana on Castaway Cay?

Thanks for the information. My MIL uses an electric scooter when she is out. Will we she be able to do the tram? That is something we would like to do, with or without her, but it would be nice if she is able.

Here is the website for the tram:

http://paradisepointtramway.com/
( looks like it is down at the moment)

If you google it, it wil give you lots of info.
There was a slight incline that I do remember walking up, and my MIL not liking it......might want to check for sure.

Hope that helps. If we have time we might do it again..... You can take the tram and make it a quick sight seeing tour if you want, or watch the show, have a drink, visit the vendors an make it last a few hours.

We also booked this cruise! We walked off the Magic on Saturday, March 26 and as DD and I walked through the doorway, I said "Well, 50 weeks 'til we're back!"

This will be our third cruise - one eastern, one western. We loved the eastern itinerary, especially those luxurious sea days. I'll post a bit later on about our excursions, in case anyone is interested in the snorkelling options off St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

We travelled with a great group of Dis-ers this past voyage, including Dundasdad (and of course, dundasmom and dundaskids!). Can't wait to see you guys again! PM me if you're ever down at this end of the QEW.

And finally, I'm volunteering to coordinate and maintain the FE list for all those who are interested. I can start it right here on Page 2:

DISmeet 3 p.m. March 10 in the Promenade Lounge

ROLL CALL

Long Gone: DH, DW, DS 12, DD 10, DS 7, DD 5, DMIL, DSIS
3Goofys: DW, DH, DS 10
Chernabog
DundasDad: DH, DW, DS, DD
papertraveller: DW, DH, DD 12
son3disfan: DW, DH, DS 15, DS 13, DS 11
wdwluvin: DW, DH, DS 12
TCDrummer94
reyna
aubiegal DH, DW, DS, DM
schwenksvillemouse DH, DW, DS10, DD 6
Disney's Fan DH, DW, DS17, DS15
sgpmaxx66 DW, DS8
willoughbyclan DW, DH, DD 18, DD 16, DD 14, DD11
tecdavidt DW, DH, DD tbc
minnieme1 DH DW DD7
minki1977 6 people, details to come
lgierling - DH, DW, DD10, DD7
starseeker1221 - 2 people
MammaC - DW DH DD4
Polarone -DH DW DD 15 DS 9
travelstudio - DM DD 13 DD 8
tammylwood - DW DS 21 DSGF 21 DD 17 3/4
mtambrino - DH DW DD 5 DS 18 months DGM
kingdomkeeper - DH DW DS17 DS 18
sauterelledesiles - DH DW DS 11 DS 9 DS 5 (birthday on the cruise)
KBennett - DH DW DD 12 DD 11 DD 8
barnettcrew - DH DW DS 16 DD 14
MsGrandma - DGM DGD 9
collectoraholic - DH DW DD 16 DD 9
janette311 DW DH DS4
imacanuck - DM DS8
DebbieRIM -

FISH EXTENDER PARTICIPANTS

DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 10, 2012 Please PM Me with your Details!

papertraveller - DW, DH, DD (12 when we cruise)
dundasdad - DH, DW, DS (11), DD (9)
3Goofy's - DW, DH, DS (10)
aubiegal DH, DW, DS, DM
Disney's Fan DH, DW, DS17, DS15
sgpmaxx66 DW, DS8
willoughbyclan DW, DH, DD 18, DD 16, DD 14, DD11
minnieme1 DH DW DD7
minki1977 6 people, details to come
lgierling - DH, DW, DD10, DD7
starseeker1221 - 2 people
MammaC - DW DH DD4
travelstudio - DM DD 13 DD 8
mtambrino - DH DW DD 5 DS 18 months DGM
sauterelledesiles - DH DW DS 11 DS 9 DS 5 (turning 6 on the cruise)
KBennett - DH DW DD 12 DD 11 DD 8
barnettcrew - DH DW DS 16 DD 14
MsGrandma - DGM DGD 9
janette311 DW DH DS4
imacanuck - DM DS8

Does anyone know what it costs for a cabana on Castaway Cay?

DH and I rented bikes just one week ago (seems like yesterday, and then after a week at work catching up, it seems like a lifetime ago!) and rode them out to the end of the trail past all the cabanas near the adult beach. What a beautiful site for them -- the design is also unique, and really makes the cabanas look appealing. The price is a bit steep, however. I believe it was $499. (There are other cabanas at the far end of the family beach, past Pelican Plunge and the new Cookies Too location. This beach is roped off from the riff raff!)

The price included lots of extras, as I recall, like the floaties and cabana service and stuff. Not sure, but it might even have included bikes.

Thanks Papertraveller!

We're in for the FE!

Sean, Joanne, Aidan (11) and Katie (9) ... (ages when we sail)

I'll drop you a note if we're in the neighbourhood

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter