March 1-5, 2009 Wonder Cruise

Oh my gosh! I can't believe it is almost time to go! We are leaving Wednesday for a few days in WDW so I am going over the packing list and thought I would give a friendly reminder--don't forget your extention cord and own hair dryer!!! The last time we were on the Wonder I didn't know about the hair dryer--it is from like 1950! No kidding!
I haven't posted much, but I have been checking in. Life has been crazy! I can't wait to leave and just relax by the pool sipping on the drink of the day!
If I don't have a chance to post before I leave, safe travels to all and we'll see you onboard!!
Susie

Well, it is 10:30 p.m. and I just drove through a blizzard to Walmart! My son has been up for 2 hrs. coughing and I needed to get something to give him. Why do bad things happen to good people like us? All we wanted to do was go on Vacation! It seems like every family on here has a sick person right now, it's just not right! I am bummed and don't know what to do, I hope he get's better!:sad1:

Im sorry! I hope that he gets better. Maybe you could beg your dr for for a "just to be sure" antibitoic. I haven't had much of a voice for 2 days now, started as a head cold and now no voice (though my hubby is fine with it im sure:lmao:) I think it is the fun sucker trying to ruin our vacation!

The thread sure is slow today. I guess everyone is busy packing and getting ready! :cool1:

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out the packing thing--take as few suitcases as possible (baggage surcharges), make sure everyone has a "day bag," follow all the airline regs with our 3.4 oz bottles in the 1-Quart bags (one for each), enough sunscreen, prescription drugs, OTC drugs (just in case); and then try to pack so we only have to drag what we absolutely NEED into the hotel the night before we fly out...then haul everything into CBR on Friday until we have to re-pack on Saturday night because they will pick up our luggage that night--and have all our docs, passports, and yet another day bag with everything we need at the port so if we get on the boat and our luggage isn't there, we will be prepared!! I was a Girl Scout, and I need to be prepared!! Trying to think ahead and anticipate is driving me crazy....not to mention trying to get everything done at work that needs to be done before I can leave on Wednesday. ugh!! I need a vacation--luckily, that is coming soon!

And don't even get me started on "cruise casual" dress clothes for four people for four evenings. I'm not even considering packing "pirate gear" for pirate night.....:)

But it will all happen....it has to....and then I can enjoy my vacation!

I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out the packing thing--take as few suitcases as possible (baggage surcharges), make sure everyone has a "day bag," follow all the airline regs with our 3.4 oz bottles in the 1-Quart bags (one for each), enough sunscreen, prescription drugs, OTC drugs (just in case); and then try to pack so we only have to drag what we absolutely NEED into the hotel the night before we fly out...then haul everything into CBR on Friday until we have to re-pack on Saturday night because they will pick up our luggage that night--and have all our docs, passports, and yet another day bag with everything we need at the port so if we get on the boat and our luggage isn't there, we will be prepared!! I was a Girl Scout, and I need to be prepared!! Trying to think ahead and anticipate is driving me crazy....not to mention trying to get everything done at work that needs to be done before I can leave on Wednesday. ugh!! I need a vacation--luckily, that is coming soon!

And don't even get me started on "cruise casual" dress clothes for four people for four evenings. I'm not even considering packing "pirate gear" for pirate night.....:)

You described it so well. I had no idea what a process it would be to pack everything we will need for our trip. It is hard to figure out carry-ons, stuff for the DisneyWorld portion of our trip and then more stuff for the cruise portion.

I am glad I am not the only one stressing!

So, we leave in the morning! I can't believe it's finally here! We had ANOTHER visit to the dr. today for DS. At least it was good news that his ear infection is improving and his stomach pain is residual recovery from his recent virus, so ....he'll be fine! whew!

I hope everyone gets well and can enjoy the trip. I know how much stress it puts on people to have illness while getting ready to travel. You just worry! Or at least I do.

We are going to bed early since we have to leave at o' dark-thrity tomorrow morning. See you all on Sunday!

PoppyGirl :grouphug:

So, we leave in the morning! I can't believe it's finally here! We had ANOTHER visit to the dr. today for DS. At least it was good news that his ear infection is improving and his stomach pain is residual recovery from his recent virus, so ....he'll be fine! whew!

I hope everyone gets well and can enjoy the trip. I know how much stress it puts on people to have illness while getting ready to travel. You just worry! Or at least I do.

We are going to bed early since we have to leave at o' dark-thrity tomorrow morning. See you all on Sunday!

PoppyGirl :grouphug:

l am so excited to see one of us leave! I can not wait! Some bad news shawna we are canceling the parasailing. We are trying to save money.

I agree with you 100%! I have never had such a difficult time getting suitcases packed. And it's only for dh and myself. If I had to pack for others as well I think I would have had to be sedated by now! :lmao: Only a few more days and the stress will all be behind us. Our biggest worries will be which drink special to have and how many Mickey bars we can eat. :rotfl2:

l am so excited to see one of us leave! I can not wait! Some bad news shawna we are canceling the parasailing. We are trying to save money.

That is a bummer, but I can tell you I have kicked around the idea. We just found out today that we have to buy all new tires on DH's car. That excursion for 3 of us could pay for more than half of the tires. :confused3 However nick is really excited about it and I would really hate to disappoint him, I don't know what were gonna do.

So I am soo with you guys on the packing thing. I have been sick for several days now and I went to the basement to my packing corner (there are 6 suitcase, clothes and toiletteries for 3 people) and saw many, many piles of things and it has been so long since I was down there i have forgotten why I made all of the piles and what they are for:confused3 I sill don't feel the greatest so Im just gonna leave them for now and maybe the packing fairy will come fix it all and just leave me a list :rotfl: :rotfl:

We are almost there... this is the only kind of pixie dust I have to offer to help everyone get ready for our big week coming up (or sooner for some of you): (It's a few thread name ideas... a little late in the game though.)

crew.gif

gang1a.gif

scalywags.gif

mayhem.gif

marchin.gif

I apologize for posting these too late for one or two of the thread members - I just came up with them.

I hope everyone has a speedy recovery. Back to packing.

That is a bummer, but I can tell you I have kicked around the idea. We just found out today that we have to buy all new tires on DH's car. That excursion for 3 of us could pay for more than half of the tires. :confused3 However nick is really excited about it and I would really hate to disappoint him, I don't know what were gonna do.

Well, my son decided he wanted to do the sting ray adventure and we are doing Jet skiing so that will be enough. I know my DH really wanted to try it! But we will see you guys plenty elsewhere I'm sure, we are getting close :):cool1:

We are almost there... this is the only kind of pixie dust I have to offer to help everyone get ready for our big week coming up (or sooner for some of you): (It's a few thread name ideas... a little late in the game though.)

crew.gif

gang1a.gif

scalywags.gif

mayhem.gif

marchin.gif

I apologize for posting these too late for one or two of the thread members - I just came up with them.

They are all very cute I personally like the goofy one cuz i think i might fit!

crew.gif

gang1a.gif

scalywags.gif

mayhem.gif

marchin.gif

Another awesome job! They are all so cute. I like the Goofy one also. But love the tag "Mayhem and Merry makin Mousketeers". :thumbsup2
I'm going to print them and save them for my scrapbook when we get home. :goodvibes

So I was wondering if someone could clear up the meet and greet for me. I know it is during the sail away party right? And it is on deck 10, right? My main concern is that it is a big deck, which side of the ship? will it be obvious where we all are at? I just want to meet all my new friends and I obsess just a smidge!

Ooohhhh.....no!! I just need to vent a little.....we are now expecting a snowstorm on Thursday in Minnesota!!! 8" of snow and wind, too! We were planning to pick up the kids at school at 2 o'clock and drive 3 hours (that's how long it takes on a good weather day) to the Twin Cities.....and I will be packing on Thursday morning. But NOW....what if we have to leave on Wednesday to beat the storm, and I have to work, and the kids have tests scheduled at school on Thursday, and I'm NOT ready!?!?!?! More stress to add, and we didn't need any more! We MUST be in the Cities by Thursday night because Friday is an early morning to catch our flight.

I know there's nothing I can do about the weather, but I just needed to scream a little bit. Today was such a beautiful day here (over 40 degrees) so why couldn't it last long enough for us to get out of here safely and hassle-free????? :confused: :sad2: :scared:

So I was wondering if someone could clear up the meet and greet for me. I know it is during the sail away party right? And it is on deck 10, right? My main concern is that it is a big deck, which side of the ship? will it be obvious where we all are at? I just want to meet all my new friends and I obsess just a smidge!

Shawna I am hoping we will meet before, so I can give you your tag! Then we will at least know each other. I am sure we will be able to find everyone else on Deck 10, we can get our drink after we find the bunch, hehe!:cheer2:

I am leaving for the airport in one hour!!! I will be in warm, sunny Orlando this afternoon!

I have needed this vacation so badly, and it is finally here. Now, if I could just get over the butterflies in my stomach about leaving my kids at home. In my head I KNOW that they will be fine and actually have a lot of fun with Grandma, but in my heart I am going to miss them terribly. At least this gives me a reason to rebook onboard -- I need to bring them back! :cool1:

I hope everyone has a good week. Good luck with the final packing. Good luck with your flight or your drive to Orlando. I will see you all onboard! :banana:

Shawna I am hoping we will meet before, so I can give you your tag! Then we will at least know each other. I am sure we will be able to find everyone else on Deck 10, we can get our drink after we find the bunch, hehe!:cheer2:

When are you getting into orlando? How are you getting to port, maybe it would be possible to meet before the meet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter