Marathon Weekend 2025

Maybe people wanting a redo of last year's shortened Goofy? I got my miles in the parking lot and don't feel like training for a full again, but I could see people wanting to try Goofy again after the weather-shortened half this yr.
I had the opposite take, because something interesting happened yesterday: this is the first time recorded that the half was the *last* race to sell out for MW. I was about to make a joke about how this year's race turned people off but I thought it was too soon. 😬

Asking to see if anyone has had success hearing back from RunDisney after trying to link registrations yesterday? I (along with a lot of people) got the good 'ol Stitch error. I really wanted to preorder the race jacket but fear that window will close (aka sellout) before DR IT gets their crap together.

Asking to see if anyone has had success hearing back from RunDisney after trying to link registrations yesterday? I (along with a lot of people) got the good 'ol Stitch error. I really wanted to preorder the race jacket but fear that window will close (aka sellout) before DR IT gets their crap together.
Thanks for the reminder on order the race jacket. I just put my pre-order in. This has been one piece of merch that I actually liked. I was thinking that other people had this in mind and my size wouldn't be around for long.

I emailed runDisney to see if they could merge the new account that was created when my friend registered me for Dopey yesterday into my existing account. I think I figured out that she didn't put my middle initial in, which probably made the system think it was a new person. I am not counting on hearing back on that for a week or so, which is fine because it is certainly not urgent as I can see the registration.

I emailed runDisney to see if they could merge the new account that was created when my friend registered me for Dopey yesterday into my existing account. I think I figured out that she didn't put my middle initial in, which probably made the system think it was a new person. I am not counting on hearing back on that for a week or so, which is fine because it is certainly not urgent as I can see the registration.
I can toggle between accounts on mine as well, and it's because I registered while logged into DH's account last year. I didn't change anything from my normal info, I think it's just something that happens when someone else registers you.

Yes we had lake view rooms and were midway in Moorea. Those ferry blow there horn when they leave the dock and come into the dock so when you're trying to go to bed early, it can be challenging.
Second this. Was Lake View Moorea before my first ever marathon. Now I would only do Standard View at Poly to avoid a repeat experience.

The ferries ran until midnight, which was not fun before a 2am wake-up (particularly for this light sleeper).

I actually ran into the Ferry Captain who was on duty that night a couple days later in the Twinings tea shop in Epcot. I consider it a mark that I'm a decent person that I refrained from negative comment.

Not yet. I registered my son and then tried to send the registration to his rD account for him to sign the waiver and.... nothing yet. I think worst case is he signs it in person? But I figured they were swamped yesterday and will respond in the coming weeks.

As for yesterday: Whew! The race before the race.
I almost feel like I should have had something afterward....

My wife and daughter are getting the same Stitch error message that everyone else is getting. I sent them the link to sign the waiver and they received the error. Now their registration no longer shows up in my account or their account.

I sent DH and SIL their registrations yesterday. SIL's will probably take an email because I was off by a year on her birthday, but DH's showed up and linked with 0 issues. However, he has THREE "accounts" under his login. :crazy:

On the pre-order side of things....I like the colors of the womens weekend jacket, but if past experience means anything, I can get it for 20% off if I *don't* pre-order it, and use mobile checkout at the expo (the DVC glitch.) And $20 is $20.

I sent DH and SIL their registrations yesterday. SIL's will probably take an email because I was off by a year on her birthday, but DH's showed up and linked with 0 issues. However, he has THREE "accounts" under his login. :crazy:
Have you ever tried to get runDisney to merge these? It's giving me more anxiety than I care to admit, especially because one uses my middle initial and the other one doesn't. I just hate stuff like this.

ETA: A random thought I just had where something like this could matter is with C2C verification. I would imagine that runDisney IT is not sophisticated enough to track races across two "accounts" and it could mess up verifying whether someone qualifies for C2C.

Have you ever tried to get runDisney to merge these? It's giving me more anxiety than I care to admit, especially because one uses my middle initial and the other one doesn't. I just hate stuff like this.

ETA: A random thought I just had where something like this could matter is with C2C verification. I would imagine that runDisney IT is not sophisticated enough to track races across two "accounts" and it could mess up verifying whether someone qualifies for C2C.
I haven't emailed them about merging because it's not an issue for us. (As a side note, I have 2 accounts since I registered DH and myself through his account last year.) So if someone else registers you, there's a good chance you have multiple accounts to click through in the corner after you log in.

We won't be doing C2C, so that's not a factor. And if you know you should be getting a wristband for C2C, that seems like it would be a simple enough thing to take care of in-person.

Thanks for the reminder on order the race jacket. I just put my pre-order in. This has been one piece of merch that I actually liked. I was thinking that other people had this in mind and my size wouldn't be around for long.
I’m debating on preordering the jacket too - just worried my DW might force me to rent out storage for all the race jackets I have…

I'm signed up for the marathon and right now we have a grand villa reserved at BWV. However, we're thinking about moving to the BLT as we'll be there with my almost 2-year-old daughter and we picture spending a lot of time at MK. While we don't have points points for a GV at BLT, we could do a MK-view 2-bedroom (traveling with my parents as well). It is good to know there is a bus back from Epcot following the marathon, and I love the idea of taking the monorail vs. the bus. What is the noise like at night at BLT? Any other considerations I should keep in mind?

I've stayed at BLT for two race weekends now. First one we got assigned to a room on a lower floor on the north side of the building, facing out. Bonus MK view but the fireworks were so loud they shook the windows! The next year, we requested a room on a higher floor on the opposite side and lucked out getting exactly that room assignment -- it was perfect. The only thing I dislike about BLT for races is lack of an easy quick service option, but with DVC we stock up the kitchen anyway.

I just preoreded the Dopey pins. All I want is Dopey merch not the general merch stuff... I would have preordered even more dopey stuff even though I am losing out of the discount I get cause I know Dopey stuff will sell out... I wish disney we give us more preorder options... like disney you are loseing out on money.

When I tried to forward my son's registration to his email yesterday, things fell down and we were unable to "see" his race in his rD account or in mine.
I emailed the email address that rD had and this afternoon they had already replied with a new link.
But before clicking on that, we logged into his rD account and the half entry was already there, so maybe it just took time for things to sift through. Regardless, we clicked on it and signed the waiver.

So if you haven't emailed yet, go check the rD accounts, or check your inbox to see if they have replied yet.
YMMV

On the pre-order side of things....I like the colors of the womens weekend jacket, but if past experience means anything, I can get it for 20% off if I *don't* pre-order it, and use mobile checkout at the expo (the DVC glitch.) And $20 is $20.
Tell me more about this glitch- I'm intrigued...

I stayed at Kidani for this past MW and really enjoyed it. I’ll be at All-Star Sports next year because I am trying to do Dopey on a serious budget. I will be alone so I don’t think Sports will be too bad. And I like how it matches the race theming in a way.

Tell me more about this glitch- I'm intrigued...
we have a resale contract, and are not supposed to be eligible for any discounts. but if you do mobile checkout at world of disney in disney springs, it automatically applies it (at least it still was in January.) The same thing happened with the rundisney merch (only with mobile checkout.) So we end up getting 20% off.

I stayed at Kidani for this past MW and really enjoyed it. I’ll be at All-Star Sports next year because I am trying to do Dopey on a serious budget. I will be alone so I don’t think Sports will be too bad. And I like how it matches the race theming in a way.
I've stayed at All Stars a few times for race weekends. The food court is convenient and the busses are plentiful. This year we had a conjoining room and the neighbors woke me up when they returned from their park day. Definitely putting that in the room request this coming year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter