Marceline to Disneyland, Following in Walt's Footsteps...

arthur06

DDC #689
Hey everyone and welcome to the party! Today marks the 100 days until we leave for my 3rd DLR trip and the rest of the families first trip.

The traveling party will be:

Me - 33, the Disney and travel junkie of this house
DW (Molly) - 30, the supportive wife who loves going to Disney, but not planning it
SOUTHANDKYLER073.jpg

DS (Kelton) - 5, A sweet hearted, laid back little guy who loves the parks.
DS (Kyler) - 3, (will be 4 when we leave) A stubborn and strong willed boy who drives you crazy and then in a second melts your heart.
053-2.jpg

***We planned this trip many months ago and DS 11 (Dylan) was allowed to go, but his mom has since changed her tune on that and will not let him go with us. We are hoping that she will change her mind, but we are booked the 4 of us right now.***

Now that you know the cast, keep along for the lead up and the trip, I hope it won't disappoint...

Now that you have the into, I will spend a post talking about each of us a bit so that you can get to know us a bit better and help with the planning that we have left to do.

I will start with myself.

Molly always asks me why I love Disney World/Land and I really don't have the answer or there isn't just one.

I was raised in a house without a lot of privilege and remember coming back to school after summer vacation and hearing other kids talk about there family vacations over the summer. We never took vacations, but as a kid, I remember that Disney was the best vacation you could have.

Then, by some miracle, the world seemed right. A local farmer decided to (or was asked to) plant a field in the shape of Mickey's head. It was supposedly in the flight path of NY to LA or something like that, that it could be seen from an airplane. Here is the pic...
ia23.gif

Well, the people of Disney decided that since I couldn't make it to Florida or California, they would bring Mickey to me...
002.jpg

I remember all the festivities that followed and how just in "awe" I was over the whole deal. I just knew that when I could afford to go, I would. So, when I was 22 and done with college, guess where I went!?!?!?!?

Now, over the last 11 years, I have made many trips to WDW, DLR, and even a cruise. I joined DVC, been a WDW AP holder. I guess I might have went overboard... but I don't think so.

Hope the countdown goes fast for you! :thumbsup2

It seems that the countdown is an eternity and the trip is over in the blink of an eye. I need to get moving and have a trip in the works before we leave, so there is something to look forward to while still reflecting back when we get home.

Need advice from anyone in KC area...

I am looking at a park and fly options, we are flying out Nov 3rd, but will be driving to Kansas City on the 2nd.

I found the following choices:
Clarion Hotel KCI with 10 days parking for $99 per night

or

Four Points with 14 day parking for $79 per night

Which of these choices would be the way to go? I don't know the KC airport area very well.

Need advice from anyone in KC area...

I am looking at a park and fly options, we are flying out Nov 3rd, but will be driving to Kansas City on the 2nd.

I found the following choices:
Clarion Hotel KCI with 10 days parking for $99 per night

or

Four Points with 14 day parking for $79 per night

Which of these choices would be the way to go? I don't know the KC airport area very well.

I'm on board. Not sure about the hotels as I never stay in them while living here. I live up close to the airport so I will take a look at them if I get a chance to drive by. Have you done trip advisor yet?

How many days are you staying at DL? How many days in the parks? Are you planning on doing anything outside of DL? You don't have to answer any or all of these questions as I don't want to hurry up your report. :)

November will be here before you know it! Did you get good airfare?

I'm on board. Not sure about the hotels as I never stay in them while living here. I live up close to the airport so I will take a look at them if I get a chance to drive by. Have you done trip advisor yet?

How many days are you staying at DL? How many days in the parks? Are you planning on doing anything outside of DL? You don't have to answer any or all of these questions as I don't want to hurry up your report. :)

November will be here before you know it! Did you get good airfare?

We are arriving in SoCall on the 3rd and check into the VGC on the 7th until the 10th. We are trying to decide the non-Disney things we want to do. DW wants to do the Queen Mary tour. We want to do a studio tour, but not sure with the kids. Walk of Fame, Grauman Theatre, Hollywood Sign. I have been to Cal several times, but the family has not.

I thought about doing the 3rd and 4th at DLR and then 2 days in Hollywood, then back to VGC. It's just difficult to make the final decision.

We are flying out of KC on Southwest. We used FF miles to fly to John Wayne. It was about 1/2 the miles as Minneapolis or Des Moines.

We are arriving in SoCall on the 3rd and check into the VGC on the 7th until the 10th. We are trying to decide the non-Disney things we want to do. DW wants to do the Queen Mary tour. We want to do a studio tour, but not sure with the kids. Walk of Fame, Grauman Theatre, Hollywood Sign. I have been to Cal several times, but the family has not.

I thought about doing the 3rd and 4th at DLR and then 2 days in Hollywood, then back to VGC. It's just difficult to make the final decision.

We are flying out of KC on Southwest. We used FF miles to fly to John Wayne. It was about 1/2 the miles as Minneapolis or Des Moines.

So where are you traveling from?

Go to your first post and then into advanced.

Thanks!

So where are you traveling from?

We live in Iowa. Basically half way between Minneapolis and Des Moines. It about a 2 hour drive to either. KC is another solid 2 from Des Moines. For the money we are saving on flights it worth the extra couple hours in the car.

We have some family in Liberty (my uncle actually works at the airport for the FAA, at least he did a few years ago) and they would let us stay there and take us to the airport, but I just hate showing up and putting them out. I know they would love it, but I just feel better at a hotel.

We also have some family in SoCal and will be having dinner with an uncle out there one night, maybe even joining us at the Parks one day. They live in the Moreno Valley/Riverside area.

Go to first post and hit edit button and then you should have an go advanced option.

Thanks!

We live in Iowa. Basically half way between Minneapolis and Des Moines. It about a 2 hour drive to either. KC is another solid 2 from Des Moines. For the money we are saving on flights it worth the extra couple hours in the car.

We have some family in Liberty (my uncle actually works at the airport for the FAA, at least he did a few years ago) and they would let us stay there and take us to the airport, but I just hate showing up and putting them out. I know they would love it, but I just feel better at a hotel.

We also have some family in SoCal and will be having dinner with an uncle out there one night, maybe even joining us at the Parks one day. They live in the Moreno Valley/Riverside area.

That beats my 8+ hour I did to save money. :lmao:

The countdown has the tally at 89 days to go. I am on vacation this week and I am taking all the boys to Vikings training camp this week. On Wednesday the RB's do an autograph session and they want to get Adrian Peterson's autograph.

I love all my weeks of vacation, but the one's where you stay home and work on the honey do list aren't as fun as the Disney ones!

The countdown has the tally at 89 days to go. I am on vacation this week and I am taking all the boys to Vikings training camp this week. On Wednesday the RB's do an autograph session and they want to get Adrian Peterson's autograph.

I love all my weeks of vacation, but the one's where you stay home and work on the honey do list aren't as fun as the Disney ones!

Have a great vacation. Vikings huh? I'm a season ticket holder for the KC Chiefs now and its been over 20 years. Man I'm getting old. Ever seen a game at the Metrodome or down here at Arrowhead?

Have a great vacation. Vikings huh? I'm a season ticket holder for the KC Chiefs now and its been over 20 years. Man I'm getting old. Ever seen a game at the Metrodome or down here at Arrowhead?

We go to every preseason game at the dome, so 2 a year. Then I usually go to one a year with friends. I just bought tickets to the Buffalo game on the 17th. I paid $41 for 5 tickets. The 2 younger boys are just at an age where they don't know the difference between Preseason and Regular Season, so why pay $250 for 5 tickets when I can pay $41?

DS11 (Dylan) is a RGlll fan, and they Redskins play at Chicago on the 18th. So me and the 2 older boys might be road tripping to Chicago that weekend. Vikings game the 17th and Bears/Redskins on the 18th.

I went to school at NWMSU in Maryville and the Chiefs had TC in St. Joe, so we went there once. I have been to the K about 4-5 times, but never to Arrowhead.

So today, mom went to work and I took the boys to Vikings training camp. It was Kids Camp today, so the boys got to go on the field and practice with some coaches.

It was so hot today and the bleachers were painted a dark green. Sitting down on about a 125 degree seat, with no air moving... it was uncomfortable this afternoon.

Parking was $7. Everything else was free (excluding food and drinks). They had an obstacle course set up, a castle bouncy house, a football field bouncy house, a football throwing game, mini golf and the football clinic all free of charge.

here are a few pics...

101-4.jpg

095-2.jpg

093-3.jpg

090-3.jpg

082-2.jpg

084-2.jpg

061-4.jpg

040-5.jpg

041-2.jpg

Looks like you guys had a good time. Our first preseason game is this friday night. Gotta take the camera with me.

Looks like you guys had a good time. Our first preseason game is this friday night. Gotta take the camera with me.

I see the Chiefs won the game, did you make it? How was it?

We love football season (well, DW doesn't), its just such a good time of year.

The Vikings didn't look the best, but I am not expecting a great season. Though, they do start with Jacksonville and Indy, so a couple of winnable games at least could give me some optimism to start the year and maybe some momentum to build on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter