marathon weekend - family 5K questions

xyymom

Mouseketeer
I just realized that we will be at Disney for the marathon weekend and we want to do the family 5k. Has anyone done it?

How early do you have to be there before the race?

Do you get to stay in the park after with your marathon admission ($50.00) or do you have to use a park day off your pass?

How early will the registration close because it is at capacity? Is there any way to know how full it is now?

Does anyone know how many people are allowed in the 5K?

thanks!

I don't *think* the 5K has as many road closure issues as the half or full marathons, so getting to the start is less of an issue. I'd allow about an hour before the race to get oriented, hit the bathroom, go to the start, etc.

Your race bib will not include park admission.

Sorry, I don't know about the size of the field or if it sells out.

Have fun; the medals are usually quite good looking.

If you want pictures with the characters prerace I'd becat least an hour an a half early. The fee does not include admission. Tough to tell when the sellout will happen, earlier is safest.

It's been a few years since I did the 5K during marathon time, but I think it started around 7AM. Ours was at Epcot and we started outside the park and went through the park and back out to the parking lot.

You will not get free admission with the 5K registration. You only get that with the full marathon and it's for the next day (Monday).

I just realized that we will be at Disney for the marathon weekend and we want to do the family 5k. Has anyone done it?

How early do you have to be there before the race?

Do you get to stay in the park after with your marathon admission ($50.00) or do you have to use a park day off your pass?

How early will the registration close because it is at capacity? Is there any way to know how full it is now?

Does anyone know how many people are allowed in the 5K?

thanks!

You can get a ton of help over on the events/competition board.
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter