Marathon weekends and discounts

Minckemom

Earning My Ears
Are the weekends of marathons usually blacked out for discounts? We are going for the Princess Half in February and I didn't know what to expect.

Are the weekends of marathons usually blacked out for discounts? We are going for the Princess Half in February and I didn't know what to expect.

I don't know for sure but I'd imagine there'd be no discounts. We've been there during 2 marathon weekends and believe me the place is full! We were at CBR and beginning Thursday and until Monday the place was crowded! :)

There is always the standard AAA discount if you are a member. Also, codes seem to be coming out at almost "last minute" for AP holders. I feel like unless it is a holiday lately, there is always some form of discount code coming out. Just not super in advance!

Try 407-WDW-IRUN for the runners package as there are only so many rooms ear marked for the host resorts. I missed the TOT deal and now will be using the AP discount when it comes out.

Try 407-WDW-IRUN for the runners package as there are only so many rooms ear marked for the host resorts. I missed the TOT deal and now will be using the AP discount when it comes out.

Just a heads up that if you're looking for room only, the 407-WDW-IRUN should not be your only inquiry for lodging! We called for the Wine and Dine and Marathon weekend, and in both cases room only was more expensive than general public/non-discounted rates that you can book online. We got a total $698.70/POP room quote from IRUN, and I checked online as it seemed high per night, in fat it was only $652. for the same nights online with no discount. I'm calling in to see if I can get AAA discount for now, then watching for AP after that. Same issue with Marathon weekend, it costs more to book a room through IRUN than it did to just book a non-discounted room only online. The rep on the phone said "I assure you these are discounted room rates", but when I read exactly what was in front of me online, she just said "Oh, well I thought they were but i guess not".

PLUS they make you give a $200/room deposit and you have to pay in full by 45 days ahead, then there's a penalty for changes after that. If you book online or at 407-W-DISNEY you only have to pay 1 night and you don't pay in full for room only until you check in, and can make changes without penalty.

May be a very different scenario for packages with tickets/dining etc, but for room only, call and use AAA or AP or whatever, or just book non-discounted online, you'll save some $ over IRUN.

We used either a FL resident discount or a passholder discount for Princess Half weekend this year (2013). Hoping that will be the case again in 2014!

For this year's Marathon Weekend (January), we had a general public discount of something like 25-30% at moderates and stayed at POR.

We are going in February for the Princess and I'm afraid since it isn't value season that there aren't going to be discounts that good (especially since it is the weekend after President's Day). :confused3

Just a heads up that if you're looking for room only, the 407-WDW-IRUN should not be your only inquiry for lodging! We called for the Wine and Dine and Marathon weekend, and in both cases room only was more expensive than general public/non-discounted rates that you can book online. We got a total $698.70/POP room quote from IRUN, and I checked online as it seemed high per night, in fat it was only $652. for the same nights online with no discount. I'm calling in to see if I can get AAA discount for now, then watching for AP after that. Same issue with Marathon weekend, it costs more to book a room through IRUN than it did to just book a non-discounted room only online. The rep on the phone said "I assure you these are discounted room rates", but when I read exactly what was in front of me online, she just said "Oh, well I thought they were but i guess not".

PLUS they make you give a $200/room deposit and you have to pay in full by 45 days ahead, then there's a penalty for changes after that. If you book online or at 407-W-DISNEY you only have to pay 1 night and you don't pay in full for room only until you check in, and can make changes without penalty.

May be a very different scenario for packages with tickets/dining etc, but for room only, call and use AAA or AP or whatever, or just book non-discounted online, you'll save some $ over IRUN.

I am so glad that you said this - I thought I was missing something. I called I-RUN and was shocked at the rates!!! I guess I will go with AAA and hope that something better comes out. I had them price the Poly and it was over $2000 for 3 nights - standard room.

I called IRUN and the discount was good for POFQ for TOT 10 mile but all of the rooms marked for IRUN were gone. Got a room there anyway and have to get rate adjusted for AP rate.

My mom ran the Princess this year with 4 of her friends and they were able to book the Stay and Play deal that was offered during that time frame. They arrived on Thursday and Friday and stayed until Monday (this was the weekend after Presidents Day). I booked their trip (Disney TA).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter