March 1-5, 2009 Wonder Cruise

Ooohhhh.....no!! I just need to vent a little.....we are now expecting a snowstorm on Thursday in Minnesota!!! 8" of snow and wind, too! We were planning to pick up the kids at school at 2 o'clock and drive 3 hours (that's how long it takes on a good weather day) to the Twin Cities.....and I will be packing on Thursday morning. But NOW....what if we have to leave on Wednesday to beat the storm, and I have to work, and the kids have tests scheduled at school on Thursday, and I'm NOT ready!?!?!?! More stress to add, and we didn't need any more! We MUST be in the Cities by Thursday night because Friday is an early morning to catch our flight.

I know there's nothing I can do about the weather, but I just needed to scream a little bit. Today was such a beautiful day here (over 40 degrees) so why couldn't it last long enough for us to get out of here safely and hassle-free????? :confused: :sad2: :scared:

Take a deep breath! It is going to be ok! Just picture that wonderful ship and imagine the fruity little drinks........You can do ANYTHING you have to, to make it to that ship! Im sure a snow storm possibly screwing up your vacation is a perfectly acceptable reason to call into work and take your kids out of school (at least in my checkbook it is):lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Good luck!

When are you getting into orlando? How are you getting to port, maybe it would be possible to meet before the meet?

Ya unfortunately we wont be landing in Tampa until 10:30 that morning. We will be checking in at 1:00. We should plan on being on our rooms right before the safety drill we can do it together.then off to the meet!

Ya unfortunately we wont be landing in Tampa until 10:30 that morning. We will be checking in at 1:00. We should plan on being on our rooms right before the safety drill we can do it together.then off to the meet!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the safety drill and since we are almost neighbors we should be at the same station! We will be the one's who have the complaining child!

Oh yeah, I forgot about the safety drill and since we are almost neighbors we should be at the same station! We will be the one's who have the complaining child!

Aaahhh snowstorm coming on sunday for us!that Is when we are flying out,if we could miss the ship!

Aaahhh snowstorm coming on sunday for us!that Is when we are flying out,if we could miss the ship!

Just go on ahead and leave now just to make sure that you don't:rotfl2: :rotfl2: ! they are calling for snow showers on Satuday and that when we are leaving so I dont know what that will mean for us!

Just go on ahead and leave now just to make sure that you don't:rotfl2: :rotfl2: ! they are calling for snow showers on Satuday and that when we are leaving so I dont know what that will mean for us!

Ya, unfortunetly my son haa a huge hockey game at 7:00 pm in Sat. We have 50 friends and family going our only option is to levae the next morning. It is starting to look like Sunday into Monday! We fly out at 7:00 am so maybe it wont have started yet. We will know more in the next few days. I called Delta and they said there is a 5:45 am flight that we could switch to so we will see when it gets closer what time it is all suppose to start!

We're leaving bright and early Saturday morning. So far our weather seems to be co-operating.

Hope you all have safe journeys to Florida. Looking forward to meeting you all. :grouphug:

Here's a little Pixie Dust pixiedust: to help you on your way. See ya real soon!

:beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach:

We're leaving bright and early Saturday morning. So far our weather seems to be co-operating.

Hope you all have safe journeys to Florida. Looking forward to meeting you all. :grouphug:

Here's a little Pixie Dust pixiedust: to help you on your way. See ya real soon!

:beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach: :beach:

Have a great flight! See ya on the ship!

Hey, we got packed up early, took the kids out of school, and made it to the twin cities last night to beat the snowstorm--and we did!!! We are safely at our hotel--the storm started here about 2 o'clock this afternoon. We spent the day shopping at Mall of America (like my kids needed any more swimsuits or shorts!) and now we're just hanging out waiting for our flight out at 8 a.m. tomorrow. Hopefully the snow stops and the flights aren't delayed too long. We are ready to go!!! We'll see you there--on Deck 10--for the sail away party. Bon voyage!! :banana: :yay: :banana: :yay:

Things have been so very busy that last couple of days but I finished packing last night about 11p. My mom is going to come get the baby at 1:30 and its then off the the airport!!!!This is it! We are really going to go. This whole time I have been waiting for something to happen and make us change our plans but OMg, OMG, OMG, OMG, we are leaving for the airport in 7 hours, WHOO HOO!!!!! See you guys on the ship!

Well, That was the most amazing vaca I have ever had! I am really tired but I definetly want to book a 5 night next time! Talk to you all soon!

Same here! I ran into PippiLatte on Deck 10 at the start of the sail away, but didn't catch anyone else... I hope everyone had an awesome time, too... even if I came back alittle redder than planned! I really enjoyed my whole day on Castaway Cay! What was everyone's favorite part of the trip?

Hi Everyone! Did you all find each other at the Sail Away? I looked for everyone and couldn't see any of our lovely green disboard meet tags! Of course it was so windy that day it was hard to look closely for anything. If you did meet, I hope it was fun for everyone.

We had a wonderful time! As soon as I unpack our masses of luggage I'll post a couple of photos...maybe we saw each other and didn't know it.

Our favorite part was Castaway Cay too. My son and I took a bike ride--it was his favorite thing we did on our trip. I'm thinking 5 day next time too--mostly for that double dip on CC!!

Well, That was the most amazing vaca I have ever had! I am really tired but I definetly want to book a 5 night next time! Talk to you all soon!

starmom, how did your son do with the trip? Did he like it?

We had a great trip as well!!

We said hello to "Connor's Dad" at the sail away party, but we didn't see anybody else on deck 10.

By far, our favorite time was at Castaway Cay. Sunshine, good food, hammocks -- what more could you want!! We went snorkeling too, and we took some great pictures of all of the sunken "treasures" in the snorkeling lagoon. I will have to post them soon.

I had never been on the Wonder before, but because of all of my time spent on the disboards, I felt like I already knew my way around the ship. I loved knowing all of the little tips and tricks that made my vacation even more magical.

Now that I am home, does anybody know how long I will feel like my house, car, etc. is rocking? I really just want the world to stop moving!! :rotfl2:

Hello All,

We are back safely from an amazing vacation and like PoppyGirl and starmom, we are thinking a 5 day cruise will be in our future.

I didn't run into anyone on Deck 10 for the sail away, unfortunately, but "Met" did find me at the Beach Blanket Buffet during lunch when we boarded so it was very nice to meet her and I hope her group had a great time.

We tried to hang around Deck 10 during the sail away party as long as possible but the chilly winds started to take a toll on my mom so we took her inside.

We drove from Ohio to Florida a tired, worn out, stressed out family and returned from Florida a refreshed, rejuvenated, closer and stronger family with a lit fire and determination to not let work and daily life take us over any longer.

My wife and I have seen the light in the importance of quality family time and we have made a commitment to ourselves to try and get away from the chaos of life, at least, once a year if not more.

Our goal is to do a Disney activity (Mainly the cruise) every year from here on out. We are going to look into the Disney Vacation Club and see if it is doable and/or a wise decision. Anyone a DVC member and if so any comments or advice on it?

Here are a few of our shots we bought from Shutter's...

scan0002a.jpg

scan0005a.jpg

scan0014a.jpg

scan0017a.jpg

scan0018a.jpg

scan0021a.jpg

I hope everyone made it home safe and sound! During the sailaway party we ran into pippylatte, Connorsdad (thanks for the bubbles) and Met! I have to say the service we recieved was EXCEPTIONAL! :cool1: However, we found out the hard way that I get VERY seasick and even with the arsenal of dramimine and meclezzine it didn't help me. :sad2: :sad2: Nick loved the kids clubs which was a god send considering clay and I spent a lot of time in our room with me lying down:( poor clay i think i ruined his time but I really could not help it. I guess I am not as good at "puke and recover" as I used to be! :rotfl: So unfourtunatly we have decided we are MUCH better off on land. Which is terrible we would have loved to do the bounceback offer or even 2 stops at CC but it just sucks that you have to get on a boat to make it there!

Shawna,

I am so sorry you were seasick. I could not believe how rough it was the first and last nights. I did end up skipping dinner the last night because I was not feeling well. I spent that time curled up on the comfy loungers on deck 4 with a couple of blankets from my room. The fresh air really helped me feel better, but I still didn't want to look at any food. Luckily, I had brunch at Palo earlier that day so my stomach was definitely not empty!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter