Marathon Weekend 2024

SAFD: Training is going really well! I wasn’t going to actually start my training plan until tomorrow but the tune-up half I’m running in November sent out some really nice training plans. One of which aligned nicely with what I was planning, just a little heavier on the miles, so I started that 3 weeks ago as a jumpstart! I could use the extra boost now that I switched over to Goofy and I’m also doing the 10k!

SAFD: MW is not a big part of my training plan because I am only running the half and only for fun and photos. (I am Cookie Monster-bounding, and yes, I will be fueling with chocolate chip cookies during the race 🤣🍪)

However, I just wrapped up week 4 of training for the Space Coast Marathon, and so far I'm happy with how it's going. Today I did 5 miles at marathon pace as part of a 12-mile run and felt good, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

SAFD: About halfway into Dopey training. Long runs are up to 14 miles with a half race scheduled for next weekend. Trying to move up one corral if possible with POT. Dealing with a little bit of achilles tendonitis on the right side. Takes a little time to warm up on runs. Currently working on a little more speed by improving my VO2 max, but this old body doesn't like cooperating.

Can someone point me to where the 2024 proof of time deadline info? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
To expand on what @Naomeri posted, it must be submitted by 26 Sept.

• Proof of Time must be submitted at the time of registration. You may change your proof of time until the deadline of September 26, 2023. No changes can be made after September 26, 2023. If data provided is incomplete or cannot be verified, you will be placed in the last start group.

SAFD: As well as can be expected. I'm training for MCM and that's 8-weeks out for what will be an all-out race for me. For MW, I'm hoping to simply hold on to my fitness with minimal loss and run Dopey for fun. I had thought we made it through the worst of the heat, but this week is testing that...

SAFD: Training has been going ok, I guess. The heat and humidity has really made it less consistent than I'd like, with some shortened runs and some missed runs. That being said, I'm currently tapering for the Sugg Farm 40 Miler next weekend. We'll see how that goes.

SAFD: haven’t started focusing on marathon weekend yet but spent the summer training to attempt a POT at a half in 2 weeks 🤞 Thought I got a POT for goofy at a 10 miler in the spring but after emailing track shack I was a few seconds short. 14 miles completed yesterday and now to taper. Will start focusing on marathon weekend at the end of September.

SAFD: haven’t started focusing on marathon weekend yet but spent the summer training to attempt a POT at a half in 2 weeks 🤞 Thought I got a POT for goofy at a 10 miler in the spring but after emailing track shack I was a few seconds short. 14 miles completed yesterday and now to taper. Will start focusing on marathon weekend at the end of September.
Best of luck!

SAFD: Have kept a ‘mostly’ consistent running pattern over the summer, so feel much better than last year when I was sidelined and didn’t really start until Sept. So knock on wood feeling pretty good. I use Training Peaks and the “XX weeks to Dopey” is there every day reminding me, currently 17 weeks which wow, doesn’t feel like that long!

PS: Third song on my running playlist (which I keep on random) this morning was One Particular Harbor. Seemed fitting. 🦜🏖️🍹

SAFD: Have been pretty much running all year long since last MW. But nothing really long since it has been so hot in the Houston area all summer long. Mornings have been a little bit cooler than it has been (if you can call it cool) so starting to increase distance now. Probably had best two runs of the summer yesterday and today. Plan is to be up to 10 miles in the next weekend or so as I have a 10 mile race the first weekend of October. Then after that will start to get it up to half marathon distance and then cruise with that until MW.

SAFD: I only registered a week or two ago, so my training hasn’t really started yet. I’m sure my coach will build Dopey into the long range plan with the other events I’m planning on doing this fall and winter as we continue the long slow build to Challenge Roth.
What is challenge Roth?

I am following a different plan this go around that is more time based as opposed to mileage based. It is very different for me. And so strange to have finished runs at .93 or .97 and not need to finish off the last .03 to make it a whole mile. Honestly that has probably been he hardest part!

I do timed runs. I do usually cheat a bit when it’s close like that. 😂

SAFD: At the moment my training is focused on a half in 2 weeks that I’m running for time followed by the W&D challenge. Since I’m “only” doing the half at MW this year, training for those 2 will just flow right into MW and DL. Training is going well now after very little running in June and July due to an Achilles injury. Just ran half distance today for the first time since January but I’m feeling pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter