Marathon Weekend 2025

Is it fair if I only vote now? I say Haunted Mansion. While I appreciate the technology behind Guardians, and accept that it's a great ride, I think the true original Disney talent is evident in HM. Story, theming, etc.

Ask me to quote an attraction? Haunted Mansion. Now what was memorable about Guardians? Um.....

SAFD:

Although it already feels a bit futile considering the early vote count and that so many have previously explained they can’t ride it, my vote goes to Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.

It is pretty interesting that an opening day attraction and one of the newest thrill attractions are here at the end. I think they both represent the imagination and technological innovation that keeps us all coming back to Disney.

Although I expected a Haunted Mansion win from the beginning (no shade, it’s a great, must-do attraction for me as well) part of me was hoping we might see a surprise winner. Here’s hoping Tiana’s Bayou Adventure is an amazing enough reimagining to maybe throw a wrench into Haunted Mansion’s MK dominance in the future.
It’s fascinating how this has played out. Either way with the final four we were getting a modern vs classic matchup, not sure if that was by design but it’s neat. The left brackets were Epcot and HS, and with a few exceptions HS is filled with newer rides. A bit surprised that ToT didn’t last longer, and on the Epcot side I don’t think it’s that surprising that Guardians came out on top.

It’s fascinating how this has played out. Either way with the final four we were getting a modern vs classic matchup, not sure if that was by design but it’s neat. The left brackets were Epcot and HS, and with a few exceptions HS is filled with newer rides. A bit surprised that ToT didn’t last longer, and on the Epcot side I don’t think it’s that surprising that Guardians came out on top.
There was no "by design" involved in arranging the brackets. It was all based on SAFD answers. Before we started voting for attractions, we ranked our favorite parks. Those rankings came out to be:

1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Animal Kingdom
4. Hollywood Studios

The brackets were set in elimination tournament format, with 1 & 4 paired on one side and 2 & 3 paired on the other. I guess it's not too surprising that the favorite attractions from the two most popular parks are facing off in the finals.

SAFD: Haunted Mansion

I enjoy Guardians more -- it's newer, it's more thrilling -- but I'd be much more upset if HM were to be winked out of existence. The history, its thematic continuity within Liberty Square ... it's a different type of Imagineering, but it's the best example of its type, and I love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter