Marathon Weekend 2025

Good morning RunDisney All Stars! Sorry for the late start this morning, I had a half marathon to run. I'll put up a race report for it later in the day, but for those who can't stand the suspense, my only goal was to reestablish a Corral B PoT since mine had expired and I was successful in the attempt. :D

Now, on to the more important things, like housekeeping for March Magical Madness. We had 52 votes submitted for Round 1. Were there any upsets? Will there be a Cinderella story as good as my beloved Wolfpack going 5 wins in 5 days, knocking off the top 3 seeds in the ACC Tournament to secure a bid to the Big Dance? I don't think so, but after staying up until after 11p last night to see how the title game ended despite a 3:30a wake-up call for my half this morning, I just might be a little sleep-deprived punchy right now, and NC State deserves the rare shout out! WITH!

Here are the results from last week's match ups and there were some really close match ups and surprises, to me, at least:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy 37
4. Living with the Land 15

3. Spaceship Earth 27
2. Soarin' 25

2. Tower of Terror 25
3. Toy Story Midway Mania 27

4. Mickey Minnie's Runaway Railway 16
1. Rise of the Resistance 36

1. Haunted Mansion 36

4. Splash Mountain/Tiana's Bayou 16

3. Pirates of the Caribbean 26
2. Big Thunder Mountain RR 26 (advances as higher seed)

2. Expedition Everest 31

3. Flight of Passage 20

4. Maharajah Jungle Trek 0 (folks, not in the face, please!!)
1. Kilimanjaro Safaris 52

I didn't have a good way to determine how to break the tie between Pirates and Big Thunder, so I chose to advance the higher seed, as the seeding indicated a broader overall popularity, even though it hurt my heart to drop Pirates from the competition.
We were totally rooting for NCSU to beat Carolina! And such an exciting finish on Friday night to get to Saturday. Great week for you guys.

SAFD:

Spaceship Earth
Rise of the Resistance
Haunted Mansion
Kilimanjaro Safari

Also, not only did I get my time goal in the marathon yesterday, I beat it by 14 minutes! My POT would put me in Corral B for the marathon if I can get registered! Definitely feeling that race today though.

And I was looking at rooms to book today too. Hoping to get that done this week.

Last edited:
Ended up booking our resort for MW 2025 today. Getting in now before prices jump later on. Booked Caribbean Beach for the trip. Also booked a room for Disneyland HMW.

I rented DVC for MW, so if I don't get into MW, this will be awkward. I also got a room in Anaheim for DL Half. Prices did jump up from a couple months ago, and those were already high.

I rented DVC for MW, so if I don't get into MW, this will be awkward. I also got a room in Anaheim for DL Half. Prices did jump up from a couple months ago, and those were already high.
Cheering people are important too! And we promise you can still hang out with us even if you’re not running 😁😁

But really, I hope registration cooperates for you!

Seems to be a booking day - booked at POP today for MW but will keep an eye on rates at Swan & Dolphin and likely switch over as we get closer.

Haha -- I booked a couple of nights for an anniversary trip with my wife in October (no RunDisney). It really IS the day for it!

I booked my room for Wine & Dine today as well. We stay at Universal and rumor has it that Universal is going to announce its dates for Halloween Horror Nights in the next few days so I wanted to lock our rates in just in case they extend HHN through the weekend.

I would have booked our room for MW if I could get my friend/travel partner to decide what we want to book. A suite at Cabana Bay is about $50 more per night than a regular room and I need to know whether she wants to spend the extra money. I would go for it (the extra space and dedicated kitchen/living room area is worth it for such a long trip), but I want to make sure she is okay with it.

Of course, fingers crossed that I can get an annual passholder rate for both trips once they come out, but I like knowing that we have a room.

Sigh... That word 'Just.' It really takes on a new meaning at RunDisney events. Our first was just a half marathon at Wine and Dine. After that we did challenges and that fateful word can't up again... Just the Marathon?
Sigh.... lol
The smiley at the bottom of the post was meant to indicate a fair amount of tongue-in-cheek (and reference past conversations) about "just" a Goofy or "just" a marathon. No disparagement was meant.

In fact, count me as totally amazed to hear myself utter (type) the word just, even in jest, in conjunction with a half, full, or combinations thereof.

Roughly 30 or 31 years ago I couldn't believe I was training to run 6 miles, much less anything further. And now I have a full blown case of adult onset running disorder. It is contagious.

The smiley at the bottom of the post was meant to indicate a fair amount of tongue-in-cheek (and reference past conversations) about "just" a Goofy or "just" a marathon. No disparagement was meant.

In fact, count me as totally amazed to hear myself utter (type) the word just, even in jest, in conjunction with a half, full, or combinations thereof.

Roughly 30 or 31 years ago I couldn't believe I was training to run 6 miles, much less anything further. And now I have a full blown case of adult onset running disorder. It is contagious.
Totally get it. Didn't think you were saying anything. I feel the stage personalities at the events use it the most. There it is very tongue in cheek as well. But it still grates on you. I think the discussion following exemplifies that rather well.
Again never thought you were saying anything personal.

Cheering people are important too! And we promise you can still hang out with us even if you’re not running 😁😁

But really, I hope registration cooperates for you!

THIS ^^^ I had the BEST time spectating the marathon last year. Highly recommend if you somehow manage to miss out on registration. But I have faith you'll get in.

Totally get it. Didn't think you were saying anything. I feel the stage personalities at the events use it the most. There it is very tongue in cheek as well. But it still grates on you. I think the discussion following exemplifies that rather well.
Again never thought you were saying anything personal.
For me, I just lean into it. As someone who "just" runs the marathon, I enjoy playing up the fact that I am a total loser, a slacker, a lazy ragamuffin who needs his beauty sleep too much to schlep over to Epcot 4 days in a row.

Anything more than that is just goofy. (Or dopey.)

POT information:
Proof of time is required for starting group placement if you claim you will finish a marathon in 5 hours (5:00) or less, or a half marathon in 2 hours and 30 minutes (2:30) or less. Otherwise, proof of time is not required.

We do not accept self-timed, training or virtual runs as proof of time. Proof of time must be provided by the participant for each individual race from an officially timed 10K, 12K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon race reflecting results within the last two (2) years.

Past runDisney races may be used as proof of time; however, you will need to submit them with your race registration. Participants will be placed in the last start group if the required proof of time is not submitted. If you submit a proof of time from a race distance other than a Half Marathon, an industry standard calculation will be applied to equate your time.

If proof of time is not provided by July 1, 2024, or if the data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start group. No start group changes will be made after such date.

Additional details:

Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge and Dopey Challenge participants should adhere to Full Marathon proof of time requirements. Proof of time is not required for the 5K and 10K races.

Please note that if you submit a proof of time from an alternate race distance, an industry standard calculation will be applied to equate your finish time.

• Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race on a USATF certified course reflecting results between January 1, 2022 and July 1, 2024, and must be one of the below listed distances.
  • Participants will be placed in the last start group if appropriate race distance is not submitted for proof of time or if the data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified.

Full Marathon Proof of Time: Results for a 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon

Half Marathon Proof of Time: Results for a 10K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon

I like the retro designs, the 5k and 10k look totally different with the outlining but I'm not a graphic designer so I can get over that lol. I don't really like the colors but I'm a bright/pastel colors girl and I understand they gotta switch it up :hyper:

I like that the Dopey purple is more pastel! The actual weekend artwork is my favorite color scheme I think, I'll definitely get some generic weekend merch with that design!

After doing Disneyland, I thought "another grey half?" lol! I'm happy to see the 5k/10k not orange/yellow again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter