• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2025

Ditto! My own browsers would no doubt still be counting down if it weren't for some helpful links.

I'm super excited at the idea of my son running with me. OTOH, if he actually gets himself enrolled in college, that is his move-in weekend. I decided that I'll happily eat the price of the half if it means him getting started on a degree
Yes agreed with the last person...Dopey closed less than 15 mins after I registered...and my que had only moved to 47 min....stressful but again thank you guys for coming through for us!

Well today was a test run for if I’m gonna keep my CRD membership. None of my browsers reached the registration screen. Shortest one was 45 minutes when the half sold out.
Please tell me how to register for club run disney...I thought registration was opening soon for that.

I would REALLY like to understand what keeps happening at my end… this is now at least the 3rd race weekend registration in which my queues failed to deliver. Here’s what I had going:

1 queue on iPad via Safari
1 on iPad via Chrome
1 on phone via Safari
1 on laptop via Chrome Incognito

Each had its own unique queue ID/URL. Not logged in to rD on any device. All on the same WiFi connection.

I never have issues with my WiFi with daily life - we can have multiple devices streaming at the same time without issue. But I feel like it HAS to be the WiFi, right? What else could possibly be so limiting over and over??

ETA: I should add that I never had any issues registering in the past, using iPad, laptop, or phone. Same WiFi performance? Who knows - Spectrum has a history of throttling to get people to pay more for higher speeds, so…

My window that I opened 10 minutes after registration is finally at 42 minutes. I'm really curious if I'll be able to register for the half, or if everything will sell out before I can get in.

(note - I shouldn't even be here right now, since I'm already registered for wine and dine, and have a trip to Disney planned for the end of January. And yet, I can't help myself.)
I guess the answer is no... Although the 29 minutes is better than the multiple reports I heard after wine and dine of people who got on right at 10am still having over an hour wait.
1712679193281.png

1 on iPad via Chrome
1 on phone via Safari

The two browsers that got the fastest wait times for me were my Chrome Incognito and my Edge Incognito. But it might be just a coincidence

Please tell me how to register for club run disney...I thought registration was opening soon for that.
Registration will probably be available in early-mid May. My renewal was May 2 last year, and after all the existing members renew/upgrade, they’ll open any remaining spots to the general public.

It’s the same process as registering for a race. Sitting a queue and hope you get in. The biggest difference is that current club members can renew. Platinum gets to renew first, followed by Gold then Silver. Whatever is leftover is what is up for grabs on general registration day.

Have to say that at least this went pretty smoothly, all things considered. No crashes, seems like there may have been fewer t-shirt issues? I have no idea why W&D was such a mess compared to this.
Agree; there have only been a couple of reports of unfortunate souls who got shut out of the race they wanted due to either rD IT glitches, personal computer issues, or just incredibly bad luck with multiple browsers going. More people willing to share more links certainly helped.

I'm not on much social media; it will be interesting to hear from the various Facebook groups how the "general public" fared this time around.

I would REALLY like to understand what keeps happening at my end… this is now at least the 3rd race weekend registration in which my queues failed to deliver. Here’s what I had going:

1 on iPad via Chrome
1 on phone via Safari

Each had its own unique queue ID/URL. Not logged in to rD on any device. All on the same WiFi connection.

I never have issues with my WiFi with daily life - we can have multiple devices streaming at the same time without issue. But I feel like it HAS to be the WiFi, right? What else could possibly be so limiting over and over??
Bear in mind that I got in via wi-fi, but I turned my phone's wifi off and had that running via cell signal only. I don't know if it mattered but I figured it was worth having two different connections going. My home laptop got in first, then cell phone, then work on Edge incognito. My first log-in (work on Chrome, my main browser) ended up being last.

1 on iPad via Chrome
1 on phone via Safari

ETA: I should add that I never had any issues registering in the past, using iPad, laptop, or phone. Same WiFi performance? Who knows - Spectrum has a history of throttling to get people to pay more for higher speeds, so…
Same, honestly. This registration, and the last one I tried for, the DL half, both gave me all my queues that never dropped under an hour, until sell out. I had to rely on the kindness of Dis'ers both times.

When does Club runDisney start selling memberships again? Asking for a friend, of course.

It's complicated. First they will offer current Platinum members to renew (iirc we got a 5 day window last year). Then they will offer Gold renewals and upgrades (assuming not all Platinums renew). Then Silver gets a shot to renew or upgrade (assuming not all Golds and Platinums renew). THEN general pubic gets what is left. This process starts end of April/early May.

IIRC last year there were no Platinums (or Golds?) available once it got to general public. So if rD decides not to expand membership, you may need to grab a Silver just to get in line for the upper tiers in future years. (FYI only Gold and Platinum provide early registration.)

1 on iPad via Chrome
1 on phone via Safari

It's really just luck of the draw I think. I always have a lot more than 4 open and I judging on how many links I sent to friends/here, my "success" rate was maybe 25%. So having 4 open and none getting through probably isn't unusual sadly. I had a few good queues across all my browsers and the time I entered the queue (as long as it was before 9:00) didn't matter either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter