• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2025

I requested the day off from work months ago. Apparently we are extremely short staffed this week so they asked me if I’d like to work today. I said absolutely not, I have am busy.

I have my 7 month dvc booking window for our Nov. trip followed by race sign ups. That’s a busy morning😂 (don’t worry, we have plenty of other people they can find to work)
Same here! I know they could use me at work but oh well 🤣🤣. I had June ADRs already this morning too!

It's registration day and I still don't know what I should sign up for.
BIL/SIL are coming down now, on Thursday night. Which means DH feels obligated to go pick them up from the airport (probably at like 11 or midnight) so he says "I'll just do the 5k." :(

SIL says she's going to do the half.

Which leaves me the quandry: 5k+Goofy (if Goofy is even available by the time I get in) or Dopey? Side note, DH saw how much Dopey cost last night and was shook. I'm trying to lobby him to just let them uber and get a 2br lock-off so they have their own door, but it's probably a futile attempt on my part.

How to register 2 people?
Our priority is DH getting the marathon, so i want to register him completely with payment, then i want to register myself for marathon if available, but I'll take 10k or half of i have to.
We will skip merchandise for now.
anyone know how to go from complete payment for DH to registering an mother person?
I did this for wine and dine. I just stayed in the tab on the browser I was in. I'm pretty sure the normal banner from the website was still at the top of the page after completing payment and I just clicked on the events tab and the event again. Then I clicked on the register button again and it just brought me immediately back to the registration page. I did that twice as I had 3 races to get between myself and DH.

Also, I'm not planning to do MW 2025, hoping for princess 2025 and then MW 2026. But when I registered for W&D I got a less than one minute queue on my work iPhone. So I'm trying an experiment today to see if I have a magic phone and get a good queue on it again. :laughing: I'll share on here for anyone that might need it, if I get anything good.

Finally jumping in and joining this thread after lurking for a while! I'm still a bit undecided, I've done 'just' the marathon the last two years and was originally thinking I would bump up to a challenge. I would love to do Goofy for the anniversary year but I think it would be much more sensible to focus on 'just' the marathon and improving that. I am also toying with marathon plus 10k... aaaah I can't decide!
Welcome!
My thought is always....If I'm going to run more than one race, might as well do them all!

BIL/SIL are coming down now, on Thursday night. Which means DH feels obligated to go pick them up from the airport (probably at like 11 or midnight) so he says "I'll just do the 5k." :(

Which leaves me the quandry: 5k+Goofy (if Goofy is even available by the time I get in) or Dopey? Side note, DH saw how much Dopey cost last night and was shook. I'm trying to lobby him to just let them uber and get a 2br lock-off so they have their own door, but it's probably a futile attempt on my part.
Kindness is great and all, but there's also being respectful enough not to ask....
Uber is a thing. AITA??

Sorry for the added stress on what is already a stressful day.

Good luck to everyone. Hope you get the race(s) you want.

If I can, I'll try and get in the que and provide a short waittime for anyone that needs it if I get one. Considering I never get anything less than a billion hours when I actually need to register, the odds are probably good that this will be the time I get a 5 minute waittime:earboy2:

Kindness is great and all, but there's also being respectful enough not to ask....
Uber is a thing. AITA??
NTA.
That's what I told him. His family has a very strong sense of obligation to each other about stuff like this. And most of the time it's great. But sometimes (like now) it's really annoying.

ALTHOUGH, I did just look at SW flights, and there's one that doesn't land until 1:15, so theoretically, we could just leave then, go pick them up, drop them off, and then drive to Epcot for the 10k. LOL

Last edited:
Finally jumping in and joining this thread after lurking for a while! I'm still a bit undecided, I've done 'just' the marathon the last two years and was originally thinking I would bump up to a challenge. I would love to do Goofy for the anniversary year but I think it would be much more sensible to focus on 'just' the marathon and improving that. I am also toying with marathon plus 10k... aaaah I can't decide!
Goofy. Don't worry about times. Focus on more photos and 3 medals....

The fun has already begun. I can't sign into my rundisney account on my work computer. I try and it says you need to sign in. OK, I am trying but you won't let me. Phone and iPad it is then.

This is the first race I'm registering for. There are no virtual queues open yet, right?
It usually doesn't open the "pre" waiting room until about 9:40-9:45. Anyone who joins before 10am (or when registration actually opens) is placed randomly once registration starts. Anyone who joins at 10/when registration starts is placed in the order they joined (plus everyone that's in early and placed randomly.)

And trust me. You'll know from the comments in here when things open. :rotfl2:

Caution runners, speed bump ahead!!!!

Registration day!!! Embrace the chaos. Good luck everyone. More than likely I will be one of the people asking for help with a link despite the 5 different screens I have open.
What are these links everyone keeps talking about?

Goofy. Don't worry about times. Focus on more photos and 3 medals....
It'll end up being an impulse decision at this stage lol

Welcome!
My thought is always....If I'm going to run more than one race, might as well do them all!

Ah oh my gosh you guys are a bad influence

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter